Thon Maker declaring for the draft

30,806 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DukeMu
wacarnolds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
it took a damn global epidemic to keep Thon Maker from getting the praise he deserves for putting up 5 points/3 rebounds as a 43 year old
CactusThomas
AG
This thread is pure texags gold.

Except for Bob's journalism rant on page 3.
gig them
AG
This is one hell of a bump gang
MarcAg
AG
I knew I was going to be safe on this one, but does anyone else cringe when old posts get brought back to the top. I'm always like I'm sure I made some really dumb comments years ago on this thread and am always happy when I scroll through and can breath a sigh of relief and it's actually one I didn't say anything stupid on.

(from the guy that was probably the loudest mouth on the internet about Fran being the answer for Aggie football)
wacarnolds
AG
MarcAg said:

I knew I was going to be safe on this one, but does anyone else cringe when old posts get brought back to the top. I'm always like I'm sure I made some really dumb comments years ago on this thread and am always happy when I scroll through and can breath a sigh of relief and it's actually one I didn't say anything stupid on.

(from the guy that was probably the loudest mouth on the internet about Fran being the answer for Aggie football)

A lot of dumb things get said by everyone on here, but those things can probably be found verbatim on twenty other message boards.

The Thon Maker guarantee, the Gulf of Mexico Theory, those are truly original acts that deserve to be memorialized.
Pumpkinhead
AG
MarcAg said:

I didn't know this. Upon first reading this post, my respect for you fell by several points. But then I reflected, it takes strong character to openly admit such a grievous mistake, so my respect rose back to its previous position.
MarcAg
AG
Oh I was a big Fran guy. Before it was even really rumored I said this is the guy we need to go after. He was going to get it done. I'm usually wrong, but that was the most wrong I've ever been.
AggieEP
To be fair, when you look back at that draft, Milwaukee drafted the rookie of the year (Brogdon) and even though Maker did nothing for them, it's not like there were lots of obvious alternatives out there. Of the rest of the picks in the 1st round that year, probably only 3 are good enough to be in Milwaukee's rotation (Sabonis, Beasley, Siakam)

But can you imagine an alternate universe where they did draft Siakam? Giannis, Middleton and Siakam in the front court would be unstoppable.
CactusThomas
AG
USNAggie44 said:

Thon will never make an all-NBA team. Quote me
Thon averaged 2.8 ppg for Jerusalem in the Israeli league last year and has taken his NBA MVP potential to the Fujian Sturgeons this year.

I think the prediction above is safe.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Hickory High said:

To each their own. And I know about the talent. IMO Thon is better at 19 than Giannis Antetokounmpo was at 19. You can quote me on my prediction.

LMFAO

Does this dummy still post here?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Hickory High said:

That will be a funny article to bring up in 4-5 years when he's a great player.
Rocinante
MarcAg said:

Oh I was a big Fran guy. Before it was even really rumored I said this is the guy we need to go after. He was going to get it done. I'm usually wrong, but that was the most wrong I've ever been.

But it was a reasonable opinion at the time. Fran had a fantastic track record prior to A&M. No shame in a reasonable opinion that turns out to be wrong. It happens.

Now predicting thon maker to be an mvp candidate was always dumb.
Coward Jimbo
AG
wacarnolds said:

MarcAg said:

A lot of dumb things get said by everyone on here, but those things can probably be found verbatim on twenty other message boards.

The Thon Maker guarantee, the Gulf of Mexico Theory, those are truly original acts that deserve to be memorialized.
Can you please expand on the gulf of mexico theory, or link a thread?
wacarnolds
AG
Savior Jimbo said:

wacarnolds said:

MarcAg said:

Jeffhamilton82, a real dumbass, used to argue that any school in a state bordering the Gulf of Mexico was incapable of achieving basketball success due to the popularity of football in the region
_lefraud_
AG
https://texags.com/forums/7/topics/2623210/5#discussion

Enjoy!
EliteZags
AG
EliteZags said:

think he'd go ahead of Ron Baker?
well at least he proved himself worthy of this
DukeMu
wacarnolds said:

Savior Jimbo said:

wacarnolds said:

MarcAg said:

Jeffhamilton82, a real dumbass, used to argue that any school in a state bordering the Gulf of Mexico was incapable of achieving basketball success due to the popularity of football in the region

The GoM Theory. OMG. A classic.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.