Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Best Hot Dogs/Franks

12,660 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by WilCoAg17
aggiedata
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just picked this box of goodies up

https://www.bbbutchers.com/menus-houston#menu=pop-grill-packages-ordering-houston&item=tx-burger-and-wagyu-hot-dog-box
Wagyu hot dogs, butcher burgers, thick sliced bacon, cheese, sauces and buns

The whole family is very excited for the 4th as you can tell. Hannah particularly!

Agasaurus Tex
AG
You better lock that away in a safe or you're gonna have an empty and a very fat and happy pooch.
The Dirty Sock
Ate some Bar-S hot dogs for lunch. Feel like I just celebrated russia.
ValleyRatAg
AG
I know it feels like it, but that's legit east Texas Americana.
pablof
HEB Texas Heritage Hot Dogs, Beef Brisket.

Trust me, HEB somehow is able to provided their brand of products that meet or beat favored major brands. We've been Hebrew and Nathan's fans but have switched to these and won't look back!
HTownAg98
I hope she gets some treats for torturing her like that.
aggiedata
AG
She is our inspector of all new things. She was just doing her job. … And she is well 'treated'.
REMtx
I usually get HEB Natural all beef hotdogs and they are usually ok with chili or other toppings. I do eat a Costco dog sometimes when I go shopping there.

When I really want to splurge and have a real experience, I order Vienna Beef brand hotdogs online with a Chicago dog kit. Comes with the franks, poppy-seed buns, yellow mustard, sport peppers, neon green relish, and celery salt. You just got to add the tomato, onion, and pickle spear.
rilloaggie
AG
The Dirty Sock said:

I have some Okie kinfolk and they always had the hookup for cheap (like cheaper than usual, which is saying something!) Bar-s dogs. I think they knew somebody at the plant where they get made and would buy them by the cooler full. I can guarantee I've eaten my weight in those things many times over. Garbage compared to Nathan's or any of the higher end dogs but I'll always have a nostalgic bone in my body for a bar-s dog, cooked over charcoal with too much lighter fluid, and whatever white bread was cheapest at the grocery store!
HTownAg98
I had a Nathan's hot dog white trash style with a slice of bread because Nathan's can't count to 8.
medwriter
The Dirty Sock said:

I used to get hotdogs at Fuddruckers instead of burgers. I'm not ashamed. They were damn good.
No shame in that Dirty. That is a great suggestion. I ended up getting Hebrew National and Boars Head. The 4th was a great success and loved every bite.
medwriter
rilloaggie said:

The Dirty Sock said:

I have some Okie kinfolk and they always had the hookup for cheap (like cheaper than usual, which is saying something!) Bar-s dogs. I think they knew somebody at the plant where they get made and would buy them by the cooler full. I can guarantee I've eaten my weight in those things many times over. Garbage compared to Nathan's or any of the higher end dogs but I'll always have a nostalgic bone in my body for a bar-s dog, cooked over charcoal with too much lighter fluid, and whatever white bread was cheapest at the grocery store!
Yeah. I live in OKC now after 25 years in Fort Worth and Hurst. I miss Texas because in DFW you can get ANYTHING within a stone's throw. I plan to move back at some point. OKC is pretty good, but cannot compare to DFW.
Cola8d8
Anyone know a place in B/CS that sells poppy-seed hotdog buns?
HTownAg98
If there's a place that serves Chicago style dogs, buy them there.
sangredevino
Try Sabrett. Really good Hot Dog that has a snap to it.
cavjock88
AG
sangredevino said:

EOT
AMF 2 AMC
AG
sangredevino said:

gotta love the dirty water dogs!
WilCoAg17
AG
If you're within driving distance of Taylor, TX, Taylor Meat Company has red rocket hot dogs that I absolutely love. They may be a bit nostalgic for me, but I've served them at a couple of cookouts and everyone raved about them. They also make for a great corndog if that is your fancy.
Class of 2017, Craft Beer Enthusiast, Former Beer Sales, Current Real Estate Appraiser #GoSpursGo #ForTheH

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.