Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE CIGAR THREAD

78,190 Views | 550 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Irish 2.0
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for the link
CFTXAG10
AG
Picked it up too. Thanks for the link. That seems like a steal.
AggieChemist
AG
Great link. I picked one up too. By the way, we are doing a cigar pass on the OB. Signup runs through Sunday.
spud1910
AG
Got it too. Thanks.
CFTXAG10
AG
This flathead 660 was another excellent rec. Pairs well with some bulleit rye. Consistently good smoke throughout.
JFrench
AG
I'm still new to the game. I don't drink whiskey much anymore. But wanted to try with a cigar. My go to is bulleit rye. So I grab bottle and for some reason I ended up with a Tabak Dulce. I looked it up when I got home and had neither that night.

I saved it for a cup of coffee on a sat morning. It was great. At the time it was my 10th or so cigar and i finally had a great pairing. I had one yesterday morning. Have a Patel java as I'm typing.

I'll be picking up the flathead for the rye now!
BlackLab
AG
Enjoying Oliva G double robusto.
ElCheAg
AG
Found another "deal". 10 pack Montecristo Robusto Larga for $30. In case anyone is interested.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14100359-montecristo-10-pack-cigars-29-99?attrsrc=Test%3AElasticsearchIntegration%3AElasticsearch_rev1&src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

96ags
AG
Don't know if was the cool weather after the rain or the good company, but I really enjoyed the Qual d'Orsay no. 54 I had last night.
CFTXAG10
AG
The Oliva Sampler is out for delivery today
JFrench
AG
Built sampler from CI of the 7 different 5 packs. Split it up at the office. Each person got 1 of

Cao Brazilian
Cohiba red dot
Gurkha symphony
La aroma mi amory duque
Monte platinum
Ava maria immaculata
Ajf la gran llave

Worked out to $3.50ish a stick
JFrench
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

The Oliva Sampler is out for delivery today

I also got this coming. When messing around on that deal website I scrolled thru what appeared to be expired Avery deal. I followed links anyways and it still worked. I don't know if this link will work but of not just click thru the hyperlinks as it should and it worked for me. Got a tracking number so figure it's coming. Also, sounds like these sign you up for someone to pester you.

https://www.bestcigarprices.com/cigar-directory/alec-bradley-cigars/alec-bradley-90~rated-5~cigar-sampler-~-limit-1-per-household-235870/?saleid=55904

CFTXAG10
AG
About to light up a G
CoachKeezy987
Liga Privada No.9 Toro with a Voodoo Ranger Juicy Hazy IPA on the patio after afternoon of yardwork
CoachLB
I have been smoking mostly Padron 1964 Anniversary cigars lately. Sitting outside right now smoking a Flathead 660. I forgot how good these are. 6x60 box-pressed. Perfect burn, ash fell off at halfway point. Great dark flavors with no harsh strength. .
AggieChemist
AG
Who else is having a nice smoke outside on this 65 degree July evening?

AggieChemist
AG
Graycliff 10 year vintage Maduro. Fine stick.

Happy birthday, America.

ElCheAg
AG
Livin' da life.
Texaggie7nine

7nine
JFrench
AG
I added an exhaust fan to a window in the air conditioned room in my garage. Wanted that 65 degree in July feeling
AggieChemist
AG
JFrench said:

I added an exhaust fan to a window in the air conditioned room in my garage. Wanted that 65 degree in July feeling

Gotta be a few perks to living on top of an Appalachian mountain.
96ags
AG
Not a bad Monday afternoon
Texaggie7nine
What you got there?
7nine
96ags
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

What you got there?
Partagas D4 and a chocolate lab!
ORAggieFan
A couple of my humidors. Also have a cooler full of intact boxes.

CoachLB
Nice!!! Some great cigars in there too!!
ORAggieFan
CoachLB said:

Nice!!! Some great cigars in there too!!

Even better when you know some of the box codes or see in that singles humi on top. What's insane is this collection is absolutely nothing compared to many of my friends.
CoachLB
That is an impressive collection! Your buddies must be really serious collectors!
ORAggieFan
Six figure collections that push seven.....

But, you'd have no idea meeting them. Some of the most down to earth and generous people I know.
CoachLB
Wow! Must be amazing to see that kind of collection. And glad to hear they are such nice people.
spud1910
AG
Thanks for the heads up on this deal.
96ags
AG
Another one for the Olivia!
Texaggie7nine
Glad yall are enjoying them.

My shipment unfortunately went to my old address and was never to be seen.

Gonna try for thisdeal though.
7nine
CFTXAG10
AG
So far the leader in the clubhouse from that pack has been the Connecticut, but all have been fantastic
Texaggie7nine
CFTXAG10 said:

So far the leader in the clubhouse from that pack has been the Connecticut, but all have been fantastic
When I'm well stocked on stogies, I generally try to give most cigars that I get shipped to me at least 2 weeks in the humidor before I smoke em unless I can really tell they are just right moisture level, which is pretty rare. For packs I get that are all the same cigar, I like to test out one a week to see how much better they get, the longer I let em stay in the humidor.
7nine

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.