Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

B-52 Brewing - Houston

30,414 Views | 394 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jock itch
jock itch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would love to do that. Let me see if we can figure something out.
dave99ag
AG
Matt @ Fielding's mentioned the family & friends opening this weekend. Glad to see that the rest of us can stop by soon.

Where all do you plan to have it on tap in the area?
Linz02Ag
AG
How will the tour be set up? Tasting glass and tokens for set price?
jock itch
quote:
Where all do you plan to have it on tap in the area?

Label approvals for the Pils and IPA actually just came in yesterday, so I'd expect to see the beer sometime next week. We're going to start with local places like Fieldings, Red Brick Tavern, Baker's St. in the Woodlands, etc...then immediately hit up the more craft-focused bars downtown like Hay Merchant, Flying Saucer, Ginger Man, etc. Where are you located and where would you like to see the beer?

quote:
How will the tour be set up? Tasting glass and tokens for set price?

We've debated back and forth, but yes we decided to go w/ the standard tour model for now since it's familiar to everyone. We have a 1/2 and full pint glass which will come w/ three fills. One cool advantage we do have with the brewpub license is we can sell growlers to go. We'll be selling our growlers, but feel free to bring your own to take some beer home!

[This message has been edited by jock itch (edited 5/7/2014 9:58a).]
dave99ag
AG
We're in the Woodlands and CS.

In the Woodlands, it'd probably be Fielding's and a new place on Rayford called Hop Scholar Ale House. Don't think they're quite open yet.

In CS I would think O'Bannon's and Blackwater would gladly serve B-52. Maybe Harvey Washbangers too.
jock itch
Cool thanks we'll have to check those out.

With that said, I'm about to look like a jackass. The investors want to move the opening day back a week to the 24th. So much for 90%+!
metrag06
AG
^ Excellent! That fits my schedule much better.
aggiejz
AG
Yep, the 24th means I can go as well. Excellent. Now I just need to find a DD...
redag06
Congrats on winning the beer festival!!---(I'm friends with the drink of ages, guys.)
Helicopter Ben

[This message has been edited by Helicopter Ben (edited 5/12/2014 4:05p).]
jock itch
Thanks! My brother and I were actually taking a break from the booth, and when we came back there was a 7 ft trophy waiting for us. We knew the Pils was a winner, but still pretty surreal to win best beer at our first fest! Just kegged off a bunch of it today, so expect to see it in retail accounts later this week!

[This message has been edited by jock itch (edited 5/12/2014 4:06p).]
HulkGrogan
OnlyForNow
AG
Let us know when it gets shipped to flying saucer, I can bring about 15 people to the SL location if you want to have a brewery night, not that it wouldn't be packed otherwise.
Idk3
AG
Congrats on the trophy. Has Fieldings rec'd a keg or 2 yet? They are right down the street from the office and would love to grab a pint. Also, Hubble & Hudson Kitchen which is directly in front of my office on Research would be a nice place for your brew to be on tap and me to consume it
TxKng82
AG
Hope to see some at Rockwell's in Cypress sometime soon!
Idk3
AG
Just talked with the people at Hubbel and Hudson Kitchen and they are wanting to figure out who to get in touch with. I was there twice today, and was talking to them about B-52 each time. Apparently, after my morning visit and discussion someone else came in after me asking about y'all.

khkman22
AG
Any chance you will be open for tours on Memorial Day?
aggiejz
AG
Is this still happening on Saturday? Any of y'all going? I haven't decided what exactly I want to do with my weekend yet, but definitely considering this.
bojangles86
Y'all still opening this weekend?
jock itch
Still going on!

Kegging up some of the Rye Saison this afternoon, so yall should get a sneak peak before it gets approved to send out to retail.

I honestly have no idea what the turn-out will be like so should be interesting. My brother does all the sales/marketing and blasted it out on FB, but my ass has been stuck in the brewhouse all week so I've been somewhat out of the loop.

Either way, hope to see yall out here!
Echoes97
AG
My home brew partner and I are trying to make it up for the opening on Saturday! Pics look awesome and congrats on the trophy!

Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
CDub06
AG
Well I guess I can make the trip over. Look forward to meeting some of y'all.

[This message has been edited by CDub06 (edited 5/22/2014 2:03p).]
OnlyForNow
AG
This isn't just for Aggies is it?
dave99ag
AG
It sounds like you've already talked to them, but we had dinner at The Refuge near the waterway. All Texas brews, so right down your alley. Hoping they stay open as it's near the house and good food too.
CDub06
AG
quote:
This isn't just for Aggies is it?

Considering jock is a t-sip, I doubt it.
jock itch
Hope yall don't hold it against me.

Looks like the weather's going to be perfect for some beer drinking today. Looking forward to meeting yall out here!
aggiejz
AG
Will be there after I stop in and try some Corkscrew BBQ.
La Fours
AG
A rye saison? Dammit. That sounds awesome. I wish I could make it out there.
Echoes97
AG
Rye Saison FTW! Tasty stuff. Anyone else out here?
javick82
AG
Out here. All beers are great.

Thanks to Jock for the brew and conversation.

Jason
kylewhitener
Thanks again Jock! The saison at 9.2% is amazing... Ill let you know how mine turns out... We shall be back!
aggiejz
AG
Really good stuff. Tasty beers and a great setup out there. Nice meeting ya there for a second at the end, jock.
CDub06
AG
Good stuff jock. Great setup y'all have
jock itch
Thanks for all the kind words and glad yall enjoyed the beers. Was good to finally meet you guys and hopefully yall make it back up soon!
BSD
AG
Just saw this as I was reading the news:

http://blog.chron.com/beertx/2014/05/b-52-brewing-is-open-for-business-in-conroe/?cmpid=hpfc#23706101=0

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.