Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,433,677 Views | 43177 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by ChoppinDs40
AlaskanAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beats me. I'm going to buy another regardless.
Tksymm7
AG
There's a tiny store near me that has an EC18 and he wants 300 for it. I'm not the biggest EC fan though.
AlaskanAg99
AG
When I put the ECBP out for the masses at my next poker game they'll appreciate it where I won't. Win-Win.
Ornithopter
AG
Tksymm7 said:

There's a tiny store near me that has an EC18 and he wants 300 for it. I'm not the biggest EC fan though.

EC 18 is like licking the barrel, and not in a good way.

I say that as someone who finds ECBP and store picks to be my favorite bourbons.
Farmer1906
AG
Highly disagree. EC18 is fantastic. The best "low proof" pour.

I've heard EC23 is not as good and more like what you're describing but I've never had it.
Ornithopter
AG
Could have just been the bottle I tried 3 years ago.

It was free, which is the best type of bourbon, but I felt like my buddy had wasted $300 to buy it
AgCzar
AG
Sounds like you got a bad Single Barrel. The two I've had were excellent. Yes, they were oaky but it wasn't too much at all. I think the KC18 is better though. Slightly less oak and just a fantastic pour.
Aggie Therapist
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

When I put the ECBP out for the masses at my next poker game they'll appreciate it where I won't. Win-Win.

Have you tried Maker's Mark? I'd recommend that and Noah's Mill for your guests at your next poker night.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Have you tried Maker's Mark? I'd recommend that and Noah's Mill for your guests at your next poker night.

You should dunk your head in a vat of hot wax.
suburban cowboy
AG
Any experience here at international duty free markets. Amsterdam, Paris, Athens, Dubai, specifically.

Looking for WT12, NCF Rare Breed or Jim Beam Lineage. Unsure if those are exported to just the Asian markets but also Europe.
ryeguy
You won't find WT12 at duty free. Those are Japan, South Korea, and Australia markets only. Lineage was duty free, but those were pulled back to the distillery during COVID. Highly unlikely you'll see those. Rare Breed NCFs and JD Sherry Single Malts are the only special American whiskey at duty free right now. WT Father and Son's also ran out well over a year ago at this point. Unlikely to see those as well.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I'd love a WT12. I've known several to go to Japan and bring back multiples but had to sell at 2ndary to offset their trip. So I get it. Couldn't pull the trigger but I'd do the same to cut my overall trip expenses.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Cracking her open next weekend with some good friends and family.

Shout out Rye Guy

Aggie Therapist
AG
***TexAgs New Riff Pick Bottle Release Party***

St. Patrick's Day Weekend
March 16th at 11AM @ Oak Liquor Cabinet in Austin
In-store tasting

Good Morning Ags. Wake up, pay your mules and BTHO USC and UGA!
Aggie Therapist
AG
Anyone know how to read Smoke Wagon's barrel numbering system. Are these bottle 51 and 70 from Barrel 39?

Obtained in two different cities.

Thanks
Tom Cardy
AG
That seems likely. Mine from BCS is 39-69
LPHA
AG
Are the proofs the same? 39-59 and 39-69 are different. I'd bet 39 is the row, or whatever they organize by
Aggie Therapist
AG
Oh snap. Just looked and the proofs are different!
AgCzar
AG
I'm planning a bourbon trail trip at the end of May. Any must-hit distilleries and tours?
Aggie Therapist
AG
AgCzar said:

I'm planning a bourbon trail trip at the end of May. Any must-hit distilleries and tours?

I feel like someone should make a separate thread and ask staff to have it stickied. One of you Kentucky experts.

Edit: I mean no disrespect or you asking that question. That question gets ask quite frequently here.
cena05
AG
Finally found ECBP, while visiting family down in Corpus.
wmitchell
AG
I just went in October. Downtown Louisville was awesome - Michters (random drops - Bottle Your Own, Shenks, bomberger, 10 year bourbon and 10 year rye all possible on random days and times). Old forester was great - a great tour too. I would get a reservation ahead of time at the rooftop bar at Michters!

Repeal is the steakhouse to eat at in downtown Louisville.

I loved Heaven Hill. Lately they've been release William Heaven Hill 17 and Parker heritage. I did the you do bourbon experience there - you get to bottle 1 of 4 of their bourbons and I did ECBP. Lots of my friends did Larcency BP - Bernheim and their select stock which rotates what that is - when I went it was a malt whiskey

We also hit Four Roses (single barrel barrel proof available), Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve and Castle and Key. Castle and Key is beautiful!! Another great stop is Whiskey Thief. We didn't do tours at all of them - some visit to see what was available and some to walk the grounds.

We did Luxe Row but only to check what was in stock and got a Rebel 10 and Blood Oath 9.

We didn't go to Bardstown for long outside of Luxe Row and Heaven Hill - I wish we had another day and spent more time there!
AgCzar
AG
I'm sure it does. I actually scrolled back quite a ways to check before asking. Some good notes on the Old Taylor tour at BT but that's all I saw.
AgCzar
AG
How many days did you do?
wmitchell
AG
We made a long weekend out of it with 2 full days. I would do 3 full days next time
SpiderDude
AG
AgCzar said:

I've toured or visited:
BT x 2
4R
HH x 2
Castle & Key (Old Taylor Distillery)
Beam x 2
Bardstown BC
Willett
Lux Row
New Riff

In Louisville:
OF
Michters

They all do a pretty good job at tours... Often they end with a tasting. BT does a great job making you feel special. Bardstown had an awesome tour... One of them Where they take you into the Rickhouse and let you thieve some barrels. It's the closest you'll come to experiencing a barrel pick without actually doing one.

4R was a pretty cool tour because their operation isn't super modernized (they use wooden vats for fermentation for example). Castle & Key (Old Taylor) probably had the most beautiful "campus". Their Bourbon sucks lol but it's worth going to take it all in. Beam and OF both have a very modern, interactive tour where you will be shown all aspects of their production process.

Willett has an excellent bar and restaurant and their on site Rickhouses are tiny compared to others which is interesting.

ChoppinDs40
AG
Whiskey thief.

Aggie Therapist
AG
Anyone else going to the Aggies/sips game Tuesday night?

I'll have a flask full of WT101 if anyone is looking to hit the leather and ride.

tripperwill
AG
I didn't like the whiskey, but the experience at whiskey thief was the best. Just laid back. The weather was perfect, which made everything that much more enjoyable sitting outside while sampling.
trouble
AG
Happy bottled in bond day, my fellow degenerates.

tremble
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Still working on that.

The 1792 Full Proof pick is a go! There's a six month turnaround for those bottles after the barrel pick though. More wait times for Kentucky product!

Wooooooooooooo doggy
HTownAg
AG
trouble said:

Happy bottled in bond day, my fellow degenerates.

Got that one Friday for my birthday. Quite impressed with it!

Enjoy!
trouble
AG
Mr picked it up recently. It was quite good.
Aggie Therapist
AG
How many pies are you bringing to Austin tomorrow?
trouble
AG
Zero. My middle turns 8 this week so I'm knee deep in party planning.
First Page Last Page
Page 1051 of 1234

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.