Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,433,668 Views | 43177 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by ChoppinDs40
Aggie Therapist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Congratulations.

LawHall88
AG
Naveronski
tu ag
AG
Garrison Brothers is too inconsistent a brand to have bottles priced as high as they are.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Is tripperwell, the Day Tripper?
bmc13
AG
yes, that's the daytripper
Shaggie 05
AG
Any DFW folks headed to whiskey riot this weekend? If so, swing by the Michter's booth and say hi. I'll be the bearded one trying to network with other distilleries for barrel opportunities when I'm not pouring and talking Michter's.
Avocado Toast
AG
Nice little Wednesday
Aggie Therapist
AG
That's pretty cool.

Did you become some type of Michter's ambassador or rep?
Sazerac
AG
You work for Michters's or …?
Tksymm7
AG
I just can't do the Sherry Cask finished whiskey's. I have a Middle West Spirts sheet cask finish that people rave about, and I just think it's too medicinal.
SydB92
AG
What time is the M10/M20/M25 vertical being poured ???
Avocado Toast
AG
I haven't tried it yet. Popped open the JD. Never had the chance to buy a blood oath so I grabbed it over an Elijah Craig 18
Tksymm7
AG
I think that's a good call honestly. I'd rather try something different and more unique than EC18.
Shaggie 05
AG
I'm the Dallas brand ambassador for Michter's.

I am also one of the Dallas guys for Pursuit United, who is producing some really good whiskey too. I started with Pursuit and was working a festival for them last year when I met the Michter's Texas rep and we hit it off. Been doing events and tastings since.
Shaggie 05
AG
We had m10 bourbon and rye for the vip hour of the last one I worked. Not sure what we'll have at this one. Working it with the Texas rep.
He did send me home with what was left of both when vip hour ended last time, so I can probably muster you up a pour when we trade New Riff.
HouseDivided06
AG
You have the life we all desire, sir. Wish I could go by this weekend but kids. They ruin everything.
HouseDivided06
AG
I personally didn't enjoy EC18 for the money. Maybe the oak mellows out, but man, I felt like I was chewing a barrel stave.
AgCzar
AG
Both the M10R and M10B are so dang good. I'm not a rye drinker and I can't get enough of that rye.
AgCzar
AG
Probably depends on the barrel being a SiB. Mine is perfect. Stopped just before it was too much oak, but it isn't drying like some oaky whiskeys. I prefer the KC18 though. More consistent being a batch product and slightly less oak.
Shaggie 05
AG
I actually prefer the barrel strength rye to the m10 rye. Gotta find some of the new release that's on its way. Was told today it should be in Texas in about 45 days.

So much flavor in all of their line up thanks to the super low barrel entry.
Naveronski
AG
New Riff pick folks, it's $$ time: https://texags.com/forums/67/topics/3431427/replies/67066284
Avocado Toast
AG
I got two as gifts since my daughter was born a month ago, one is gone lol. I enjoyed the oak. Reminded me of an old fitz 14 I had, only not as complex. The oak is definitely the forward flavor.
AgCzar
AG
I've had a sample of the M10R, the TBSR, and the barrel strength. I loved them all and want them all.
Tksymm7
AG
I know a small store near me that has a 10 year rye. I've never seen a barrel strength rye or a toasted barrel strength rye in the wild.
AgCzar
AG
I haven't seen the toasted or barrel strength either.
Shaggie 05
AG
I saw the toasted rye in two places when it was released. One was the Liquor King stores in north Dallas because they wanted too many points for them and luckily the store the Texas rep had hold me a bottle=. I don't have high expectation of seeing the barrel strength unless the same happens, unfortunately. But really hoping to get one because the barrel Michter's barrel proof rye is really good.
NorthTXAg08
AG
Nice man! I couldn't get away from work and heard they had been handing out tickets all day so figured it wasn't worth going.
AgCzar
AG
I've always liked the Michter's US1 bourbon, but these limited releases are insanely good. I want all of them.
trouble
AG
We just did a pick with Pursuit United locally.
Outdoorag011
I have a Michter barrel stength rye I would trade if you are interested. I believe it is a 2021
suburban cowboy
AG
I'll take it if Czar passes
CTGilley
AG
Shaggie 05 said:

I'm the Dallas brand ambassador for Michter's.

I am also one of the Dallas guys for Pursuit United, who is producing some really good whiskey too. I started with Pursuit and was working a festival for them last year when I met the Michter's Texas rep and we hit it off. Been doing events and tastings since.

I have never got a chance to sample anything other than their standard offerings.
AgCzar
AG
I appreciate it, but I'll pass for now. I'm going to see what I can get on my trip to Louisville.
Goodest Poster
AG
tu ag said:

Garrison Brothers is too inconsistent a brand to have bottles priced as high as they are.

Really nice people. But they have always sold the sizzle and given the steak for free.

For the Michters talk, 2018 Toasted Rye is on my mount Rushmore. Despite the bourbon version winning WWOTY in 2019, the 2018 rye is in a diff league...and Im not a rye guy. I think in Texas, Michters is a brand that still flies under the radar. Their 55 dollar American is better than 50%+ of the whiskey out there and at much higher prices.
Always the most goodest
First Page Last Page
Page 1052 of 1234

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.