Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,871,750 Views | 38738 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by wmitchell
CharlieBrown17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who picked the whistle pig? Tanish label or the newer reddish label?
Sazerac
AG
I'd buy the EHT, 1920s, and WTs (6 bottles) for $240 that's pretty close to retail I think. Would probably buy a couple others to help you out also.

Houston, right?
schwack schwack
AG
Interested in Bookers Beaten Biscuit, but where are you & how would I get it?

Thank you.
Buck Compton
AG
Sorry, should have said that. I'm in New Braunfels and could do FTF anywhere from NE San Antonio to South Austin. Will also be in College Station in two weeks (Apr 23-25). Could also ship, but I've never done that before.
Buck Compton
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Who picked the whistle pig? Tanish label or the newer reddish label?
Skips liquor. Tannish label.
Bunk Moreland
The EHT is crap. I will buy it for next to nothing. Here are your options:

You can re-sell the glass for scraps. You can throw it off a cliff. You can donate it to someone you'd like to see die of poisoning. Or... You can sell it to me and I'd use it probably to cook with.

You know what? You knock $15 off the price and I'll buy it now. It's gotta be now. Seal the deal. Let's do it. Let's do this thing. 3...2...1...5,4,3,2 now. Now. Now. Say it. Do it. Now. Do it now. Shake my hand. You will sell me this EHT - shake my hand!
AGBrewer512
Buck Compton said:

Sazerac said:

Just post. We will be fair.
I'll count on you all to be good Ags then and self-police each other. Seems like a lot of research to look up each one. I have a decent idea of what they're worth I think. Feel free to make an offer. Like I said, nothing too special.

I'm interested in the bookers beaten biscuits. It seems to be going between $129 and $349 on secondary. While I can't match the secondary on that one personally, I'm sure someone on here loves bookers and will likely give you a fair price on this one.

If you end up with no takers after a while and are still trying to unload it, drop me a line and I'll make an offer. No worries either way.

agbrewer512@gmail.com
MarathonAg12
Buck Compton said:

Sazerac said:

I'll count on you all to be good Ags then and self-police each other. Seems like a lot of research to look up each one. I have a decent idea of what they're worth I think. Feel free to make an offer. Like I said, nothing too special.

I'll come to you
MarathonAg12
Bulldog73 said:

I can't find it in my area of central Texas.

I have a few KC 12s

I'm in Central Texas too.

lazuras_dc
AG
I'd be interested in the Henry McKenna 10 and wouldn't mind doing a few other bottles EHT , OWA to make it worth it
Will be in SA first week of May. Not sure if you're trying to get secondary prices? Msrp or something fair in between ?
Email me
Lazurasdc at yahoo dot com
MarathonAg12
Bulldog73
AG
I emailed you.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Damn was hoping it was a specs pick of similar proof from a while back
MarathonAg12
My first Balcones bottle. Been putting it off for a while but decided I could use some Texas Rye in my life and it was a store pick. Man, there is some heat on this thing. Going to save this for the winter. Would I buy it again? Probably not. Anything else from Balcones I should try?

CTGilley
AG
Dude! How many bottles do you have now?
SpiderDude
AG
This board when someone posts their collection for sale...

SpiderDude
AG
CTGilley said:

Not enough.
SpiderDude
AG
I would kill for a bottle of the Balcones 4 grain Rye barrel pick at Moonshine. I've heard that was the only 4 grain Rye they ever did tho.
MarathonAg12
CTGilley said:

Quite a few. Saturday, I'm doing a little tour de Tejas for a few trades in Houston, College Station and Austin. I'll report back with the end results.
TikkaShooter
Never had bookers, so couldn't tell you. Sorry I'm no help there.
Buck Compton
AG
Glad everyone is interested. I'll reply to everyone and get emails out today in the order people expressed interest.
AGBrewer512
Anyone tried the Bakers 7 year Single Barrel 107 proof?

I've been eyeing it for quite some time now. Seen reviews online and they say it's good, but for some reason, I can't seem to find anyone who has actually tried it (except maybe the liquor store clerk that keeps trying to sell me everything they have overstock of). Plus at $60, that's a little high for just a 7 year old at 107 proof, even if it is a single barrel.

KC has a single barrel 9 year at 120 proof that is cheaper and folks on this site seem to think it is a great bourbon that is almost always on the shelf (until just recently due to glass shortages and them changing their bottle shape from what I hear). Given that KC and Bakers are both under the Beam label, it's a bit of a curious case.

Anyways, just looking to see if anyone had the Bakers and if they could give a clue what it's comparable to in taste and whether they thought it was worth it. Yes I know that it is a Single Barrel and every barrel is different, but if you've had it, any personal experience would be appreciated.
Naveronski
AG
Buck Compton said:

Sazerac said:

I see a lot of good stuff in there.
Bigfootisreal
Lineage is fantastic and at around $35 a bargain to boot.

HouseDivided06
AG
Yep I have had it. It's good, but not sure $60 good. For that money, I prefer quite a few other options. Not sure you would REGRET buying it at $60, but also not going to be one that blows you away, in my opinion. Priced at $45, I would be more on board. I would buy Rare Breed, OF 1910 and 1920, Belmeade Reserve, 4 Roses Small Batch Select and Single Barrel, 1792 Full Proof, Rossville Union Barrel Proof, and probably some others over it.
AGBrewer512
HouseDivided06 said:

Yep I have had it. It's good, but not sure $60 good. For that money, I prefer quite a few other options. Not sure you would REGRET buying it at $60, but also not going to be one that blows you away, in my opinion. Priced at $45, I would be more on board. I would buy Rare Breed, OF 1910 and 1920, Belmeade Reserve, 4 Roses Small Batch Select and Single Barrel, 1792 Full Proof, Rossville Union Barrel Proof, and probably some others over it.
Good to know. I've been wondering about it especially at the price point they have it. Just seems like an odd marketing move to do something like that when there are so many options that are lower in price and likely just as good if not better.
proc
AG
TikkaShooter said:

Since we are on KC, I'll offer my take.

9 is good

12 is fantastic

15 doesn't justify the cost over 12, IMO.

12 is absolutely where its at. And its on the shelf all the dang time.

Maybe my fav bottle of "I can buy this whenever" stuff.
Agree with these. KC 120 proof is somewhere between 12 and 15 for me, and the closest to what Booker's is like.

Booker's is greatness to me, probably my all time favorite "I can buy this whenever" whiskey. Every batch is a little different, so I buy them all. As usual, results may vary and people will not like it.

Imo, KC12 is the best out of all the KCs and the Booker's. I hope it is released annually.
betadawg1
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Quite a few. Saturday, I'm doing a little tour de Tejas for a few trades in Houston, College Station and Austin. I'll report back with the end results.

I'm in CS and always looking to trade.
MarathonAg12
betadawg1 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

I'm in CS and always looking to trade.

Ducks4brkfast
AG
Bookers is a great buy at Twin Liquor dollar days. AS $80/bottle, no. They do make a great OF.
betadawg1
AG
Sent
Bulldog73
AG
I wish they had dollar days again soon.
MW03
AG
Can someone break down for me the Elijah Craig bottles that are worth looking for in the wild?
Sazerac
AG
Toasted barrel and barrel proof are the only rare-ish ones I'm aware of in Texas.

They have a standard Rye that they sell in other states.
Sazerac
AG
I haven't had bakers in a very long time. And my tastes have changed since then. I'll probably pick one up for $5x next time I see it.
First Page Last Page
Page 615 of 1107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.