Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,871,097 Views | 38725 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by trouble
SpiderDude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I scored a Michter's Barrel Strength Rye yesterday as well as a Maker's FAE-01. I also bought some Ouzo and Greek Wine for Greek themed event we're hosting.
07fta07
AG
The FAE-01 is awesome. Gonna have to go find a back up bottle. I really liked the 2020 SE4xPR5 and I think the new one blows it away. Lots of fruit.
MarathonAg12
This should last me a full season of Aggie Football.
CloudRusty
That's quite a haul! Very nice
CloudRusty
That barrel strength rye

I hope to run into a couple soon
SpiderDude
AG
A couple?! I was ecstatic just to get ONE!!!
MarathonAg12
CloudRusty said:

That's quite a haul! Very nice

Thanks man. All MSRP. If you are willing to put in the time and effort, you'll find where the bottles are at.

I'm trying to locate or trade for a bottle of the EHT single barrel.
Pac1698
AG
I found a bottle of Bookers for $130, but I passed since I couldn't see paying more than msrp (don't want to upset the wife either ). Is that actually reasonable for the bottle? Thanks!
Farmer1906
AG
I like Bookers a lot, but I'll stick with <$100.
Sixdrakes
AG
What city did you find the MBSR in?
Sazerac
AG
I see Bookers all around Houston at $89
Sazerac
AG
I've personally seen EHT at retail once in the last year
MW03
AG
I've Bookers on the shelf at MSRP exactly once in the last year or so. It was a single bottle and I snapped it up. And it's delicious.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah I was in the same boat. I posted way back in the thread whatever I bought it at...I think $110 or so.

I really liked that batch and still have some left but going forward I will look to buy only under $100...and hopefully in the $80's
cc10106
Bardstown Bourbon Co.'s Mobile Tour is coming through Houston/Beaumont this weekend starting tomorrow and then Dallas next week.

Here's the link for anyone interested:
https://www.bardstownbourbon.com/mobile-tour/

I just traded for a Discovery Series 4 after trying their collab with The Prisoner Wine Co.
Pac1698
AG
Appreciate the feedback! I'll keep looking, that's half the fun for me.
AGBrewer512
Pac1698 said:

Appreciate the feedback! I'll keep looking, that's half the fun for me.
I see the Bookers Pig Skin batch in Central Texas area at Specs and TL for $89 pretty regularly. Not sure where you are at, but that is the price around here.
Pac1698
AG
Thank you! I'm in Sugar Land, but was in central Texas visiting family last weekend. Wife thought I was out of control for wanting to drop in on some of the spots out there. She was actually cool with it, but we ran out of time.
proc
AG
Sazerac said:

Saw some EHT SB at retail Saturday. Blew my mind.
Bourbon Junkie
proc said:

Sazerac said:

Saw some EHT SB at retail Saturday. Blew my mind.
Proc,

There's a standard 5-step process I'm gonna need you to follow the next time this happens:

1. Grab all EHT you see at retail (I don't care if you meant Small Batch or Single Barrel) and put them in a cart.
2. Proceed to checkout.
3. Drive home.
4. Post the quantities and specific bottles you bought here - https://texags.com/forums/67/topics/3129102.
5. Profit.

If that sounds like too much trouble, then just tell us where the **** you saw these.
CTGilley
AG
I saw 2 cased on the shelf last fall. I grabbed 1 BIL grabbed one. We came back 2 weeks later and grabbed another. I did ask on this thread if anyone was looking when I went back the 3rd week. I was able to get a bottle for 2 people and some HH bib and MK10.

I have been drinking EHT since it was released. Last year is the first time I found out it was allocated.
MarathonAg12
Great trading today in the Houston Area.

ECBP C920 and Blanton's I traded for and the Discovery 4 was a neat find at Specs. I asked the employee why there was no price for it and he handed me a bottle and said that is not supposed to be on the main floor. Took the rest off the shelf and put them in the manager's office....
Sazerac
AG
Cracked the KC12 I muled back from NJ couple weeks ago. I'm into high proof stuff but this 50% is a nice, smooth, well aged pour. Just a more refined version of the KC9. It's in the same class as other $50-$60 bottles like Belle Meade reserve and OF1920, but certainly has a different taste.

It's one of the few older aged bottles you can sometimes find before you get into the BTAC 17 and 18, which is unique. It has those same mellowed flavors which is hard to find. Recommend people give it a try for that reason, and I Will buy again, but not going to go out of my way to keep on the shelf.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Garage pours

AGBrewer512
Sazerac said:

Cracked the KC12 I muled back from NJ couple weeks ago. I'm into high proof stuff but this 50% is a nice, smooth, well aged pour. Just a more refined version of the KC9. It's in the same class as other $50-$60 bottles like Belle Meade reserve and OF1920, but certainly has a different taste.

It's one of the few older aged bottles you can sometimes find before you get into the BTAC 17 and 18, which is unique. It has those same mellowed flavors which is hard to find. Recommend people give it a try for that reason, and I Will buy again, but not going to go out of my way to keep on the shelf.
Saw a KC12 year here in Central Texas for around $70, is it worth that price?
CTGilley
AG
AGBrewer512 said:

Sazerac said:

I think that would be my max if I had never had one.
AGBrewer512
CTGilley said:

AGBrewer512 said:

Sazerac said:

I think that would be my max if I had never had one.

I picked up a KC 9 year single barrel 120 proof yesterday for $60. Seemed a bit high, but oh well, too late now.

Also found an ECBP A121 in the wild yesterday, had to give up $99 to get it...again, oh well, too late now.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Grabbed these yesterday

AGBrewer512
Ducks4brkfast said:

Grabbed these yesterday

That should last you at least a week or two!
Naveronski
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Grabbed these yesterday

What's the joke?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Lol no joke intended. We just got the barrel we picked last December.
Farmer1906
AG
Naveronski said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Grabbed these yesterday

What's the joke?
He just wanted to post a pic of his cock on the bottle. Sick.
proc
AG
AGBrewer512 said:

Sazerac said:

Yes. I'm still hunting for my third bottle. I love it that much.
AGBrewer512
proc said:

AGBrewer512 said:

Sazerac said:

Yes. I'm still hunting for my third bottle. I love it that much.

Found them at Avery Ranch Wine & Spirits in Central Texas. They had a Cask Strength Rye Single Barrel as well if I remember right it was around 10 years old. I was just mentioning to MarathonAg12 that those KC Rye Cask Strength seem to sit on the shelves for some reason. I'm not a Rye guy, so I typically pass up every Rye that I see. Even passed up a MWND a couple times...though I must admit that I regret it cause I could have used it in a trade for something that I like.
Naveronski
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Lol no joke intended. We just got the barrel we picked last December.

Oh! Okay
First Page Last Page
Page 606 of 1107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.