Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,857,664 Views | 38598 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ryeguy
proc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where at? They are already harder to find.
MarathonAg12
They have it at the liquor store on post.

Are you in Central, Texas?
SpiderDude
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Also, I can't say good enough things about KC9yr Special Reserve 120proof. In fact, it just hit the shelves again at one of my stores, has not been there in months. $44.99 is a bargain! Dare I say it may become harder and harder to find down the road?

AGBrewer512
MarathonAg12 said:

Thanks for the information gents. I've heard the same from a good friend. I guess essentially I could be hunting a dud, so I have to make sure I get the right year and barrel.

Also, I can't say good enough things about KC9yr Special Reserve 120proof. In fact, it just hit the shelves again at one of my stores, has not been there in months. $44.99 is a bargain! Dare I say it may become harder and harder to find down the road?
Haven't seen that KC in a while on the shelves here in Austin Area. Probably time to get one to see what all the fuss is about.
MarathonAg12
SpiderDude said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Hey Now! Just keep it in the Aggie Network.

Friday, I traded bottles all over Central Texas and they were all Aggies.

I'll say that it was definitely a good day for the Aggie Bourbon Community.
proc
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

They have it at the liquor store on post.

Are you in Central, Texas
North Texas, about 30 minutes South of Fort Worth.
SpiderDude
AG

MarathonAg12
You slob on that knob!
AGBrewer512
SpiderDude said:

Ok, now I'm jealous.
Bourbon Junkie
MarathonAg12 said:

What's everyone's opinion on EHT SiB?

I have three EHT SmB (two unopened) and quite enjoy it. Is the SiB worth letting go some store picks as trades? Is the EHT SiB juice worth the squeeze on some scarce Weller?

The standard deviation on SiB is roughly equivalent to that of a box of chocolates.
MarathonAg12
Found another ECBP C920. Going to sacrifice a EHT SmB (paid $38) and a Henry McKenna 10 (have to many) for it.

Deciding if I want actually keep it this time and see what the hype is about.
Sazerac
AG
For my tastes it's my favorite bottle of something that isn't impossible to find / crazy on secondary. I place it right ahead of Stagg Jr.
CTGilley
AG
I thought I agreed with you completely but I have been putting C920 against B13 and Stagg kicks the crap out of it every time(8 for 8). So, I have to say it is my second favorite.
AGBrewer512
Sazerac said:

For my tastes it's my favorite bottle of something that isn't impossible to find / crazy on secondary. I place it right ahead of Stagg Jr.
I'm with Gilley. If you have a Stagg Jr. and want to trade it for my ECBP C920, I'd happily do that trade.
Sazerac
AG
I still like Stagg Jr quite a bit. I drink plenty of different things.
CTGilley
AG
I have heard a number of people anecdotally put B15 over GTS2020 and C920 over B14 and B15. I have not had the pleasure of having the the 2020 Staggs.

All I can speak on is C920 and B520 vs B13. Blind it is not even close.

Common comment is "Well this one is obviously the best."
AGBrewer512
Had some Old Foresters 1920 last night. Man that stuff is really good!

Anyone had the 1910? Been thinking about getting it since my 1920 is just about empty.
CactusThomas
AG
Stick to '20. Just my opinion.
Sazerac
AG
1920 and Barrel are the only OF I like. Haven't had the birthday / allocated offerings.
CTGilley
AG
AGBrewer512 said:

Anyone had the 1910? Been thinking about getting it since my 1920 is just about empty.
I think 1920 is the best but I think the whole series is worth trying. 1910 is more like WRDO and the BIB is good also.
HouseDivided06
AG
I love the 1910 as much or more than the 1920 but it's definitely different. A little sweeter and some chocolate and caramel notes in there to me. I love it for a change of pace.
Shaggie 05
AG
I've got a few neighbors that get together on Tuesday nights to drink whiskey. Last week and this week we did an old forester tasting. Statesman, 1870, 1897, 1910, and 1920. Last week we just drank and tried, this week we tasted blind.

The statesman was the highest rated last week amongst the group. I hadn't had it since it came out, but really enjoyed it and had it tied with 1910, behind 1920.

However, last night in the blind tasting, 1920 was the clear winner. It surprised me a bit because most of the group doesn't love high proof yet. Statesman came in second but it was very close with the 1910.
mazag08
AG
Statesman is highly underrated.
andrewch783
AG
AGBrewer512 said:

1910 is worth it. Fills a different niche than the 1920 though. 1910 is dessert in a glass.
Cyprian
AG
Shaggie 05 said:

I've got a few neighbors that get together on Tuesday nights to drink whiskey. Last week and this week we did an old forester tasting. Statesman, 1870, 1897, 1910, and 1920.
I love 1910 and 1920 - but, slight edge to 1920 at the end.

I'd like to hear more about 1870 and 1897 from anyone. I eye ball them at times, but am usually going for something else at the end. 1910/1920 came highly recommended, so I tried those out, but I never ventured past those two in their lineup.

-------------
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
Bourbon Junkie
Good news - Saw an 18 Year Marriage, 2 of the Sazerac 18 & 3 of the Eagle Rare 17 in the wild today.

Bad news - Prices were $5,000/$2,500/$1,750.

Ended up with a Bardstown Discovery 4 for $110 which I haven't tried yet but every review I've read just gushes about it.

Ducks4brkfast
AG
Damn. Time to unload some 18 Year Marriage.
John Francis Donaghy
$5,000 is a damn good deal to unload an 18 year marriage. Most guys pay a hell of a lot more than that.
AGBrewer512
Bourbon Junkie said:

Good news - Saw an 18 Year Marriage, 2 of the Sazerac 18 & 3 of the Eagle Rare 17 in the wild today.

Bad news - Prices were $5,000/$2,500/$1,750.

Ended up with a Bardstown Discovery 4 for $110 which I haven't tried yet but every review I've read just gushes about it.

Have heard good stuff about the D4 too, but only from articles or YouTube channels just like you.

Wonder if anyone on this site has tried it...
07fta07
AG
Discovery 4 is fantastic. Just grabbed one today as well.
stroodles
AG
where are yall finding the discovery series? I'd love to try one, but have never seen one (or at least close to retail).
CloudRusty
Goody goody on woodway has or had some
MarathonAg12
Central Texas was good to me today.

EHT SMB, $39.99
ER10, $39.99
Henry McKenna 10, $36.99

Best $40 bourbons out there. The secondary market for SMB blows my mind and the the fact that ER and SMB is the same MSRP is even crazier.
CTGilley
AG
What is the secondary on EHT SmB? I normally find it for ~$45 and ER for ~$30

Edit: those are god prices you got. I am not saying they are not.
MarathonAg12
CTGilley said:

What is the secondary on EHT SmB? I normally find it for ~$45 and ER for ~$30

Edit: those are god prices you got. I am not saying they are not.

I can't find it for under $39 on the shelves where I have looked. Good on you if you can.

Secondary for SmB is $80 to $135
First Page Last Page
Page 605 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.