Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,856,396 Views | 38579 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by MediAg13
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's a dirty bird
Sazerac
AG
The KC Cask Rye is fantastic if you like high proof. It's a decent replacement for THH which you will be lucky to get more than a few bottles of in your life.
schwack schwack
AG
Anybody know anything about the Old Weller Antique 2019 Texas Pick? Is it good? Price?

edit:
I found this online. It seems to be the one I'm asking about. I haven't seen it to confirm, but was at an event last week & ran into my local "dealer" and he mentioned he had one put back. We are not generally Weller drinkers, but....

Quote:

"This particular Harlen Wheatley selection for Texas is a bit of a mystery. It hit a variety of independent retailers last year but no one was sure who it was originally for or why it was being split between shops."

AGBrewer512
schwack schwack said:

Anybody know anything about the Old Weller Antique 2019 Texas Pick? Is it good? Price?

edit:
I found this online. It seems to be the one I'm asking about. I haven't seen it to confirm, but was at an event last week & ran into my local "dealer" and he mentioned he had one put back. We are not generally Weller drinkers, but....

Quote:

"This particular Harlen Wheatley selection for Texas is a bit of a mystery. It hit a variety of independent retailers last year but no one was sure who it was originally for or why it was being split between shops."

I got a Single Barrel Weller Antique 107 last year, but not sure if it was a 2020 or 2019 bottle. It was good, would probably pay $70 for another one. That's just my opinion.
Pac1698
AG
Just found a bottle of smoke wagon, but I'm having trouble pulling the trigger. Is it worth the $70 price tag?
Chipotlemonger
AG
There was a pretty extensive review of it a few pages back if I remember right. Do you like peated scotch at all? You'll like it then I bet.
07fta07
AG
Uncut Unfiltered? Yes.
Pac1698
AG
Yep, it's that bottle. Thank you!
CypressAg13
AG
Mind sharing where you found it? Been wanting to grab a bottle but have yet to find it anywhere.
Pac1698
AG
It's at the specs off of the grand parkway and Harlem road (I believe it's in Richmond, but might still be Sugar Land). They had 1 bottle left.
Farmer1906
AG
Hell to the no from me.
howdyags12!
AG
I picked up a bottle of Smoke Wagon uncut unfiltered yesterday at Specs off hwy 6 and clay road and I find it very tasty and well worth the $72ish all in price.
SpiderDude
AG
HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WHISKEY DAY BOURBON PEEPS!!!!!!! It doesn't always fall on a Saturday so enjoy!!!
Sazerac
AG
Is that an ER17?
tlfw378
SpiderDude
AG
I wish!!!... no. The only BTAC I've got is THH Saz.
AGBrewer512
Anyone had the 2020 Special Release of the Jack Daniels Barrel Proof Single Barrel Rye?

What are your thoughts on flavor and max price tag for purchase?
SnyderAg02
Incredible. I paid $100 and would've paid up to $150.
AGBrewer512
SnyderAg02 said:

Incredible. I paid $100 and would've paid up to $150.
Good to know that it's a decent whisky. Seen it between $239 - $399 online, so at $100, you did good. I picked one up at a store in Dallas a couple weeks ago. I'm not a Rye fan, but I thought that since I loved the SBBP version so much, this one would likely be something special. Also, given the "Special Release" attached to it and the fact that this was the first of it's kind (that I know of), I thought why the hell not. Worse case scenario, I could always use it in a trade or sit on it until my kids are older and we can sip a dram of it and reminisce about the year that COVID hit.
SnyderAg02
I think you'd be happy either way. To me it's very unique and drinks very smooth despite the high proof. I'm going to make it last as long as possible.
cc10106
Delicious. I traded a Blanton's and EHT Small Batch for one with zero regret, but it was a big ISO of mine.
AGBrewer512
cc10106 said:

Delicious. I traded a Blanton's and EHT Small Batch for one with zero regret, but it was a big ISO of mine.
So since you are obviously a Rye fan, what exactly was it about it that you thought "man...that is awesome"?

Just trying to understand flavor profile before I decide to drink it / store it / trade it.
aggielostinETX
AG
Did a sampling last night.

Little Book
THH
GTS
10 yr RVW
15 yr PVW
McKenna Rye
Dickle sourced SOAS

15 yr RVW was the crowd favorite
Little Book way underwhelmed
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Aggie Hunter
AG
Speaking of Blanton's I'm celebrating a great weekend.

AGBrewer512
AggieLostinDallas said:

Did a sampling last night.

Little Book
THH
GTS
10 yr RVW
15 yr PVW
McKenna Rye
Dickle sourced SOAS

15 yr RVW was the crowd favorite
Little Book way underwhelmed
Which little book was it?
cc10106
AGBrewer512 said:

cc10106 said:

So since you are obviously a Rye fan, what exactly was it about it that you thought "man...that is awesome"?

Just trying to understand flavor profile before I decide to drink it / store it / trade it.
Best nose on a whiskey i've had or own and quite viscous. It's a sweeter rye with chocolate being the main note for me with the spice following but not dominant. I'll pop the bottle just to smell it. Easy sipper especially for the proof. Mine is 132.2 proof, but there are atleast a handful of barrels out there if I'm not mistaken.

Avocado Toast
AG
Beaver creek for the last weekend of skiing this year.
MarathonAg12
I honestly didn't realize how popular Discovery Series 4 is. The reviews from bourbon junkies and ADHD Whiskey give it amazing ratings. Not to mention some of the trades people have offered me for it.

I think I'm going to hold on to it rather than trade it away. The blends look amazing at 13yr,15yr and 10yr and all from Kentucky.
Bourbon Junkie
MarathonAg12 said:

I honestly didn't realize how popular Discovery Series 4 is. The reviews from bourbon junkies and ADHD Whiskey give it amazing ratings. Not to mention some of the trades people have offered me for it.

I think I'm going to hold on to it rather than trade it away. The blends look amazing at 13yr,15yr and 10yr and all from Kentucky.

In Dallas and have a couple extra Bardstown Discovery 4 to trade away.

ISO - W12, Stagg Jr and maybe EHT SiB

email is tatum75204@yahoo.com

MarathonAg12
Bourbon Junkie said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Literally what I'm looking for haha

I have an ECBP C920 to sweeten the deal
FTAco07
AG
I'll trade a W12 for one. Also located in Dallas.
Bourbon Junkie
FTAco07 said:

I'll trade a W12 for one. Also located in Dallas.

Sounds good

Email me and let's get the details figured out - tatum75204@yahoo.com
Bourbon Junkie
MarathonAg12 said:

Bourbon Junkie said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Literally what I'm looking for haha

I have an ECBP C920 to sweeten the deal

MarathonAg12
Is Stagg Jr. for MWND (Act 8, Scene 2) a good trade?

1:1
Wheatables02
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Is Stagg Jr. for MWND (Act 8, Scene 2) a good trade?

1:1
it's pretty equal in value
First Page Last Page
Page 607 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.