Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,871,437 Views | 38732 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by SpiderDude
MarathonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sounds gimmicky. But to each other own.

Naveronski
AG
CTGilley said:

One in Cabernet barrel is really good also.
I'd try that, but I really enjoy wine, too.
AGBrewer512
6.5 Swede said:

New selection recommended by my son who's tried over 380 Whiskeys at work.. Which one should I try first and finish with?
Except the Scotch. Already had that and it's fantastic!

Very curious about the Treaty Oak. Let me know what you think about that one.
6.5 Swede
This is the son replying; In my opinion the Treaty oak has a really sweet node, good amount of oak but not super over powering, it does have a little warmth to it. I like to say it's a cheaper version of Garrison Brothers Balmorhea. They seem to share a lot of the same features just that Balmorhea seems to be refined more. Giving it a smooth bite when sipping on it.
MarathonAg12
CTGilley said:

AGBrewer512 said:

CTGilley said:

I like both. JDSBBP is much harder to find for me. WT RB is always in my house.

JDSBBP is typically available at either TL or Specs in CP or RR. At least that is what I have seen. If I see another one, I can give you a heads up on location if you would like.
That would be great. I have never seen the BP in TL. RR is right down the road. I am normally not looking for it though. I picked up the OLC store pick and it really surprised me.

Good enough I will pick up a back up and maybe the regular SB if I am out. I picked up the Eric Church to trade but but now I think I will open it.

What's your email?
proc
AG
Aggie Hunter said:

The story behind it is very interesting. The most traveled bourbon on the planet.

I think mine was voyage 20, but I am by no means an expert on each batch.
CTGilley
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

CTGilley said:

AGBrewer512 said:

CTGilley said:

JDSBBP is typically available at either TL or Specs in CP or RR. At least that is what I have seen. If I see another one, I can give you a heads up on location if you would like.
That would be great. I have never seen the BP in TL. RR is right down the road. I am normally not looking for it though. I picked up the OLC store pick and it really surprised me.

Good enough I will pick up a back up and maybe the regular SB if I am out. I picked up the Eric Church to trade but but now I think I will open it.

What's your email?

Ctgilley 10 at Gmail
I will pay cash unless you want a EHT SmB
giddings_ag_06
AG
AGBrewer512 said:

6.5 Swede said:

New selection recommended by my son who's tried over 380 Whiskeys at work.. Which one should I try first and finish with?
Except the Scotch. Already had that and it's fantastic!

Very curious about the Treaty Oak. Let me know what you think about that one.
I got a bottle of that Treaty Oak in a raffle and loved it. I'm by no means a whiskey/bourbon pro, but it had great flavor and I really liked it. It's expensive though here locally and I'm a bigger fan of that Woodford Double Oaked (about to pour one up at 6am for my birthday after I finish this night shift). Definitely has a more unique flavor that I can't compare to anything else I've had.
Naveronski
AG
One thing I don't miss about working nights:
Come home after work, have a drink.
So what if it's 6am?
MarathonAg12
CTGilley said:

MarathonAg12 said:

CTGilley said:

AGBrewer512 said:

CTGilley said:

What's your email?

Ctgilley 10 at Gmail
I will pay cash unless you want a EHT SmB
Email sent.

Thanks, I will take you up on that offer.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Just got a taterriffic New Riff SiB from a a charity pick, the hat is 3D printed and fits on the cork

CTGilley
AG
trouble
AG
That's awesome
MarathonAg12
CTGilley said:

Didnt get an email CTGilley10 at gmail
Yah, I didn't see the 10 lol I just got an email from Cliff Gilley saying "I think you have the wrong e-mail".

Anyways, I just picked up your bottle! I'll send another email.
lazuras_dc
AG
Got a wild hair on Saturday

Bunk Moreland
what'd they charge for a pour?
Icecream_Ag
S
That's a $40 wild hair at the bar by me
07fta07
AG
I got one of those too
lazuras_dc
AG
$40 exactly

They had rock hill farms for like $16
I'll try that next time. For me I get to try and and keeps me from having to hunt for these bottles or spending hundreds. So I think it's a good investment lol
htxag09
AG
Lol. Earlier this month the wife and I went to dinner than a whiskey bar for my birthday. It was our first night out since having our first kid. At the whiskey bar I told her I wanted a glass of eagle rare and my limit was $40. I asked the waitress how much......$75. Lmao
SweaterVest
AG
htxag09 said:

Lol. Earlier this month the wife and I went to dinner than a whiskey bar for my birthday. It was our first night out since having our first kid. At the whiskey bar I told her I wanted a glass of eagle rare and my limit was $40. I asked the waitress how much......$75. Lmao

Surely she meant ER17. Still high but not surprisingly high.
htxag09
AG
ER17 is what I'm referring to. Maybe I'm disconnected but that was you're out of your damn mind high to me.
lazuras_dc
AG
Yeah... that would be a pass for me.

How do certain bars/restaurants get these bottles, I assume they have buyers but are they just more connected or willing to pay more for these over other similar tier restaurants?
Sazerac
AG
Prioritized by distributor due to total spend
SweaterVest
AG
htxag09 said:

ER17 is what I'm referring to. Maybe I'm disconnected but that was you're out of your damn mind high to me.

Ah very well. I wouldn't pay that either man, but ER17 is a bit more coveted than GTS and is typically produced at a lower bottle count and hence, a bit pricier.
htxag09
AG
Yeah. It's my favorite pour. I found a bottle for retail, $70, about 6 years ago I've been milking. Drank the last of it after that night
Sazerac
AG
Er17 is the tastiest 90 proof I've had
AGBrewer512
lazuras_dc said:

$40 exactly

They had rock hill farms for like $16
I'll try that next time. For me I get to try and and keeps me from having to hunt for these bottles or spending hundreds. So I think it's a good investment lol

I was fortunate enough to get a bottle of Rock Hill Farms last year ($70 with tax). Gotta say, I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. To me, it wasn't that good. Don't think it's worth more than about $40. Still have a 3/4 full bottle in the bourbon vault that I'll probably just keep around for folks that are hunting it and want to try it when they come over. That seems to be the norm for most of those hard to find bottles for me. OWA 107, Weller 12, and ER are all good, but not worth the crazy prices or the hunt.

I was able to get a dram of Old Rip Van Winkle at the bar a while back and that was a very good pour. Paid about $30-$35 for it. I would pay $100 (that's $30 over MSRP) all day long on that one. Great whiskey in my opinion. Sometimes they are worth a little extra, but never secondary prices...IMO.

Lastly, if you are ever in the Austin area, let me know. I'd be willing to bring you a sample of the RHF just so you can try it without having to pay $16.
anonymousAg05
AG
Got a bottle of RHF around 4ish years ago for MSRP before it became a unicorn. It didn't blow me away so I do not get the hype at all. Of course Buffalo Trace is a behind the counter item nowadays so logic is out the window.
MarathonAg12
Yeah, my specs puts Sazerac in the glass case lol
lazuras_dc
AG
Appreciate it! Yeah that's been my feeling w/ everything from OFBB and GTS etc. It's really good stuff but no way in hell worth secondary.
John Francis Donaghy
Managed to get something in the Total Wine lottery this year. Awesome! I finally got picked for something!

Opened the email. It's Blantons. Lame.
CactusThomas
AG
Total Wine
proc
AG
CactusThomas said:

Total Wine

Lucky Buster!
John Francis Donaghy
Wanna trade emails?
First Page Last Page
Page 593 of 1107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.