Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,864,428 Views | 38666 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by trouble
Sazerac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got shut out once again!
PearlandAg09
AG
Awesome ! Received my email also, however it started with "unfortunately"......
trouble
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

Wanna trade emails?
CactusThomas
AG

Wanna trade emails?
Thanks, I'm going to decline.

But this does feel like a trick question -- did you get the 23 year?
lazuras_dc
AG
CactusThomas said:

Total Wine

Selling or keeping ?
CactusThomas
AG
Not sure yet. I usually sell these but thinking about drinking it or trading it for something I'm more interested in. I would like to open a nice bottle in April for a special occasion.
John Francis Donaghy
CactusThomas said:

Wanna trade emails?
Thanks, I'm going to decline.

But this does feel like a trick question -- did you get the 23 year?

No trick. I posted my email results right before you posted yours. I'll be the proud owner of the prettiest horsey-topped mediocre bourbon on the planet. Well, if I bother to go get it anyway.
MarathonAg12
There's a bottle of Widow Jane 10 year at a mom and pop shop. 750ml......I've seen these on Facebook. Worth the $69?
aglaw2011
AG
CactusThomas said:

Not sure yet. I usually sell these but thinking about drinking it or trading it for something I'm more interested in. I would like to open a nice bottle in April for a special occasion.
Just posted an ISO for GTS in the trading thread. Let me know if any of my FT interests you. Congrats!
MarathonAg12
Just picked up a bottle of A Midwinter Nights Dram. Act 8, scene 2. And a bottle of Michters Sour Mash.

Looking forward to the pour!
Sazerac
AG
MWND is delicious. Retail?
betadawg1
AG
Anyone in the College Station area interested in an Elijah Craig Rye? Saw a couple at a nearby store on my business trip. I can mule a couple back if they are still available. Looks to be about $35 retail after taxes. Need to know by about 1930 CST tonight.
AgInSingapore
AG
Same here with the Blanton's. I figure there is no rhyme or reason as to how their algorithm selects the winner in the drawing as my point total in 2020 was on the verge of alcoholism indications. Not complaining, happy to get something for no reason other than buying whisk(e)y and wine.
LPHA
AG
That specific MWND is magical. I had a pour of it whenever my friends and I did that ridiculous tasting a couple months ago
MW03
AG
I really like the Booker's 2020-03 "pigskin" batch. Butterscotch and orange peel on the nose, and a delicious peanut brittle first taste with a long and spicy cinnamon finish. I usually drink it neat, but this really opens up on the rocks. Enjoying this one immensely. Reminds me of a rye winter old fashioned.
Cyprian
AG

Managed to get something in the Total Wine lottery this year. Awesome! I finally got picked for something!

Opened the email. It's Blantons. Lame.

Ha, same here, I'll take it but Yea

-------------
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
wessimo
AG
How do you get in on the lotto? Just spend a certain amount of money with your rewards account?
CharlieBrown17
AG
wessimo said:

How do you get in on the lotto? Just spend a certain amount of money with your rewards account?

Need 25K in points.

System is pretty cheatable if you drink wine/go to dinners and parties where you can bring a bottle of wine. Total does 5x points on direct to them wine a couple times a year
Cyprian
AG
Yea, got to spend money. You can game the system a bit with their promos as mentioned above.

-------------
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
Sazerac
AG
Didn't know EC made a Rye. Never seen it in Houston. Hope I do.
MarathonAg12
Sazerac said:

$160. I decided to treat myself as I was in a good mood. Good day at work, relaxing drive to meet up with AgBrewer (awesome Ag who has a wide knowledge base of all things bourbon and very helpful). I stumbled upon some bottles I've never seen on the shelves in my area. Looking forward to some great pours and good bourbon.
betadawg1
AG
Sazerac said:

Didn't know EC made a Rye. Never seen it in Houston. Hope I do.

It's not released in Texas. Send me a PM.
lazuras_dc
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Sazerac said:

$160. I decided to treat myself as I was in a good mood. Good day at work, relaxing drive to meet up with AgBrewer (awesome Ag who has a wide knowledge base of all things bourbon and very helpful). I stumbled upon some bottles I've never seen on the shelves in my area. Looking forward to some great pours and good bourbon.

Just bought one at similar price point. MWND is one that I tried at a bar and decided I would pay secondary for
Daytona22
AG
No luck in the TW drawing for me this year... sad email to open!
MarathonAg12
lazuras_dc said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Sazerac said:

Just bought one at similar price point. MWND is one that I tried at a bar and decided I would pay secondary for

That's great to hear. Sounds like I invested in some good juice. Who knows when I will see it at a liquor store again.
FTAco07
AG
Would be really curious if the drawing is random or somehow based on total number of points. I'm open to trades for this one.
Naveronski
AG
FTAco07 said:

Would be really curious if the drawing is random or somehow based on total number of points. I'm open to trades for this one.

Holy **** you lucked out.

FTAco07
AG
I also spend entirely too much money at Total Wine
Sazerac
AG
My understanding is it's random.
62strat
AG
Makes me chuckle to see we're entering raffles to try and win the opportunity to pay for a $35 bourbon.
proc
AG
62strat said:

Makes me chuckle to see we're entering raffles to try and win the opportunity to pay for a $35 bourbon.
In all fairness, you are never going to find that in the wild, and definitely not for $35.
Naveronski
AG
FTAco07 said:

I also spend entirely too much money at Total Wine

Fair enough.

You are going to go buy it, right?
FTAco07
AG
Of course I'm going to buy it. It will likely be trade bait or something for guests to try/enjoy since I honestly don't care much for W12.
wessimo
AG
FTAco07 said:

I'll trade you for a couple bottles of OGD114.
proc
AG
FTAco07 said:

Of course I'm going to buy it. It will likely be trade bait or something for guests to try/enjoy since I honestly don't care much for W12.
What bottle are you looking for?
First Page Last Page
Page 594 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.