Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,869,510 Views | 38699 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Science Denier
MarathonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
'Twas a good day

Two handles of Weller
Two bottles of Buffalo Trace

Central Texas restock
FTAco07
AG
I was just at total wine and asked a manager. They said they think it will be Feb 17 and will do a quarterly "drawing" for Blantons going forward. I can't vouch for accuracy but that was from the horse's mouth 30 minutes ago.
William Larue Weller
AG
FTAco07 said:

I was just at total wine and asked a manager. They said they think it will be Feb 17 and will do a quarterly "drawing" for Blantons going forward. I can't vouch for accuracy but that was from the horse's mouth 30 minutes ago.
Total Wine employees blatantly lie to customer's faces on a regular basis. I think it's in their job descriptions. I would not take anything they say as accurate to be frank.
PearlandAg09
AG
Interesting. Wonder if that is exclusive to grand reserve or any members? I could see doing it that way or randomly putting it out with limit one, personally. Seems as though TW has taken multiple approaches to allocated as of late. Curious to see what sticks and if it's disclosed publicly.
FTAco07
AG
She said it's for grand reserve
Goodest Poster
AG
Gunner33 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

MW03 said:

Found a Booker's 2020-03 and an Eagle Rare on the shelf in Salado at MSRP. Little place called Vintage Spirits that was unassuming from the outside, but had a good selection and prices inside. Passed on a MWND for $215, though. Regretting that a little.

Pretty sure that's well above secondary if you're hankering for one.

Yep. You can get it for $150 - $160 on secondary markets

Yep, just walk on down to the secondary markets and take your pick. Its that easy.
Some of you people are hilarious.
Sazerac
AG
Lost my grand reserve for this year, but still got in for another/last BTAC raffle.
Bourbon Junkie
Anyone ever heard of an app called Bourbon Analytics?

Supposedly it helps you find your favorites wherever you live.
CTGilley
AG
I have a couple guys here I trust. One is the barrel master for the area. They had a big fight over Blanton's that put someone in the hospital. Stabbed? Said Blanton's would not be on the shelf again and grand reserve drawing was the likely solution. Not sure if everywhere or just central Texas.
Gunner33
jftx04 said:

Gunner33 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

MW03 said:

Found a Booker's 2020-03 and an Eagle Rare on the shelf in Salado at MSRP. Little place called Vintage Spirits that was unassuming from the outside, but had a good selection and prices inside. Passed on a MWND for $215, though. Regretting that a little.

Yep, just walk on down to the secondary markets and take your pick. Its that easy.

It was just a response to him paying over $200 for a bottle. Some of you people are hilarious.
Goodest Poster
AG
CTGilley said:

I have a couple guys here I trust. One is the barrel master for the area. They had a big fight over Blanton's that put someone in the hospital. Stabbed? Said Blanton's would not be on the shelf again and grand reserve drawing was the likely solution. Not sure if everywhere or just central Texas.

I heard similar story as well.
AGBrewer512
jftx04 said:

CTGilley said:

I heard similar story as well.

Stabbed for Blanton's??? That's just crazy man.
William Larue Weller
AG
CTGilley said:

That's fortunate, then. The total wines in DFW are all filled with dishonest employees peddling swill like Chesnut Farms as their "recommendations."
MarathonAg12
CTGilley said:

Gilley,

What is "barrel master for the area" mean?

Bourbon Mafia?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Gunner33 said:

jftx04 said:

Gunner33 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

MW03 said:

It was just a response to him paying over $200 for a bottle. Some of you people are hilarious.

Yeah it's a real shame some of us don't mind saving someone 60 bucks on something they want
AGBrewer512

Larceny Barrel Proof A121, not really digging it.

Anyone else finding it to be flat?

I can tell it would be a good whisky if it was aged a bit longer, but as is, it's just nothing special. If you add in the fact it's almost impossible to find and it's MSRP is $50 (I paid $65), I'm probably not going to get another bottle.

I know that I just opened the bottle last night, so I've got to give it a chance. And, it is batched, so every batch will be different. Just kinda seems harsh and lacking depth. I let it open up in the glass for about 10 minutes after my first sip and while it did improve, it still wasn't "good".

Perhaps it was the whole neck pour thing. Time will tell.
SpiderDude
AG
CTGilley said:

Yes, this (fight) was at the Arboretum TW I believe.
CTGilley
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

CTGilley said:

Gilley,

What is "barrel master for the area" mean?

Bourbon Mafia?
Pretty much. He is in charge of all the store picks for Austin and San Antonio stores.
CTGilley
AG
Trump 2020 said:

CTGilley said:

That's fortunate, then. The total wines in DFW are all filled with dishonest employees peddling swill like Chesnut Farms as their "recommendations."
They guy working the Whiskey area will tell you if it is trash or if he has never tried it. He never really pushes anything just answers questions. Some of the others will push the "featured product" they were big on Sweat Heart for a while but whatever it is they are pushing they will always let you try first. If they have a case of something they will open a bottle and store picks are always fair game.
Goodest Poster
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Gunner33 said:

jftx04 said:

Gunner33 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

MW03 said:

Yeah it's a real shame some of us don't mind saving someone 60 bucks on something they want

Is it really "saving 60 bux" if you end up driving to 6 more places, spending 2 hours all in hopes of saving 60 bux? I hate to be the guy, but there are a lot of us on this board that would gladly pay middle of the road secondary prices because of time factor alone. If someone likes something, they determine what its worth. And just because someone has "seen it" at a price, doesnt means it is a universal truth.

I've been drinking bourbon about as long as some of you have been alive. And there are guys here that have been at it longer than me. LOOONG before the allocated craze.

So while you think you are doing your fellow Ag a favor by emploring him to save 60 bux, you're really coming across as passive aggressively trying to dictate a market price in hopes that it becomes true. If the man wants to drink something, let him pay whatever is reasonable to him.

TLDR:
Some of us dont care about price as much as we care about wasting our time in finding harder to reach Bourbons.
CTGilley
AG
jftx04 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Gunner33 said:

jftx04 said:

Gunner33 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

MW03 said:

Is it really "saving 60 bux" if you end up driving to 6 more places, spending 2 hours all in hopes of saving 60 bux? I hate to be the guy, but there are a lot of us on this board that would gladly pay middle of the road secondary prices because of time factor alone. If someone likes something, they determine what its worth. And just because someone has "seen it" at a price, doesnt means it is a universal truth.

I've been drinking bourbon about as long as some of you have been alive. And there are guys here that have been at it longer than me. LOOONG before the allocated craze.

So while you think you are doing your fellow Ag a favor by emploring him to save 60 bux, you're really coming across as passive aggressively trying to dictate a market price in hopes that it becomes true. If the man wants to drink something, let him pay whatever is reasonable to him.

TLDR:
Some of us dont care about price as much as we care about wasting our time in finding harder to reach Bourbons.
There is an additional side to this. Here in Austin, most of the trucks arrive in the morning and by early afternoon everything worth hunting is gone. Some people like myself can go to the store any time of day. Friend of mine is a school teacher and he was excited to find 1792 FP.
CharlieBrown17
AG
jftx04 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Gunner33 said:

jftx04 said:

Gunner33 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

MW03 said:

TLDR:

Liquor stores aren't driving secondary prices. Some shop getting 200 bucks on MWND isn't going to change the larger market, just like when someone spends 1K on a GTS that's been sitting for months at the store near me it's not going to change the fact that I could have one sent here for 600 bucks.

There's also no need to drive to 6 stores, 150-160 is shipped to your door if you do the social media secondary groups. If you're not comfortable with that, no worries.

Goodest Poster
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

jftx04 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Gunner33 said:

jftx04 said:

Gunner33 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

MW03 said:

TLDR:

Liquor stores aren't driving secondary prices. Some shop getting 200 bucks on MWND isn't going to change the larger market, just like when someone spends 1K on a GTS that's been sitting for months at the store near me it's not going to change the fact that I could have one sent here for 600 bucks.

There's also no need to drive to 6 stores, 150-160 is shipped to your door if you do the social media secondary groups. If you're not comfortable with that, no worries.

So you aren't cool advocating spending a few bucks, but you are cool advocating breaking the law and potentially having the whole thing confiscated? Man I just really wish I was so much smarter so I could understand.

I digress. To each his own. I wouldnt be caught dead in a bourbon "social club". I shave all the way to my chin.
Goodest Poster
AG
CTGilley said:

jftx04 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Gunner33 said:

jftx04 said:

Gunner33 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

MW03 said:

TLDR:
There is an additional side to this. Here in Austin, most of the trucks arrive in the morning and by early afternoon everything worth hunting is gone. Some people like myself can go to the store any time of day. Friend of mine is a school teacher and he was excited to find 1792 FP.
If your friend is ever in Houston, hit me up on PM and I will give him a free 1792 FP BS. Appreciate the teachers.
CharlieBrown17
AG
jftx04 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

jftx04 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Gunner33 said:

jftx04 said:

Gunner33 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

MW03 said:

TLDR:

So you aren't cool advocating spending a few bucks, but you are cool advocating breaking the law and potentially having the whole thing confiscated? Man I just really wish I was so much smarter so I could understand.

I digress. To each his own. I wouldnt be caught dead in a bourbon "social club". I shave all the way to my chin.

Why willingly and knowingly pay more than something is worth?

There's nothing illegal if you're not shipping through USPS. Yes there is a risk of confiscation.

Amazing that you wouldn't be caught dead in one as you post in both this thread and the trading thread.
trouble
AG
I don't know, man. I've met some real cool people in bourbon social clubs. Some of them even shave.
Goodest Poster
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

jftx04 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

jftx04 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Gunner33 said:

jftx04 said:

Gunner33 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

MW03 said:

TLDR:

Why willingly and knowingly pay more than something is worth?

There's nothing illegal if you're not shipping through USPS. Yes there is a risk of confiscation.

Amazing that you wouldn't be caught dead in one as you post in both this thread and the trading thread.
Or UPS or Fedex or anyone else that doesnt have a TABC Carrier permit, but im sure you knew all that too. And yes, any liquid is at risk.

Let me make this real clear....Texags is an Aggie site about Aggie stuff, that also has discussions on Bourbon. It's far from a Bourbon Social Club. I expect Aggies not to jack each other off over 30 dollar 10 year bourbon drops. And the small % i post here will be dwindling further if it looks more and more like one.

trouble
AG
CB17 isn't in Texas. He doesn't have to worry about TABC.
CharlieBrown17
AG
You have a license with TABC then for your trading/private sales then?

I don't get why you're fine with ignoring that but not shipping
Sazerac
AG
jftx is over on the other thread trying to fleece Aggies on $200 Alberta Premium so I'm pretty confused about his stance here
07fta07
AG
I've seen so much Alberta in Houston lately at $60-70 if anyone needs one let me know and I'll pick it up for you for cost.
Goodest Poster
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

You have a license with TABC then for your trading/private sales then?

I don't get why you're fine with ignoring that but not shipping
Why Yes...I do.
07fta07
AG
Quote:

And the small % i post here will be dwindling further if it looks more and more like one.

trouble
AG
For this?

It's good for retail but I'd never pay $200 for it.
trouble
AG
07fta07 said:

I've seen so much Alberta in Houston lately at $60-70 if anyone needs one let me know and I'll pick it up for you for cost.

Yuuuuuuup.

Specs on University had like 6 bottles left when I got mine.
First Page Last Page
Page 587 of 1106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.