Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,870,205 Views | 38706 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by BrokeAssAggie
Cowboy Curtis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Username checks out
HCYA21
AG
I'd be more excited about the Full Proof than the CYPB.
EastTexAg14
AG
Just saw this post and backtracked. I would be in for 2-6 bottles as well if there is still room. Also have a local store to Houston that has agreed to bring in barrels for me if needed.

tx.ag11
AG
Thanks for organizing all of this. Happy to help in any capacity needed, especially if it involves the selection process.
Brad_97
AG
AGdent07 said:

I posted on the FB group but didn't see my name here. In for 2 as well. Thanks.
Farmer1906
AG
We pick our barrel yet? How soon should I expect my bottle? Next week? Cmon. Let's go!
streetfighter2012
AG
I've been away from this thread for a few weeks. Are we still able to request bottles? I'd be interested in 2 if available.
Ezra Brooks
AG
I replied as "interested" but didn't specify a number of bottles.

I'm still "interested" in 2.
Sixdrakes
AG
I'm in for 2-4
William Larue Weller
AG
AGdent07 said:

What is this a barrel of?
Naveronski
AG
Whiskey?
William Larue Weller
AG
Naveronski said:

Whiskey?
Lmao obviously; want to know what kind.
LPHA
AG
Bourbon?
William Larue Weller
AG
LPHA said:

Bourbon?
Lot of wiseasses out today haha. What type of bourbon. Is it Elijah Craig? Eagle Rare? Wild Turkey 101? Pappy Van Winkle? The type is what matters.
HouseDivided06
AG
Best bourbon there is: Jack m'effin Daniels.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Trump 2020 said:

LPHA said:

Bourbon?
Lot of wiseasses out today haha. What type of bourbon. Is it Elijah Craig? Eagle Rare? Wild Turkey 101? Pappy Van Winkle? The type is what matters.

I think this was discussed a few pages back. Due to order times/demand a particular distillery hasn't been selected. Since I am piggy backing i don't have a strong opinion.
AGdent07
AG
I added a few last guys to the list and we are going to cap it at where it stands. All 200 bottles are accounted for and if we do another barrel pick those might be as well. Haven't heard much back from buffalo trace and will try to contact them again. Not sure if they are delayed due to Covid or what but I will keep trying them.

Several of you have messaged me about helping out with this project and Im going to try and create a group who can spearhead this endeavor.

Thanks for all of your interest and patience. Trying to keep this thing alive and hope to be sharing a bottle soon (more like in a year haha)
AGdent07
AG
As for what is this...

Dream barrel would be Weller Full Proof. (Very hard to get though so unlikely)
Secondary or alternates would be Elijah Craig, Woodford Double Oaked, Four Roses.

Im sure someone on here is much more familiar with how to create a poll. If someone could create a poll of which bourbons we would be the most interested in picking a barrel of that would really help.

Thanks
aggie7020
AG
Some of the Knob Creek Picks are also popular.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

Im sure someone on here is much more familiar with how to create a poll. If someone could create a poll of which bourbons we would be the most interested in picking a barrel of that would really help.
Might have to go to the Nerd forum for this one.
CactusThomas
AG
Barrels are allocated just like bottles on the shelf. We need a good liquor store to back us. We do have enough buying power that we could make someone a quick buck.
LPHA
AG
Hopefully the double oaked is last on everyone's list. I can barely get through a glass of the stuff.
Naveronski
AG
LPHA said:

Hopefully the double oaked is last on everyone's list. I can barely get through a glass of the stuff.
Which?

If it's Woodford, I'll take it off your hands.
AggBock
AG
They have suspended the program. I don't know if that means done or they have a few more left stored.
agcrock2005
AG
LPHA said:

I will grab that as well...the GG store pick I had was incredible.
LPHA
AG
I have a shelf bottle and a Ryan's Liquor pick. I was not a fan the first time I tried either. The second time, the store pick had much more of a smores taste. I'm hoping both will grow on me after time. They're just so different than I'm used to with bourbons
CactusThomas
AG
I read a lot of people recommending that woodford double oak. I was very skeptical but I bought some and I agree, it's very good. Unique for sure.
Naveronski
AG
LPHA said:

I have a shelf bottle and a Ryan's Liquor pick. I was not a fan the first time I tried either. The second time, the store pick had much more of a smores taste. I'm hoping both will grow on me after time. They're just so different than I'm used to with bourbons

If they don't, I like it, so I'll work with you.
LPHA
AG
Hahaha, deal
MW03
AG
I got a Russell's Reserve Single Barrel pick once upon a time, and it was excellent. There's lots out there besides trying to score hard to find Weller's. I'm in regardless. This is historic stuff for the bourbon board. I just want in on the sticker.
MJ20/20
AG
Russell's Reserve would be a great barrel choice. I've had double digit RR store picks. It's a classic bourbon.
Fall92
AG
LPHA said:

Ryan's.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
MJ20/20
AG
Or Kentucky Spirit. The ****s gold. Only reason I wouldn't do a barrel pick is it's relatively easy to get your hands on.
FriedTex
AG
What do the three columns represent?
CactusThomas
AG
Drinking a Russell's Reserve store pick now. They are pretty much always good - some better than others.

Both OLC and Debs are releasing a RR pick in a couple days in Austin. The Deb's pick especially is going to be good.
First Page Last Page
Page 487 of 1106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.