Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,869,359 Views | 38696 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by MediAg13
betadawg1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have multiples of the following and would like to trade for the same (but a different store pick, batch, or proof). Curious to see if they have much of a difference in taste.

Located in CS but travel to Houston frequently (Beltway 8 between 290 & 59)

betadawg1
AG
I have an extra rear aged stated EC SmB that I would like to trade for a front age stated one if someone has one available.

Located in CS but travel to Houston frequently (Beltway 8 between 290 & 59)

mazag08
AG
Man, I've been drinking old Forrester 100 proof as my night cap lately. I still think think it's the most underrated, under appreciated, and best value whiskey.. period. Tell me I'm wrong.
Farmer1906
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Grabbed a bottle of Knob Creek 12 today. Excited to try it with a cigar this evening during the fights.

Good card tonight.
Bunk Moreland
Yessir. Masvidal is the greatest story in ufc. I know he's getting a huge payday but still, props for taking the fight with 8 days' notice. Hope he's in good enough shape to make is a fight because Usman is very good but I'm ready to see his ass drop.
Jdrexgman
AG
I opened my KC12 last night and was very impressed.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Grabbed a bottle of Knob Creek 12 today. Excited to try it with a cigar this evening during the fights.

Never bought a fight, but have been wanting to. Just download ESPN+ and pay the 50 bucks?
07fta07
AG
I plan to open a 14 year Knob Creek SiB pick tonight and will be interested to compare that to the 12 because I really enjoy the 12.

I got a bottle of Old Pogue as a gift and plan to open that also. Anyone tried it?
Bunk Moreland
Yeah. ESPN+ costs like 5 bucks a month (if you don't already subscribe) and my guess is the ppv will be around 60 but I'm happy to pay it. Dana defied the odds and made the fight island happen and I'll reward them for it. Super stacked card.
MW03
AG
Made fillet tonight. Eschewed the normal wine for whiskey in honor of Ron Swanson, even if he is a scotch man. Just want to say that Angels Envy is an excellent neat bourbon with steak.
RenoAg
Yeah that super sweet flavor of AE probably does go good with a steak. Gotta be in the mood for AE in my opinion. Extreme flavor profile. I didn't replace it after my last bottle. Just didn't want it hardly ever.
Bunk Moreland
Booker's Granny is fantastic at that proof.

KC 12 was also very good. So was the Drew Estates t52.
RaylanGivens
Here's a question for the peanut gallery: At what age does a KCSB store pick risk becoming overoaked? A good buddy in Dallas wants to trade his KCSB SP- 14 yrs 11 mons, for one of my 2017 Booker's. I love me some KCSB SP, but all have been right at 14 yrs, and under.

tlfw378
AG
User name does not compute....the Florida sun must be messing with your brain. Overoaked? I don't think you are in any danger of that....
07fta07
AG
I opened my 14 year 4 month SiB this weekend and thought it was less oaky than the 12 year. It was excellent. We did a bunch of tasting Saturday night and it was one of the favorites.
CharlieBrown17
AG
RaylanGivens said:

Here's a question for the peanut gallery: At what age does a KCSB store pick risk becoming overoaked? A good buddy in Dallas wants to trade his KCSB SP- 14 yrs 11 mons, for one of my 2017 Booker's. I love me some KCSB SP, but all have been right at 14 yrs, and under.

I haven't had near the problem with things tasting overoaked at higher proofs like that.

EC18 on the other hand....
BrownWater91
https://imgur.com/yS6eSLF

Enjoyed with a couple of friends last night.
agcrock2005
AG
Pic help.

BrownWater91
Thanks. It's a challenge for me.
agcrock2005
AG
No problem. I actually don't think you can post pictures as a "rookie"...at least that's how it used to be.
agcrock2005
AG
This is nothing compared to the last post, but I noticed something interesting last night. I found a Caribou Crossing for my buddy that we opened and noticed it's the exact same bottle as RHF, but with different tops. Apparently Sazerac owns everything. Although not bourbon the CC was pretty good if you like lower proofed whiskey.

FTAco07
AG
CYPB is awesome! It may be my favorite bourbon I have ever had and I have had the good fortune to try quite a few high end options. It's an absolutely crazy value at $40 MSRP and I would buy any bottle I could find for multiples of that.
BrownWater91
It was indeed excellent. I have two bottles and last night was the appropriate time to open bottle #1. Hoping I can locate another bottle or two sometime soon.
agcrock2005
AG
BrownWater91 said:

It was indeed excellent. I have two bottles and last night was the appropriate time to open bottle #1. Hoping I can locate another bottle or two sometime soon.
Where in the heck do you come across those things other than secondary for hundreds of dollars? I would love to try one of those!
BrownWater91
I asked a friend of mine in Houston if he could help find me CYPB. He's a wine connoisseur and had not heard of CYPB but he had a friend in Kentucky that could possibly help and he came through. Only had to pay retail. He also got me Weller Full Proof which I have yet to pick up.
agcrock2005
AG
Wow. That's awesome. I'd love to have both of those bottles.
ClickClack
AG
BrownWater91 said:

I asked a friend of mine in Houston if he could help find me CYPB. He's a wine connoisseur and had not heard of CYPB but he had a friend in Kentucky that could possibly help and he came through. Only had to pay retail. He also got me Weller Full Proof which I have yet to pick up.

Thisguy1
Wife's aunt in a group chat with my BILs sends us a picture of some whiskey they had lying around that they were trying to get rid off. I immediately see a bottle of Weller 12 (the older W. L. Weller bottle) with maybe 1 or 2 drinks out of it and claim it. None of the others wanted anything so I got it all. The others were Texas Crown, Forty Creek, and Gibson's Finest.

Wife brings the bottle home and not only did I get a bottle of Weller 12, I got a 1.75 of Weller 12, for free.

I haven't stopped smiling.
Sazerac
AG
CYPB
What does that stand for?

Never heard of it
FTAco07
AG
Craft Your Perfect Bourbon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.themanual.com/food-and-drink/buffalo-trace-wl-weller-cypb-craft-your-perfect-bourbon/%3famp
Sazerac
AG
Thanks. That was a great idea by the marketing folks. Now make more and ship it to Texas.
AGdent07
AG
Hey guys sorry for the slow response to things. I've got the list updated. Check for your name and amount requested. Looks like either we need multiple barrels or will need to limit everyone to 2 bottles. A couple of you have reached out to me about helping. I'm thinking we need a group of us to select a barrel or two and help with collecting payments. Anybody who would like to help please message me.
AGdent07
AG

DDSO
AG
The 12 I requested was for 3 of us. If we get limited, we will need to break up our "order".
FriedTex
AG
DDSO said:

The 12 I requested was for 3 of us. If we get limited, we will need to break up our "order".

I'll take his other 9
First Page Last Page
Page 486 of 1106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.