Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,752,971 Views | 37590 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by betadawg1
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LPHA said:

Hopefully the double oaked is last on everyone's list. I can barely get through a glass of the stuff.
Did you have a store pick?

The base Double Oaked is awesome.

But it's a much more syrupy and heavy mouthfeel with a sweeter aftertaste than your standard popular bourbons. If you're a huge Wild Turkey fan, or you prefer barrel proof stuff, I can see why it wouldn't be your favorite. But I can't understand not being able to finish a glass.
Outdoorag011
How about a barrel pick of Old forester 1920.....
MJ20/20
AG
How quick will Debs sell out?
CactusThomas
AG
Not quick
Naveronski
AG
FriedTex said:

What do the three columns represent?
Different totals based on number of bottles per person.
MJ20/20
AG
Good chance I can get a bottle Saturday? Is there a limit?
CactusThomas
AG
Tried to send a PM but it didn't work.

OLC pick comes out Thursday. I'm trying to get confirmation on when Deb's will be released. I would think that it will be available Saturday as long as it is released any time before then. I just don't think it will sell out quickly.
MJ20/20
AG
Thanks
Copp
Thanks for putting this together! Interested to see what barrel we can actually attain. Did someone reference a Facebook group we could be apart of as well?
Superdave1993
AG
Copp said:

Thanks for putting this together! Interested to see what barrel we can actually attain. Did someone reference a Facebook group we could be apart of as well?
Interested as well.
Copp
Have had some really great Knob Creek 15 year picks, Russel's reserve picks, but really hoping the stars align for a Weller full proof picks. Seems like a long shot though
RebelE Infantry
AG
I have a barrel pick from a Houston bourbon group of Old Forester Single Barrel. It is fantastic.
MW03
AG
Circled back to Belle Meade Cask again recently. I had enjoyed a bottle back in Feb so much that I bought a second and just now opened it. I think it's even better the second time around. I'd be hard pressed to name one I enjoy more at the moment, save Weller 107. Anyone have any similar bottled to Belle Meade Cask I should look into that can be found without going to the secondary market?

LPHA
AG
I have a store pick and the base bottle. The first time I tried them, I wasn't a fan. It's very different for sure, but I'm hoping they'll grow on me.

I love Wild Turkey and most of the higher proof bourbons I've tried. I would love to get another Four Roses pick at 120-130 proof.

Edit to add: I went nuts buying all sorts of different bourbons and have been opening a few different ones whenever I have a pour, so trying the Woodford Double Oaked after having one of the other random bourbons definitely didn't give it a fair shot.
Superdave1993
AG
I have a feeling that most anything we get will be great, and I am in regardless. Was wondering more about the FB group that has been mentioned.

My local store has done Old Forrester, Elijah Craig, Jim Beam single barrel, Knob Creek, and a 1792. All of them have been better than standard bottles. I know Makers will do a tasting for special reserve, and Woodford will sell a barrel as well.
MJ20/20
AG
Anyone try Early Times BiB? Thoughts?
TAM85
Paddleford Creek, has anyone tried it. I let the whiskey guy at TW talk me into buying it.
CactusThomas
AG
MJ20/20 said:

Anyone try Early Times BiB? Thoughts?

It's fine, pretty good. It's one of those bottles where people are searching for something that's a low key great value and that's fine... but it ain't WT101.
TamuKid
AG
Picked this guy up today, after being sad about killing a Total Wine Houston pick in 3 days. Whoops.
djmeen95
AG
Superdave1993 said:

I have a feeling that most anything we get will be great, and I am in regardless. Was wondering more about the FB group that has been mentioned.

My local store has done Old Forrester, Elijah Craig, Jim Beam single barrel, Knob Creek, and a 1792. All of them have been better than standard bottles. I know Makers will do a tasting for special reserve, and Woodford will sell a barrel as well.

Ditto. Especially if it's labeled with a "TexAgs Select" label.
07fta07
AG
The TW pick was good. I opened mine last night and will probably go grab another one while they still have them.
William Larue Weller
AG
AGdent07 said:

As for what is this...

Dream barrel would be Weller Full Proof. (Very hard to get though so unlikely)
Secondary or alternates would be Elijah Craig, Woodford Double Oaked, Four Roses.

Im sure someone on here is much more familiar with how to create a poll. If someone could create a poll of which bourbons we would be the most interested in picking a barrel of that would really help.

Thanks
Thank you. To confirm, you're not adding anyone new to the list, right? If not, I would certainly be interested.
Sazerac
AG
I don't notice any difference from regular Elijah Craig. IMO Better just to buy a 1.75 for less $
AGdent07
AG
I added the last few names to the list. I did put you on the list. I figure a couple people may back out once time comes to collect money.
William Larue Weller
AG
AGdent07 said:

I added the last few names to the list. I did put you on the list. I figure a couple people may back out once time comes to collect money.
Awesome, thank you!
ClickClack
AG
Since yesterday, I've scored a bottle of Blantons, EH Taylor, and Eagle Rare. It's BT delivery week in New Hampshire.
Naveronski
AG
https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3125156
LPHA
AG
Are we allowed to ridicule him/her for trying to gouge Aggies? That's absolutely insane
Sazerac
AG
Got excited....saw New Hampshire
ClickClack
AG

And yes, I included the OF100 because it was part of what I bought today and it's damn good and readily available.
AGdent07
AG
Finding blantons is such a weird thing to me. I have only found one over the last year or so. Yet I have picked up multiple weller 12 and 107 and other much more allocated bottles. I do love having an open bottle on hand and I just traded my last spare bottle for an EC18 (of course I had to cover the price difference with cash). I never ask for it specifically and always seem to get there after they gave away the last bottle (sure).
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
What is yalls opinion about hoarding bourbon? On the HBS on FB seems to be a big no no. Get a bottle and drink it. But on Instagram and other sites it seems the trend is to buy as much as you can for "collection" purposes with the intent to grow a collection of hard to find bottles.

I get both sides but as a noob to the bourbon game the collection market seems to be annoying me the more I learn because it limits my chances of ever finding Blantons or EHT on the shelf
MW03
AG
I don't begrudge people that like to collect as opposed to consume. I do wish those people would leave it at a bottle to complete their list instead of packing away tens of these that are so hard to find. I roll my eyes when I see a cabinet full of unopened bottles, many of which are allocated, 4 or 5 rows deep. It's a weird flex, but whatever.

Personally, I can't wait to try whatever I just bought.
Naveronski
AG
Instagram is always more about appearances and "keeping up with the Jones" than enjoyment.

Don't base your life around what you see on IG.
07fta07
AG
I'll "hoard" a few of the things I really like, but they're being purchased for me to drink, not to display as some sort of collection trophy. I almost immediately open every bottle I buy.

But in the end, it's your money so spend it how you want. If something's on a shelf and you want it, buy it. I've passed on things I have several of to leave it for the next person and wish more would do that. I've also bought things I don't need to pass on to friends or people on here who I know are having trouble finding it.

Now, I'll buy as much EHT or Weller 107 as I can find. Not because I'm trying to hoard it, I just really like them and they're not easy to find, so when I see it I'm buying it whether I have 0 bottles at home or 3. I wish I had enough of those to make them daily pours, but that will never happen.
First Page Last Page
Page 488 of 1075

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.