Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,871,683 Views | 38736 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by Aggie Therapist
John Francis Donaghy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ehrmantraut said:

Sorry, it was twin liquors, not total wine.

Mad enough to blacklist an entire chain, but not enough to remember what chain you're mad at.
William Larue Weller
AG
Yep, they're the worst.
trouble
AG
And to not realize this isn't just some random new policy they made to inconvenience him
Baby Billy
AG
Sorry that insulted some of you so much. I'll see myself out
Outdoorag011
Anyone in the Tyler area have an EHT Small batch they would be willing to trade?
Wheatables02
AG
And I'd rather go in a total wine where I have a random chance at finding a pseudo-unicorn on the counter (Cigar Blend, etc) then Specs now...because almost every Specs employee is full of bullsh and don't really care to help you in DFW.
William Larue Weller
AG
Wheatables02 said:

And I'd rather go in a total wine where I have a random chance at finding a pseudo-unicorn on the counter (Cigar Blend, etc) then Specs now...because almost every Specs employee is full of bullsh and don't really care to help you in DFW.

Guess it depends on the store. I've gotten essentially all of my allocated bottles from Spec's in Dallas.
BeardofZeus01
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Wheat, if you (or anyone else for that matter) are looking for JM Cigar Blend, Total Wine off 121 in Euless had a couple in the locked case on the bourbon aisle as of Wed afternoon. Don't recall the exact price though ... maybe $120-130-ish?
tlepoC
AG
Place in Austin had tons of eagle rare, bookers, whistle pig, and Weller's special reserve. Picked up the Weller's. Only 20 bucks...any good?
Bunk Moreland
Weller Special Reserve is the best bourbon for the price there is imo.
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
It's fine. Really sweet and there not a lot to it. If it had a different name, it wouldn't sell like it does.
Baby Billy
AG
CactusThomas
AG
third coast.. said:

You misspelled wt101

Amen
MW03
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Weller Special Reserve is the best bourbon for the price there is imo.

I agree with this. At $35 for 1.75, it's really hard to beat.
Bunk Moreland
Completely agree it shouldn't sell like it does but at that price the value is incredible imo. I'd drink it over many bourbons double the price.
Wheatables02
AG
cjaetzold said:

Wheatables02 said:

Wheat, if you (or anyone else for that matter) are looking for JM Cigar Blend, Total Wine off 121 in Euless had a couple in the locked case on the bourbon aisle as of Wed afternoon. Don't recall the exact price though ... maybe $120-130-ish?
Thanks - I am not but its just an example of something I've found by walking in one day and it was randomly on the counter.
CharlieBrown17
AG
WSR is why scotch drinkers call bourbon sugar water

It's meh at best
tlepoC
AG
After tasting, I agree with meh. It's good bit nothing special. Certainly not worth the 150 to 180 it apparently can still for on secondary
Post removed:
by user
tlepoC
AG
Okay. That was the price popping up when I was searching for reviews.
jetch17
AG
If that's the case I'll buy it by the case here in Tine and sell to suckers ... never gotten the Weller hype
txaggie05
AG
I bought in to the WSR hype too. Then did a blind tasting of it against regular Makers and Larceny (previous page) and it came in last place for me.
AggBock
AG
wSR is listed for $99 for a 750 on del mesa retail. People are starting to buy them here and ship. Crazy.
AggBock
AG
How much eagle rare? Was the price right?
mazag08
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

WSR is why scotch drinkers call bourbon sugar water

It's meh at best

it's the overwhelming majority of popular US bourbons and whiskies are vanilla forward. I'd blame all the big names that get chased just as much as Weller. Scotch lovers also don't really care for the thick oak flavor. That's why they drink juice thats aged in second use barrels. We Americans love thick, musty, oak and vanilla.
LCE
AG
10 minutes to pick a bourbon? You must be the guy who stands there and goggles every bourbon
Goodest Poster
AG
ehrmantraut said:

Aww Cmon...you couldnt let the rest of us find out?

mazag08
AG
LCE said:

10 minutes to pick a bourbon? You must be the guy who stands there and goggles every bourbon

I do this, sometimes for 15-20 minutes.

I'm making sure I've seen everything they have in stock and I'm looking for deals or values. But I'm not just into bourbon, so it takes me a while to get through the scotch and Irish.
MW03
AG
LCE said:

Guilty as charged
62strat
AG
LCE said:

Whiskey goggles?

Baby Billy
AG
mazag08 said:

LCE said:

I'm making sure I've seen everything they have in stock and I'm looking for deals or values. But I'm not just into bourbon, so it takes me a while to get through the scotch and Irish.

That's okay. He was fishing for stars. It makes him feel good about himself
CharlieBrown17
AG
mazag08 said:

LCE said:

And rum and tequila
Furlock Bones
AG
Do not waste your money on Clyde May's bourbon.
mazag08
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Do not waste your money on Clyde May's bourbon.
I've read that all of their offerings are apple bombs.
First Page Last Page
Page 451 of 1107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.