Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,831,057 Views | 38330 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by MediAg13
Atty_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The 125th Four Roses is absolutely delicious. Candy apple, caramel, vanilla, and cinnamon. I wish I could buy a case.

The mashbill reads:
OBSV - 18 years
OBSK - 13 years
OESK - 13 years

[This message has been edited by Atty_Ag (edited 11/19/2013 3:26p).]
Atty_Ag
oops. Huge picture fail. Wish it were actual size.
ElGatoBill
AG
Everyone needs to stop saying how amazing the 125th is until I can find some!
'03ag
No doubt. i'd really like to find some 125th. and i didn't even know there was a Limited Edition Single Barrel.
joshwayne330
quote:
I will say this years ORVW10 is pretty nice. The nose is like Pappy 15's little step brother, but the bourbon is still a little tight. Needs some air time to open up and loosen up the rough edges.

Hey joshwayne, are they not bottling anymore of the 90 proof ORVW 10? Is it all going to be the 107 proof?

Yes, the 90 proof was discontinued last year in order to bottle more of the 107 proof. Great decision by VW...
tx4guns
AG
I got three bottles of 125, but they gone.
austinag1997
AG
Spec's Arborwalk has Elijah Craig 21. A couple of bottles left this evening.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
quote:
I got three bottles of 125, but they gone.

Ducks4brkfast
AG
can you believe this guy won't sell me a bottle?

TxKng82
AG
^^^
Good gawwwd, that is impressive
Mr. McGibblets
AG
I just came
Ducks4brkfast
AG
went looking for some PVW today and struck out.

BUT, did find a lot of Old Charter 10.
joshwayne330
quote:
can you believe this guy won't sell me a bottle?

This pic has me beat (barely). Is this person located in Texas?
proudaggie02
AG
I just got a bottle of Van Winkle 10. Love the new bottle. It's always good to find some Van Winkle unexpectedly. It was $70, almost double what I paid a couple years ago.
proudaggie02
AG
Ducks,

Please post the address where that stash is located.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Hilton Head, SC
ElGatoBill
AG
That is quite the hoard! I hope he is atleast drinking them! I dont know that I could drink that much in my lifetime. Very impressive. Cant believe he cant "spare" any to sell you.

[This message has been edited by ElGatoBill (edited 11/19/2013 9:31p).]
Ducks4brkfast
AG
^ that's pretty spot on.

he's nearing retirement and has been stockpiling so he won't have to buy another bottle of bourbon once he does.
austinag1997
AG
At least get written into his will!
joshwayne330
quote:
I just got a bottle of Van Winkle 10. Love the new bottle. It's always good to find some Van Winkle unexpectedly. It was $70, almost double what I paid a couple years ago.

You opened it yet? Took mine neat on the first pour from the bottle last night. Tonight, let it open it for 30 minutes in the glass with a cap full of H2O,that's the ticket!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Had that Old Forester Birthday Bourbon a couple of weeks ago. Really great bourbon.
Third Coast Horn
quote:
^ that's pretty spot on.

he's nearing retirement and has been stockpiling so he won't have to buy another bottle of bourbon once he does

Was getting ready to say the guy was a POS. I decided that his reasoning was sound and justified though.

What kills me are the people who buy this **** just to look at it. I mean there was a guy that cleaned out the remaining stock of Macallan 10 Cask Strength from my local store. He only did it because the owner had mentioned in passing that it was discontinued. Dude wasn't interested in it until then. Those people make me sick.
ElGatoBill
AG
His logic makes sense, if I had that kind of money, Id prolly have 10 of each so Id never have to worry about trying finding the good stuff every year. Its my first serious year in bourbon, and I only managed 2 BTAC. A collection like that must have taken some considerable time to aquire. There are plenty of people who buy just to buy, keeping it from everyone else, but looking at the pic, seems like hes only buying what he likes, and hes got damn good taste.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
^ in as little as 5 or so years ago, it was not uncommon to find shelves full of PVW and whatnot. You'd buy what you needed, or none at all if you were into something else at the time.
Quantum ace
AG
quote:
I mean there was a guy that cleaned out the remaining stock of Macallan 10 Cask Strength from my local store. He only did it because the owner had mentioned in passing that it was discontinued. Dude wasn't interested in it until then. Those people make me sick.

There is a fine line here. I used to pick up a bottle of Wild Turkey Rye 101 on a moderately regular basis. I enjoyed it, used it for my Old Fashioned recipe, but it wasn't one of my "must keep in stock" bottles. It was more of a "replace within the next week" type bottle. If a guy at a liquor store asked me if I was interested in it at any given time, I would have said no. I would already be holding a bottle of it if I needed more. If that same guy responded that it was being discontinued, I probably would have asked for a case, or at least 4 bottles. That might make me look like a hoarder, but its just something I never placed a priority on because I could normally have a replacement bottle in less than 15 minutes. It was an important bottle to me, but ease of replacement made it a low priority. It took me a while to find a suitable substitute, and even then it took multiple products to replace it in various applications.

When I found out the Balvenie 10 was being discontinued a while back, I didn't even look for one final bottle. It was something I enjoyed very much, but I was just as happy with any number of substitutes. To start hoarding it just because it was about to become rare would make me kind of a jackass.
Mathguy64
AG
Holy crap. I tried to count up just the stuff from buffalo trace in the 2nd shelf and price it out. There is between $3k and $3500 just there.
Icecream_Ag
S
assuming fully stocked, it would be 3456 MSRP just in the BTAC. Not sure if there is regular buffalo trace before that last row, and not sure what that last row is.
Mathguy64
AG
I counted: 4 Blantons, 10 ETLee, 15GTS, 11 WLW, 7 ER17, 2 THH and either 2 or 3 Saz18. There appear to be several experimental collection bottles mixed in towards the end and tht last are (I think) 5 Col Taylor Tornado Survivors. The pappy variety counts from left to right are I think are 6, 6, 5 and 40!
FlyFish95
He looks to have about 80 or so of Pappy.
joshwayne330
quote:
He looks to have about 80 or so of Pappy.

He must be the smartest guy in the room. Those could be his daily sippers until he kicks the bucket...
farmer2010
AG
That is the most impressive collection of whiskey I've ever seen.
austinag1997
AG
Even more impressive than any liquor store!
FarmersFightAg
AG
I wish whiskies were that available as it seems in that picture. That is quite a collection!
proudaggie02
AG
I just got lucky & found multiple bottles of 10 and 12 on the shelf of a liquor store. This store got 2 bottles of Pappy last year, and I got one of them.
tx4guns
AG
proudaggie,

You still willing to deal on a bottle of 12 or maybe a 10, too? Shoot me an email. Thanks.
First Page Last Page
Page 40 of 1096

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.