Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,753,433 Views | 37594 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by CTGilley
jsn1986
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't think so. Another store expected to get some today bc they get trucks Thursday.
agcrock2005
AG
I know most don't care about this but it has gotten hard to find so I figured I'd post. Eagle Rare is at most Goody Goody stores in DFW right now.
CharlieBrown17
AG
This years little book sounds excellent

A blend of barrel proof Bakers, Knob Creek, Basil Hayden and Bookers
the dude10
AG
I will definitely be looking for that! When does it come out?
boboguitar
AG
Picked up a 107 at retail for once.
SpiderDude
AG
Went by Total Wine yesterday to see if they got in any Weller Antique. The lady said they had gotten 3 cases in Thursday...but they were already sold out. MF'er!
CactusThomas
AG
LawHall88 said:

My guess is this will be impossible to find, but I'm curious...
Quote:

It's not often that two whiskey masterminds collaborate in the creation of something brand new. But Fred Noe, Jim Beam's master distiller, and Shinji ***uyo, Suntory Whisky's chief blender, have been quietly working on this something new for the past several years. These two represent such different sides of the whiskey world, not just geographically, but fundamentally speaking. Now, they have unveiled the fruits of their labor. Legent Bourbon, a whiskey that could only be produced by combining the backgrounds and expertise of Noe and ***uyo, has arrived.

Legent begins life as a Kentucky bourbon, matured for five years. This represents the biggest chunk of the final product. The two other pieces of the puzzle see that same bourbon get finished in different casks. The first parcel finishes in California red wine casks, and the second finishes in sherry casks. All are blended together by ***uyo.
https://blog.distiller.com/legent-bourbon/

Haven't seen any discussions on this so I assume I'm the only one that likes it. That's ok with me.

It's cheap and readily available - that's a win. It has a very characteristic Beam flavor profile, kinda peanutty. The barrel finishing is very noticable but not crazy. It still tastes like bourbon. But there is a lot going on with it, its basically a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in a bottle. Very drinkable and very tasty. Just my opinion.
LawHall88
AG
CactusThomas said:

LawHall88 said:

My guess is this will be impossible to find, but I'm curious...
Quote:

It's not often that two whiskey masterminds collaborate in the creation of something brand new. But Fred Noe, Jim Beam's master distiller, and Shinji ***uyo, Suntory Whisky's chief blender, have been quietly working on this something new for the past several years. These two represent such different sides of the whiskey world, not just geographically, but fundamentally speaking. Now, they have unveiled the fruits of their labor. Legent Bourbon, a whiskey that could only be produced by combining the backgrounds and expertise of Noe and ***uyo, has arrived.

Legent begins life as a Kentucky bourbon, matured for five years. This represents the biggest chunk of the final product. The two other pieces of the puzzle see that same bourbon get finished in different casks. The first parcel finishes in California red wine casks, and the second finishes in sherry casks. All are blended together by ***uyo.
https://blog.distiller.com/legent-bourbon/

Haven't seen any discussions on this so I assume I'm the only one that likes it. That's ok with me.

It's cheap and readily available - that's a win. It has a very characteristic Beam flavor profile, kinda peanutty. The barrel finishing is very noticable but not crazy. It still tastes like bourbon. But there is a lot going on with it, its basically a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in a bottle. Very drinkable and very tasty. Just my opinion.

Where have you found it?
CactusThomas
AG
I live in the Coastal Bend area.
tripperwill
AG
In the Austin area I've seen it at total wine, spec's and twin liquor.
RaylanGivens
Please dont tell me this was in Houston.
EastTexAg14
AG
To my knowledge local stores(Houston) got in Weller 12 and Weller 107 last week. Was able to grab some more Weller 12 while making my way around town.
SpiderDude
AG
RaylanGivens said:

Please dont tell me this was in Houston.

No, Austin (Lakeline store).
RaylanGivens
Seems OWA came through Houston last week with the W12, just didn't get as much hype.
tx4guns
AG
Wild Turkey Cornerstone Rye started to hit Houston today. 9 and 11 year old straight rye blend at 109 proof. From my buddy at the distillery, this is special stuff. Retail is around $150-170.
CactusThomas
AG
Dont normally get excited about rye whiskey but I'm definitely going to get one of those Masters Keep Cornerstone.
MAROON
AG
Was up in Western North Carolina last week and the selection at the local ABC store was not very extensive. Went to the old standby of Woodford Reserve. Made for a rather enjoyable week. Nice sipping whiskey for my palate, and nice to get back to the basics.
FriedTex
AG
I did something similar recently. Found a bottle of Eagle Rare for 26 bucks so bought it bc of the price. Not sure if I enjoyed the bourbon or the deal but it was good
SpiderDude
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

This years little book sounds excellent

A blend of barrel proof Bakers, Knob Creek, Basil Hayden and Bookers

Any idea on MSRP for Little Book?
HouseDivided06
AG
Last year I paid $109 at Costco. I think usually $90-$110 is what you see for retail.
CharlieBrown17
AG
90-110 checks on the past two but I've heard 125 this year.
Superdave1993
AG
Stumbled across a handle of green Weller at my local store in AR today for $39 after tax.
aggielostinETX
AG
Superdave1993 said:

Stumbled across a handle of green Weller at my local store in AR today for $39 after tax.

W12 or SR?
Superdave1993
AG
SR, just the green label. Found one last August when I stopped at a store near the village when I was passing through. I like keeping a bottle around, but refuse to search or over pay for it.
StEdsCOOG
I told myself to give up on trying to locate a bottle of Blanton's after trying about 10 places. Decided to swing by the small mom and pop place by my parents and it turns out they had a bottle in the back. Started talking with the guy and he tells me that he has a guy that he sells a bottle of Blanton's to every month so he stockpiles them. Said he hadn't talked to the guy in months and says that he has 7 more bottles sitting at his house. I told him I'd be glad to take them off his hands and he was more than happy to offload them so we met an hour later and made the deal. Ended up with 6 of the 8 letters and a couple duplicates. Traded one of the extras to a buddy of mine for cash and a Weller 12 and I'll try to use the last one to trade for a B or O. Looks like I've found a connection for the hard to find bottles.
agcrock2005
AG
Looks like Facebook killed all the secondary bourbon groups. At least the two that I were in are gone now.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Looks like Facebook killed all the secondary bourbon groups. At least the two that I were in are gone now.
Yup. BSM and Fireballz are gone. Only one they haven't got yet that I'm a member of is Austin Fireballz.
Robert C. Christian
AG
The one I am in with 2.7k members is still there. Does anyone think FB killing the secondary markets will help hunting? Or is the market too big so the ease of FB doesnt matter?
aggielostinETX
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

The one I am in with 2.7k members is still there. Does anyone think FB killing the secondary markets will help hunting? Or is the market too big so the ease of FB doesnt matter?

Absolutely should allieve some of the pressure.
CharlieBrown17
AG
IMO won't stop the real serious buyers/sellers but it should help stop every swinging dick out there from flipping anything mildly allocated.
SpiderDude
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

IMO won't stop the real serious buyers/sellers but it should help stop every swinging dick out there from flipping anything mildly allocated.

So I'll be able to buy Eagle Rare again?!

StEdsCOOG
Anyone had Knob Creek 25th Anniversary before? Came across a bottle just collecting dust and the online reviews seem good. Thoughts anyone?
HouseDivided06
AG
I just finished a bottle last week of it for my birthday that I got around Thanksgiving of 2017. I really enjoyed it but it depends on the price point. I got it for about $85 because a store I frequented was going out of business. I liked it a lot, but not sure I'd like it as much at $140 or whatever the going price would be, but it's a damn good bottle
StEdsCOOG
Thanks. Place is asking $140 so I'll probably hold off for now. I don't think it's going anywhere. On a side note, an older couple walked in with a service dog and asks for the CR Cask 16 and CR XR Waterloo bottles they had on the top shelf. They weren't in there for more than $5 minutes and dropped $800.
SpiderDude
AG
StEdsCOOG said:

Thanks. Place is asking $140 so I'll probably hold off for now. I don't think it's going anywhere. On a side note, an older couple walked in with a service dog and asks for the CR Cask 16 and CR XR Waterloo bottles they had on the top shelf. They weren't in there for more than $5 minutes and dropped $800.

"Get a dog!!! Never mind... get some good whiskey!!!"

That reminds me of the time the guy in front of me checking out at Total Wine had a black box of Whistle Pig Boss Hog 5 and as he was checking out casually asked the clerk if he had 1 more bottle of it (he did) so he checked out with two. Dude ordered that **** like it was a fifth of Jim Beam White Label.
First Page Last Page
Page 380 of 1075

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.