Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,857,646 Views | 38598 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ryeguy
Kozmozag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Used to be able to by Blanton at any neighborhood specs.
LawHall88
AG
My guess is this will be impossible to find, but I'm curious...
Quote:

It's not often that two whiskey masterminds collaborate in the creation of something brand new. But Fred Noe, Jim Beam's master distiller, and Shinji ***uyo, Suntory Whisky's chief blender, have been quietly working on this something new for the past several years. These two represent such different sides of the whiskey world, not just geographically, but fundamentally speaking. Now, they have unveiled the fruits of their labor. Legent Bourbon, a whiskey that could only be produced by combining the backgrounds and expertise of Noe and ***uyo, has arrived.

Legent begins life as a Kentucky bourbon, matured for five years. This represents the biggest chunk of the final product. The two other pieces of the puzzle see that same bourbon get finished in different casks. The first parcel finishes in California red wine casks, and the second finishes in sherry casks. All are blended together by ***uyo.
https://blog.distiller.com/legent-bourbon/

betadawg1
AG
Kozmozag said:

Used to be able to by Blanton at any neighborhood specs.

Not the Gold.
Wheatables02
AG
Yes, 2017....maybe as early as summer 2016. Allocated as in things that should not be allocated - i.e. ETL, Weller Antique, Eagle Rare, etc

Not Pappy, BTAC allocated...
Credible Source
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Yes, 2017....maybe as early as summer 2016. Allocated as in things that should not be allocated - i.e. ETL, Weller Antique, Eagle Rare, etc

Not Pappy, BTAC allocated...

Yup. It annoys the **** out of me that Total wine and Soecs will make Facebook posts letting people know that eagle stare and EH Taylor small Bach are in. So stupid
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Sounds horrible imo
RaylanGivens
LawHall88 said:

Quote:

It's not often that two whiskey masterminds collaborate in the creation of something brand new. But Fred Noe, Jim Beam's master distiller, and Shinji ***uyo, Suntory Whisky's chief blender, have been quietly working on this something new for the past several years. These two represent such different sides of the whiskey world, not just geographically, but fundamentally speaking. Now, they have unveiled the fruits of their labor. Legent Bourbon, a whiskey that could only be produced by combining the backgrounds and expertise of Noe and ***uyo, has arrived.

Legent begins life as a Kentucky bourbon, matured for five years. This represents the biggest chunk of the final product. The two other pieces of the puzzle see that same bourbon get finished in different casks. The first parcel finishes in California red wine casks, and the second finishes in sherry casks. All are blended together by ***uyo.

...Pass
aggiemike89
AG
What's the difference in this "new" Full Proof Weller and the BTAC WLW? I thought that was the same thing?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
About a decade, give or take.
CactusThomas
AG
Carl Hungus said:

third coast.. said:

I'm definitely doing this when I get home. My life is nothing but free time hahaha

Join the group "Weller Fanatics" on Facebook. They have photos posing with their first born and a glass of shelf turd WSR, it's hilarious. They talk about it like it's PVW

So the old parable remains true.

One man's shelf turd is another man's selfie treasure.
RaylanGivens
aggiemike89 said:

What's the difference in this "new" Full Proof Weller and the BTAC WLW? I thought that was the same thing?
Guessing about 5 years, but as an NAS bourbon, we can only wonder...

CharlieBrown17
AG
aggiemike89 said:

WLW is barrel proof and the Full proof is "full proof"

Both go into the barrel at 114 and WLW is bottled at whatever it ends up, the new full proof is cut and bottled at 114.

Plus like previously mentioned, it's younger.
keysercade
AG
aggiemike89 said:

It will be the same thing as OWA and SR, but at another proof point (107, 90, and now 114).... NAS so probably 4 years old or so... far cry from WLW at 125-135 proof and 12+ years.
agcrock2005
AG
Ridiculous I can't get a regular BT bottle anywhere in DFW. That's my old fashioned bourbon and I'm about out. What do you all use?
aggielostinETX
AG
What?
Robert C. Christian
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Ridiculous I can't get a regular BT bottle anywhere in DFW. That's my old fashioned bourbon and I'm about out. What do you all use?

Serious?
agcrock2005
AG
Where are you finding them? Admittedly I don't travel around to mom and pops but the total wines and goody goody's don't have them. Total wine in Euless laughed when I asked him "do you have any buffalo trace products". Said they allocate everything now.
AlaskanAg99
AG
It shouldn't be that hard to find reg Buffalo Trace. It's all over Houston.

Although a shop owner said Baby Saz is becoming allocated. JFC!
Wheatables02
AG
I'll give you a store pick that I have at cost...$34...8 year old single barrel
agcrock2005
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

It shouldn't be that hard to find reg Buffalo Trace. It's all over Houston.

Although a shop owner said Baby Saz is becoming allocated. JFC!
I agree that it shouldn't be, but I've been to 10 stores over the last couple weeks and haven't found any. Only Weller, which will probably be allocated before too long. Maybe this is where it helps to have relationships with the folks in the store.
agcrock2005
AG
Wheatables02 said:

I'll give you a store pick that I have at cost...$34...8 year old single barrel
Heck yeah I'll take it, and I will buy you beers! Thanks.
CharlieBrown17
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Old Granddad BiB or rittenhouse both make better old fashioneds and cost less
Bmac04
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Costco in Arlington had cases of BT store picks earlier this week.
Mr_mo8268
AG
LawHall88 said:

Quote:

Or just get one of Dave Phinney's brown spirits (whiskey, bourbon, rye) for much less and it will be just as good if not better
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

Dang. Wish I had known. Both Costco's I go to don't have liquor. Thanks.
Fall92
AG
Bottle a bottle of Legent just because. Was pleasantly surprised. It's def unique and not your regular bourbon. Not outstanding but I appreciated the bourbon/Japanese whiskey cross.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
RaylanGivens
agcrock2005 said:

Quote:

Dang. Wish I had known. Both Costco's I go to don't have liquor. Thanks.
...Wishing that the Houston WB liquors (Costco) would carry some BT barrel picks.
Sixdrakes
AG
They did. Most of them sold out a few weeks ago.
SweaterVest
AG
Yep. They frequently have BT barrel picks in 375ml bottles, which makes a good travel whiskey.
RaylanGivens
Seems I must have missed them at the Willowbrook WB location, only found regular 750ml of BT, a month or so back.
aggiemike89
AG
WB also had those 375's of Blantons store picks. I snagged two in mid to late January. They are out now.
SpiderDude
AG
Looking for ideas for my next bottle. I'm not interested in hunting down pappy, etc. I'm looking in the $50-$75 range (I think you can find good value in that range... I'm willing to go up slightly if it's a must have but otherwise would try to hang there. Current bourbons on my bar:
Old Forester 1920, Makers 46, Hudson Baby Bourbon, Blanton's, Balcones Baby Blue, Garrison Bros., Bulleit BP, Rowan's Creek, Wild Turkey RB BP, Russel's Reserve 10, OGD 114, Woodford.

I love Rye too so if you're recommending one I'd definitely consider it! I love trying new stuff so any recommendations are welcome.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Grab a store pick Whistle Pig 10 that's cask strength.

Best value in rye right now imo

Should be able to find one at a Specs.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Smooth Ambler Old Scout

Edit to add anything Four Roses in that range
HouseDivided06
AG
The Whistlepig Store pick is a great rye recommendation. Also Pikesville if you've never had it is fantastic for $45 or so. On the bourbon side, I have really enjoyed the Old Forester 1910 for $50 or so lately, and the Belle Meade Cask Strength Reserve is one of my favorites at around $65. Both really good.
First Page Last Page
Page 365 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.