Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,909,000 Views | 39076 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by jreg90
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I joke with people that I should have cameras in my house to create a reality show called "the **** show" because it's bat **** crazy in my house every day right now. I'm a little sad that you're two years ahead of me and still struggling.
Post removed:
by user
aad03
AG
The first year is hell. The next couple are better, but still tough. For us, there was a turning point at ages 4 and 5. Everything got so much easier. They are 5 and 6 now, and it's great. Same toys, same friends, same tv shows, same books. Very easy.

But you see why I buy whiskeys I plan to drink.
Class of '03
62strat
AG
agcrock2005 said:

I joke with people that I should have cameras in my house to create a reality show called "the **** show" because it's bat **** crazy in my house every day right now. I'm a little sad that you're two years ahead of me and still struggling.
as aad03 alluded to; right now our oldest is 4.5, and he's def. done, for the most part, with the tantrums, and just overall orneriness. Instead, now, he instigates (which cracks me up).. like if I'm threatening the younger one with pouring out his juice if he doesn't clean up his food mess, the older one starts chanting 'pour it, pour it!'

Of course the younger then just says 'fine, I don't want my juice', and stomps his foot, then rubs his hands through the food mess to spread it around more. He's totally willing to make those types of sacrifices in order to prove his point.

But they still are constantly fighting over who gets what, who goes first, who gets this spoon, who gets to close the garage door, etc.

I'm eagerly awaiting the 5/6 age (under 2 years from now!) for 2 reasons.. hopefully will be getting much easier but more importantly NO MORE DAYCARE! I'll get the single biggest raise in my life when that goes away hah.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I've got 3 boys.... 8, 7 and 4.

Only thing that changes with age is the **** they break just gets more expensive.
BeardofZeus01
AG
Amen. My boys are 8, 7 (16 mos apart) and their antics have started costing much more time/money in repairs. And my 11 y/o daughter stirs it all
up willingly. Can't wait to see what the teen years cost me. :/ And God bless my saint of a wife for maintaining some semblance of order, without whom, I most likely wouldn't be able to avoid an involuntary commitment to a mental institution.
WES2006AG
AG
Somebody needs to tell Tanya that the bourbon thread has become a parenting thread. She would surely love to participate.
Post removed:
by user
62strat
AG
If they aren't breaking stuff.. they are breaking themselves.

We have ~$7k in medical for our two boys since July 2017, when we started our HSA!

Still pales in comparison to that daycare bill though.
aggielostinETX
AG
62strat said:

If they aren't breaking stuff.. they are breaking themselves.

We have ~$7k in medical for our two boys since July 2017, when we started our HSA!

Still pales in comparison to that daycare bill though.

4 kids. We hit the minimum every year.
Colt98
AG
What is happening to this thread??
aggielostinETX
AG
Colt98 said:

Kids are why we drink
WES2006AG
AG
third coast.. said:

WES2006AG said:

Somebody needs to tell Tanya that the bourbon thread has become a parenting thread. She would surely love to participate.

You are banned from this thread forever for summoning that evil
Sorry, just thought she would like to know that this thread has changed.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

but more importantly NO MORE DAYCARE! I'll get the single biggest raise in my life when that goes away hah.
No kidding. Wife found what has the be the most expensive one in DFW and I want to cry every week when we pay it.
Quote:

Sorry...I'm done talking crap about my kids.
Credible Source
AG
I just had my third son on Friday. Can't wait until I am in the clear enough to get loaded on GTS.

ETA- I didn't personally have the kid, my old lady did, but he came from my balls
LawHall88
AG
Carl Hungus said:

I just had my third son on Friday. Can't wait until I am in the clear enough to get loaded on GTS.

ETA- I didn't personally have the kid, my old lady did, but he came from my balls
Or so she says.
trouble
AG
The newest one is definitely his
turfman80
AG
Ive been enjoying a bottle of Rowans Creek lately
CactusThomas
AG
Yeah but how old are your kids?
Buck Compton
AG
To help get back on track....

If it's a new bottle and isn't sourced juice, I'll generally pick it up to try. I did that a few years ago with a Colorado bourbon - A.D. Laws Four Grain. It's not new, but I had forgotten it at the back of the cabinet so just broke it out this weekend. Only aged three years so it doesn't have the complexity yet, but decent for a 95 proof bourbon. Tastes like a higher proof as it just hasn't mellowed and balanced with time yet. Not worth the $50-60 price tag just yet. Wouldn't repeat unless it's price was cut about $25. It's something different though if you want to branch out.

But it was a good enough first punch that this is a distillery to watch. Hopefully they start to release a few longer-aged versions or a barrel proof at some point. Would definitely try one of those.
62strat
AG
I got an AD bottle from a subcontractor in 2015. I haven't sipped from it in 2 years though. I remember being a bit harsh. I'll have to try it again.
WES2006AG
AG
CactusThomas said:

Yeah but how old are your kids?
Buck Compton
AG
62strat said:

I got an AD bottle from a subcontractor in 2015. I haven't sipped from it in 2 years though. I remember being a bit harsh. I'll have to try it again.
Definitely a bit harsh. Like I said, it tastes like a higher proof than it is. But it's much better than most craft distilleries, especially the ones we have in Texas.
Wheatables02
AG
W12 750 ml now going for $165 on BSM. Did I miss a shortage notice?
BQRyno
AG
Guess it's time to sell my old label 1.75...
Credible Source
AG
Wheatables02 said:

W12 750 ml now going for $165 on BSM. Did I miss a shortage notice?

lmfao. If anyone here cared enough, you could make a living selling WSR on facebook
SpiderDude
AG
LawHall88 said:

Carl Hungus said:

Or so she says.

You may be onto something. I've seen pics... that kid is way too cute to be that ugly mug's!
Credible Source
AG
third coast.. said:

I'm definitely doing this when I get home. My life is nothing but free time hahaha

Join the group "Weller Fanatics" on Facebook. They have photos posing with their first born and a glass of shelf turd WSR, it's hilarious. They talk about it like it's PVW
Brad_97
AG
Yup. I might need to dig out my Weller old label trio and see what I can get for it. Think I saw a set auction for nearly $400...
betadawg1
AG
Had a buddy pick these up for me in the U.K. Looking forward to cracking open the first one.

RaylanGivens
Great haul, but should have picked up at least a couple SFTB IMHO...
betadawg1
AG
RaylanGivens said:

Great haul, but should have picked up at least a couple SFTB IMHO...

It was quite a bit higher than I wanted to pay. I've got another friend In Japan that is working on that for me. Along with a bottle or 2 of the black.
RaylanGivens
Had this discussion with a buddy over a couple of pours the other night. When do you first remember the term - allocated - becoming a standard go to among liquor store personnel? Has it been about two years?
First Page Last Page
Page 364 of 1117

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.