Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,748,067 Views | 37521 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by tu ag
AlaskanAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiemike89 said:

Started the game drinking a few Octoberfest beers. Switched to a few bourbon and cokes. Now I'm into my 2012 GTS neat. Gonna be a long night.

You watched the game too?
aTm '99
aggiemike89
AG
Headed to Denver/Golden for a wedding. Anyone have recommendations for stores that may have some barrel pics?
TshirtVulture
I would say Tipseys Liquor World near golden. Biggest dang liquor store I've seen and seems like they had some when I stopped by a few months ago. Think it's an old Gander Mountain or Cabellas.
aggiemike89
AG
Thanks. We're staying in Golden. I'll check them out. Appreciate it.
CactusThomas
AG
The "legalize it" crowd is always telling me how evil alcohol is. I would expect a liquor store in CO to not be picked over.
CJG15
AG
Argonaut Wine and Liquor has a lot of good stuff too, they had a ton of store picks when I was there in June
tandrus
AG
cjgraves15 said:

Argonaut Wine and Liquor has a lot of good stuff too, they had a ton of store picks when I was there in June
Store is MASSIVE. Big fan.

My favorite right now is MWND by High West.
jh0400
AG
tandrus said:

cjgraves15 said:

Store is MASSIVE. Big fan.

My favorite right now is MWND by High West.

MWND is on my list to seek out. Wasn't able to hunt much last year due to my broken leg. I'm hoping to get one this year.
tandrus
AG
They say it comes out late Oct.
lc2012
AG
Last year I got lucky and picked up a MWND from Total Wine the first week of November.
ClickClack
AG
What do you guys mean when you say "picks" or "store picks"?
HouseDivided06
AG
Stores will often have the opportunity to pick certain barrels or blends based off private tastings to sell at their store. So for example if you see a 1792 Full Proof store pick, that means that store specifically tasted a number of options and chose that particular barrel to be bottled and sold at their store. Usually a store pick is better than a standard bottle.
ClickClack
AG
Thanks
tx4guns
AG
HHBIB 6 year being discontinued. Big bourbon news from yesterday. Also, Blake from Bourbonr is doing live tasting reviews of the BTAC last night and tonight on Facebook. Last night - Saz 18 = trash, Handy good, but not great, ER17 (18) 101 proof is awesome, but only 1800 bottles this year. Will be $1000+ on secondary markets.
Ringo88
AG
Yep, the HHBIB6 is already off the shelves in Kentucky. Distributors telling stores for weeks that it's gone.
I scored an Old Carter bourbon Batch 1 this week. The Carters helped Dixon Dedman launch Kentucky Owl. Have also heard good things about this year's Birthday Bourbon, dropping in my town any day now.
jh0400
AG
I just watched someone clear six 750 ml and two 1.5L ERs as well as at least one Bowman off of the shelf at Specs. Everyone is entitled to spend their money how they please, but that seems ridiculous to me.
BigAg95
AG
I just emailed my guy re: OFBB and he said it's all gone already, but let me know if you want me to hold some Pappy or anything else for you.

OK, I'll bite!
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
jh0400
AG
There are things that I will buy multiples of (mainly EHT SiB) when I find them, but ER still seems to be fairly plentiful to me.
reveille23
Was at a store in BFE yesterday and they had a shelf full of ER that they had on "special"...2 bucks off tagged price. Apparently there are no hoarders in that area. grabbed a bottle and added this little store to my list of places to stop into on hunting trips to see what else they might put on special.
boboguitar
AG
Just picked up EHT single barrel in little elm.
showtime
AG
what's the going rate for a bottle of 12 year-old Van Winkle Lot B on the secondary market?
John Francis Donaghy
showtime said:

what's the going rate for a bottle of 12 year-old Van Winkle Lot B on the secondary market?

Pappy 12 Year!?!?!? That's worth at least $10,000 in gold bars!!!
jh0400
AG
BBB has it $415 to $460.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
$450 all day, er'day
showtime
AG
So unreasonable. Anybody in DFW this weekend want one?
tandrus
AG
showtime said:

So unreasonable. Anybody in DFW this weekend want one?
Are you asking $450? I'll PM you.
jh0400
AG
Anyone in Houston have an ECBP A or C and willing to swap for a B518? I got a call on one today, and it's a duplicate. I'm not going to sell it, but I am open to swapping for a different batch.
Post removed:
by user
jh0400
AG
CharlieBrown17
AG
Speaking of ECBP, I'd hazard a guess C918 is hitting Texas within the next two weeks. Seen it pop up else where and that's the usual lag time for us and ECBP
Fall92
AG
Picked up a 1.75L of Eagle Rare yesterday. Never seen one that size in the wild before.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Ringo88
AG
OFBB and Old Fitzgerald 9 year black label dropped in Georgia. Also Kentucky Owl bourbon Batch 8. First time here.
Farmer1906
AG
I had Kentucky Owl & Yippee Ki Yay tonight. Both were great. KO my be my favorite Rye ever.
First Page Last Page
Page 336 of 1073

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.