Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,853,616 Views | 38544 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Naveronski
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went to dinner last night and was able to cross RHF off of my list of things to try. I think it is better than Blanton's. Finished the night off with a THH and a ECBP B517 for good measure after a few glasses of wine. I'm paying for it this morning.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

The C+S group sounds great. I don't have PM abilities though, how to get in?

Same boat. Did you find a way in?
AlaskanAg99
AG
Apparently Weller CYPB is starting to land at TW. The Copperfield location received and sold out today. But that's all I've heard of. $35-ish retail.
aTm '99
Post removed:
by user
HouseDivided06
AG
I have generally enjoyed the 1792 Full Proof store picks but not sure if I've ever had the GG store picks. I've had the TW, Specs, and True Spirits ones before and they were all good. Can be hot though so if you're not into high ABV stuff I doubt you'd enjoy it
jsn1986
AG
I found it at my local store around Houston yesterday. I don't believe Specs has gotten it yet and only the smith street location is set up to get it.
WES2006AG
AG
jsn1986 said:

I found it at my local store around Houston yesterday. I don't believe Specs has gotten it yet and only the smith street location is set up to get it.
That means those of us who don't spend $20K a year in there won't be getting it at Specs.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Apparently the TW only got a few bottles in each. So that was a bust. I do not have enough Specs points to cover a bottle. Not if stores aren't even getting a case. I have one option left, but given how few bottles are making it around I'm not holding my breath.
aTm '99
Ringo88
AG
Please save your points and energy for better stuff coming out soon. Sorry to have to sound like Eeyore here, and this is coming from a Weller fan, but...
It's Weller 8 year, under-produced to create hype. That is all.
jh0400
AG
I asked stepdad to check with the small store in our hometown. They are generally able to get W12 and W107, so that's our longshot. I've been working to build up loyalty points at some smaller stores and won't be burning any of them on CYPB.
Ringo88
AG
Good man. I'm really sorry to have to report that. I was truly looking forward to it. Not quite as underwhelming as the first Old Fitz release, but darn close. Now I'm watching for the black label Old Fitz Fall release, which I've heard from Kentucky is a better wheater. We'll see.
Fallisfun16
Anybody gotten their hands on this years TW 1792 full proof store pick? Curious if it's worth getting over the small batch
jsn1986
AG
Has anyone ever been to a Total Wine grand opening? Wondering if there is any chance to grab something harder to find as part of the festivities.
Credible Source
AG
Yeah I'd go if I were you
AlaskanAg99
AG
Isn't there one in the Houston area opening soon?
aTm '99
jh0400
AG
Every store had a different barrel. A coworker shared a pour from his bottle (Houston Holcombe), and it was pretty good.
ClickClack
AG
Fallisfun16 said:

Anybody gotten their hands on this years TW 1792 full proof store pick? Curious if it's worth getting over the small batch

Yes. I thought it was good if you're wanting something barrel strength.
jh0400
AG
ClickClack said:

Fallisfun16 said:

Yes. I thought it was good if you're wanting something barrel strength.

Who wouldn't want barrel strength?
Post removed:
by user
dmart90
AG
Decided to try my hand at blending again - it's been a while. Got some mini-mason jars, so we're looking at about 60 mls of bourbon wasted if things don't work out. Here are my initial blends:

• 1:1:1 - Four Roses Yellow, Four Roses Single Barrel, Four Roses Small Batch
  • 2:2:1 - Fours Roses Yellow, Four Roses Small Batch, Four Roses Single Barrel
  • 1:1 - Four Roses Small Batch, Four Roses Single Barrel
  • 3:2 - Four Roses Yellow, Four Roses Small Batch
  • 55:33:12 - Four Roses OBSF (11y, 4m), Four Roses OESF (10y, 1m), Four Roses OBSV ( 11y, 10m)

The last is a variation on the ratio for the 125th Anniversary Limited Edition (55 OBSK, 33 OESK, and 12 OBSV) - I don't have any OBSK or OESK. Put them all together on 9/15. Maybe I'll try a sip this weekend to see how things are going...
schwack schwack
AG
Was in Total Wine / Dallas / Park Lane today they had EHT Single Barrel.
FriedTex
AG
Just got offered a new job today - 2016 WLW tonight!
Credible Source
AG
FriedTex said:

That's my unicorn currently, never had a bottle of WLW
ClickClack
AG
Congrats man. I'm in a job search myself due to recent layoffs. I would love a job AND that bottle of William Larue Weller, very jealous!

Hopefully I can be in your same position soon, bourbon included
aggielostinETX
AG
Just picked up a 1792 Full Proof, SOAS, and a Old Forrester Single Barrell.
Credible Source
AG
Deats said:

Just picked up a 1792 Full Proof, SOAS, and a Old Forrester Single Barrell.

Which SAOS?
aggielostinETX
AG
Not the good one...
Superdave1993
AG
Carl Hungus said:

FriedTex said:

That's my unicorn currently, never had a bottle of WLW
That seems to be my unicorn as well.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Grabbed a bottle of EW SiB barreled in 2005 tonight

Interested to see how it is since it was aged 10 years unlike newer bottles
jsn1986
AG
If any of you WLW unicorn hunters above are in The Woodlands I can provide a 2017 sample. I'll check my supply, but can prob afford to pour 2x2oz so a couple people can say they've had it.
Superdave1993
AG
Thanks for the offer, but that's a long commute from Arkansas. Our liquor laws and allocations here are horrible, but I'll find that rainbow farting unicorn one of these days.
Jim01
AG
Just got back from Total Wine in Clearlake/Webster. I consider the barrel strength 1792 but went with a bottle of Buffalo Trace and a bottle of Weller Special Reserve. Total came to $40.03 and I had a $40 gift card. They were limiting both to one bottle per person per day.

I'm just starting my bourbon journey. Started drinking it a couple years ago and have played around with a few different kinds. Kept it in the $20-$30 bottle range but plan to splurge more sometime soon.

Liked:
- Lazy River
- Bulleit
- Four Roses
- Redemption

Only ones I've really hated
- Devil's River - has a smokey taste that I really don't like and seems to give me an insane headache. I tried to pawn it off on my parents who are big bourbon drinkers and they wouldn't even finish their glass.

- Ranger Creek Rimfire - Not technically a bourbon but it has the mesquite smoke flavor that I hated.
Credible Source
AG
I can not believe they are limiting WSR and Buffalo trace. Those are both shelf turds.
aggiemike89
AG
Started the game drinking a few Octoberfest beers. Switched to a few bourbon and cokes. Now I'm into my 2012 GTS neat. Gonna be a long night.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
At that pace, I don't think it will be very long at all.
First Page Last Page
Page 335 of 1102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.