Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,857,670 Views | 38598 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ryeguy
DallasAggie2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mirage fine spirits possibly?
BeardofZeus01
AG
Probably talking about Tri City Spirits in the Shell station off Precinct Line ... that shop rarely gets anything decent and 100% markup is common when it does. Think $75-85 for regular Blantons. Mirage is in Colleyville, and occasionally has some decent bottles priced between MSRP and secondary.
agcrock2005
AG
You are correct. How did you know that? You stealing my data off my Facebook account???
Credible Source
AG
Fall92 said:

I was lucky to land a BP and the Rye but am still in search of the 4G and SW.

4 grain will be dropping in the next few weeks....
plowboy1065
S
Please don't start a run on ER
FriedTex
AG
I had 4Grain at a bar in Orlando recently, didn't strike me as being all that good. Seemed a little thin to my palate
aggielostinETX
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Please don't start a run on ER

Y'all can keep the ER.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I think the horse is already out of the barn about ER anyway. Usually doesn't make it a week on the shelf in BCS
agcrock2005
AG
I don't see it often in DFW either.
Credible Source
AG
FriedTex said:

I had 4Grain at a bar in Orlando recently, didn't strike me as being all that good. Seemed a little thin to my palate

Really? I freaking love it
CharlieBrown17
AG
In Austin today for some appointments, heard J&J spirits had a 10 year EC pick. Can confirm, it's coming home with me.
BeardofZeus01
AG
Nope ... never been a FB user. That shop is just down the street from me, and I've had similar experiences.
CircleO
AG
Great score. This is why you are the best neighbor ever!
Wheatables02
AG
Yep stopped going there and just go to my local now. Don't really hunt as much.
CharlieBrown17
AG
So after Austin I had to go Randolph AFB for some things and I stopped by Alamo City liquor and made friends with the lady working.

Walked out with a store pick full proof 1792, Weller 12, and a Mezcal imported specifically for them.

BulldAg99
AG
CircleO said:

Great score. This is why you are the best neighbor ever!

Damn right!!
CharlieBrown17
AG
To top everything off I just got a pour of ECBP A118 for 7.50 because the girl behind the bar poured it instead of small batch.

Brb buying a lotto ticket
RenoAg
In case any of you Htown fellas are interested in a bottle of Whitmeyers Harvey's Remnants there was about 10 bottles of it at the Specs on Hwy 6 and Williams Trace. Supposed to be some good juice but I'm so jaded against Texas bourbon I have no interest.
the dude10
AG
My wife and I are headed to an all inclusive this morning and I am sure the supposed premium spirits selection will consist of crown and Jim beam white. I read that the resort has a great martini bar but I don't really know any drinks. I typically drink neat and every once in a while will get an old fashioned. Any suggestions on some great bourbon cocktails? Maybe something refreshing and nice to sip on in the heat. Last time I ended up settling on mostly margaritas and Jameson rocks. Thanks!
Credible Source
AG
Lismore and Topo Chico!
Fall92
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

How is the rye? I've seen it a few times but haven't been ready to jump into a 70 bottle of rye.
Just saw this. Actually, I haven't opened it yet- in large part b/c it is a $70 bottle of rye.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
schmellba99
AG
RenoAg said:

In case any of you Htown fellas are interested in a bottle of Whitmeyers Harvey's Remnants there was about 10 bottles of it at the Specs on Hwy 6 and Williams Trace. Supposed to be some good juice but I'm so jaded against Texas bourbon I have no interest.
It's a good pour, don't be jaded. Whitmeyers is making some solid bourbon.
schmellba99
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

How is the rye? I've seen it a few times but haven't been ready to jump into a 70 bottle of rye.
Col. Taylor Rye is one of the better ones out there IMO. Makes it even better is that you can usually find a bottle and don't have to get on a list or any of that nonsense.
aggiemike89
AG
Finally had a chance to pick up my KO rye from my local honey hole today. Anybody tried it? What did you think?
Also got another ECBP for the bunker.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

Also got another ECBP for the bunker.
Must be nice...I still haven't seen one in 2 years.
schmellba99
AG
I know tx4guns and a few others on some other boards said the KO was good. Can't remember if it was blow your socks off good or not, but it seemed to please most everybody that I remember talking about it.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
schmellba99 said:

I know tx4guns and a few others on some other boards said the KO was good. Can't remember if it was blow your socks off good or not, but it seemed to please most everybody that I remember talking about it.
that's a good way to put it
Quantum ace
AG
schmellba99 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Col. Taylor Rye is one of the better ones out there IMO. Makes it even better is that you can usually find a bottle and don't have to get on a list or any of that nonsense.

Big fan of EH Taylor Rye, but I have been leaning more towards Pikesville lately. I'll try to do a side by side tonight.
The Catfish
AG
Got a bottle of Mitchers Single Barrel Bourbon today. Never had it before (still learning the bourbon world). Any fans on here?
Fall92
AG
Finally popped open my Blanton's STFB. Ho lee ***. It's amazing! My wife, who drinks the SB as her daily drinker, is already asking me to find more. Have the green light boys, let me know when another case is ordered.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
aggielostinETX
AG
Fall92 said:

Finally popped open my Blanton's STFB. Ho lee ***. It's amazing! My wife, who drinks the SB as her daily drinker, is already asking me to find more. Have the green light boys, let me know when another case is ordered.

What took you so long?
Credible Source
AG
Yeah it's incredible. Sadly, I think master of malt stopped shipping to Texas
Fall92
AG
Was waiting for the right occasion. MOAR!
aggielostinETX
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Yeah it's incredible. Sadly, I think master of malt stopped shipping to Texas
Hmm...

Quote:

Also, due to state import restrictions, we are only allowed to deliver to:

California, Washington District of Columbia, Idaho, Louisiana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Virginia, Wyoming

I'll have to try my other guy. He was more expensive last time.
dmart90
AG
Anyone going to this?

https://secure.txwhiskeyfest.com/event/Texas-Whiskey-Festival
“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.

Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”— James Clear
First Page Last Page
Page 309 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.