Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,751,296 Views | 37573 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by trouble
AlaskanAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any mom and pops? I'll have to make some stops tomorrow.
WES2006AG
AG
IBMs_Watson said:

Weller 12 all over Houston Spec's today. Happy hunting.
Was it on the shelf? I walked in to the Specs on Smith St last night and the guy told me they were calling people off the list.
aggielostinETX
AG
That's a dick thing for them to do.
AlaskanAg99
AG
It's allocated at Smith St Specs. It's not the same for all, this is how it's been for awhile.

WES2006AG
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

It's allocated at Smith St Specs. It's not the same for all, this is how it's been for awhile.

Thanks. Guess I will try a different Specs on my way home today.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Most of the core specs in Houston are required to send their allocated bottles downtown. FYI. The smaller store specs rarely get much of anything of note.
IBMs_Watson
Smith St. is super strict on allocations. Stores on the periphery are where a store clerk in a good mood will hook you up. Ask nicely and hope for the best.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Sadly if you're going to try after work, I wouldn't hold your breath. This seems to be specs only, so it'll be gone fast. I'm not even going to try.
vanderhoosen
AG
Grabbed a W12 750 from Specs at 249 and Spring Cypress. They had about 1.5 cases left.
WES2006AG
AG
Was able to score a W12 at the Spec's at Jones and 290. Only got it because I had given my name to the guy to go on a list for W12 and Blanton's months ago.
CharlieBrown17
AG
College station specs have W12 on a list. Did have ER10 for the first time in a few months but I didn't get any
LawHall88
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

College station specs have W12 on a list. Did have ER10 for the first time in a few months but I didn't get any

Same here in San Antonio, but I grabbed two bottles of ER as a consolation prize.
Señor Chang
AG
So I know for next year, do you have to spend a certain amount to get on the Specs list, or just ask to be put on it?
AlaskanAg99
AG
You need to spend a certain amount. 2 years ago I was called and got 2, last year I got 1, this year: 0.
Propane & Accessories
AG
I was able to get a bottle of Eagle Rare from Total wine and more, and it was pretty darn good really smooth a good bourbon for a relatively cheap price.
Credible Source
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

You need to spend a certain amount. 2 years ago I was called and got 2, last year I got 1, this year: 0.

That system sucks, I'd rather pay secondary for what I want than buy ****ty booze all year waiting to save $40
jh0400
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Is it at any Specs or a certain store?
agcrock2005
AG
UncleJew15 said:

I was able to get a bottle of Eagle Rare from Total wine and more, and it was pretty darn good really smooth a good bourbon for a relatively cheap price.
I like ER more than Blantons. Very good IMO.
CharlieBrown17
AG
EH Taylor has them both beat.
IBMs_Watson
Stick to a certain store. I just learned this recently after spreading my business around Houston.

Store managers care about 'their' customers - not Spec's customers as a whole.
agcrock2005
AG
Haven't had the luxury of landing one yet...you got an extra??
jh0400
AG
That's been my struggle. I have a couple of neighborhood stores that I frequent as well as downtown due to proximity to my office. If I could find one store that consistently had what I'm looking for with regard to beer, wine, and bourbon that would be awesome. Downtown can't be beat for wine or beer, but their bourbon selection isn't that great. Neighborhood stores are better for bourbon but not so great for beer and wine.
jh0400
AG
EHT Small Batch is readily available in Houston. Single Barrel can be found but takes some work. Barrel Proof and variants (four grain, seasoned wood, etc) are unicorns. I have been hunting Barrel Proof for close to a year with no luck.
Fall92
AG
I was lucky to land a BP and the Rye but am still in search of the 4G and SW.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
CharlieBrown17
AG
Don't have an extra but like a few have mentioned it's available off and on.

Haven't seen it in CS for a while but did saw it quite a bit in austin over Christmas break.
aggielostinETX
AG
Check PM
CharlieBrown17
AG
How is the rye? I've seen it a few times but haven't been ready to jump into a 70 bottle of rye.
LCE
AG
Picked up W12 today at Specs in De Zavala. I got on the list last year.
LawHall88
AG
LCE said:

Picked up W12 today at Specs in De Zavala. I got on the list last year.
I'm new at the "list" thing. I gotta figure that out.
aggielostinETX
AG
Specs in Addison boys
LCE
AG
Just walk in and go to the bourbon aisle and ask who is in charge of the list. I did last year and got put on list and he walked back and brought one out for me to buy. Some guy didn't show up. Easy.
BulldAg99
AG
Been waiting forever to finally have a reason to post on this thread. Big score today, a bottle each of Blanton's, W12, and W107 today.
TexAg XVI
AG
Not sure when/if it was discussed on the thread, but is Dalmore scotch worth the price?
aggielostinETX
AG
BSM is a ****ing W12gasm right now...
agcrock2005
AG
I stumbled across some W107 and eagle rare in North Richland Hills. ****ty weller was at gas station shop and was 45 dollars. I told the Indian guy he was being a dick but I bought it anyway because I don't see it anywhere else. Eagle rare was $29 which I think is a steal.
First Page Last Page
Page 308 of 1074

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.