Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,854,468 Views | 38562 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Aggie Therapist
SACR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

What streaming service is it on?
---------------------------------------------------
"Now you're suggesting uncleanliness during a viral outbreak? What other great ideas you got Typhoid Mary[?]"

jamey, 3/13/20

-------------------------------------------------

"They log into each other's accounts and post. They probably are two different people but that doesn't matter much when you log into other peoples accounts."
agcrock2005
AG
I just found it in prime video and paid a few bucks. I'm sure it's on the other Netflix type services as well.
LawHall88
AG
SACR said:

What streaming service is it on?
More info on the film's website:

http://www.thebourbonfilm.com/
87Flyfisher
AG
it is $4.00 on Amazon
CharlieBrown17
AG
Had the Black Water Draw peppermint stout aged in an OGD barrel tonight at O'Bannons. Damn good beer and even better in a bourbon barrel
RenoAg
Gonna pop my dusty WT cherry tonight. Have a 91 8yr/101 waitin for me to drink while I watch Rockets-Raptors tonight. I'll let yall know if it's any good.
RenoAg
Inglorious start as for the first time ever I had a cork break off on me when I tried to pull it out. After some surgery to fix this issue I will report that this pour is v e r y niiiiiiiiice. Almost has a similar lingering hint of buttery goodness like the old SW juice. But not quite as strong. I've heard the barrels used back then were constructed from older wood and that's what adds this kind of flavor. I personally love it.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Made a manhattan with rittenhouse rye tonight, makes a damn good drink
Post removed:
by user
AlaskanAg99
AG
The EC Blind Pig pick, 10years, is really robust and tasty. They were sampling out a bottle at the store. Was just going to buy 1, ended up buying 3.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Had a pour of RHF tonight. It's good, but I think slightly overhyped. Nothing about it screams that should be allocated and rare to me.
aggielostinETX
AG
Guess what's rolling into the final 4 of of republics tourney?

Hancock.
TXAG 05
AG
Got Blantons for retail off the shelf today. Hit it just right.
John Francis Donaghy
CharlieBrown17 said:

Had a pour of RHF tonight. It's good, but I think slightly overhyped. Nothing about it screams that should be allocated and rare to me.

The more rare and/or allocated bourbons you try, the more you'll find yourself saying that. Bourbon has become a collector sport. The labels are often worth far more than the liquid inside.
AlaskanAg99
AG
A year ago I started an Infinity bottle. Tonight it filled. 1oz from any bottle I had, rules: single barrel, over 90 proof or 10+ years old. Try to keep the crap out.

Will let mellow for a month before the first pour. Used a Hendrick Gin bottle (wtf, right?)...looked cool but impossible to tell how much is in there. I need a clear decanter.

For the first one I did not track what went in.
plowboy1065
S
Interesting experiment. Looking forward to hearing the results
AlaskanAg99
AG
I should have written down what went in but I was just too lazy. Its all off the shelf, nothing crazy that was traded for. W12, EC12, EC store pick I mentioned above, OWA, ETL, RHF, several Blanton's, a rye or 2, and a lot more. And more.
Credible Source
AG
I got loaded at the High West Distillery today. Took a tour and had Bourye, double rye, light whiskey, rendezvous rye, And American Prarie bourbon. decided on seconds for the rendezvous and Bourye. Had a bowl of elk Chili and a bison short rib to go along with it, gonna sleep it off now.
agcrock2005
AG
How's the snow? I know Aspen sucks but have heard Utah didn't get much better this year which is surprising. Seems like Utah snow is much better than CO year after year.
Credible Source
AG
agcrock2005 said:

How's the snow? I know Aspen sucks but have heard Utah didn't get much better this year which is surprising. Seems like Utah snow is much better than CO year after year.

Good enough for me, 305 runs open, about a 45 Inch base when we got here.
agcrock2005
AG
Nice. Can't wait until I can go skiing again. Two very young kids which kind of screwed my life for a few years I think.
Credible Source
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Nice. Can't wait until I can go skiing again. Two very young kids which kind of screwed my life for a few years I think.

Yup, me too. My oldest turns 6 next week so we finally have been able to go. Park city has tons of other activities so my wife and 2 yo could still have fun. It's a great place.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Seen a few posts from people at the BT distillery taking pictures of EHT Four Grain getting boxed up to ship
Credible Source
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Seen a few posts from people at the BT distillery taking pictures of EHT Four Grain getting boxed up to ship

FriedTex
AG
I need an update on your best/cheapest bourbon
John Francis Donaghy
FriedTex said:

I need an update on your best/cheapest bourbon

Cheap-cheap - Evan Williams White Label ~$20/1.75

Little more expensive but still cheap - Old Ezra 7 Yr ~$20/750

Heaven Hill excels at good lower shelf bourbons.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Especially if you can get your hands on a HH BiB 6 year but they're only in Kentucky
John Francis Donaghy
CharlieBrown17 said:

Especially if you can get your hands on a HH BiB 6 year but they're only in Kentucky
The HH BIB 6 Year and the Evan Williams White Label are damn near the same juice. Same distillery, same mashbill, but the HH is all 6 year old barrels while the EW White is a blend of 4-6 year old barrels. The HH has a little more oak flavor to it if you're really looking for it, but in a blind tasting most people probably couldn't tell them apart. They are both phenomenal bourbons for the price.
Credible Source
AG
I'm drinking SAOS 11 year SIB and it's got to be one of my all time favorites. It's incredible. I've got a local guy that bought a bunch, and I've been stockpiling while pretending I'm drinking them all. If you haven't tried it, you should.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I have both, the EW WL is my "house" bourbon but I like the HH BiB slightly more.

It's a bit smoother and oakier like you said.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Also, can something BiB be a blend of different years?

I was at an organization meeting and couldn't check earlier but the criteria for BiB is

Quote:

the bourbon was made at a single distillery, by one distiller in one distillation season, aged for at least four years in a federally bonded and supervised warehouse, and bottled at 100 proof

Which leads me to believe it can't be a blend of different years. That sounds like everything has to be the same age in a bottle to me but I don't know.
Fall92
AG
OGD114 is only about $21. Been seeing more of it in Houston lately.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
IBMs_Watson
Weller 12 all over Houston Spec's today. Happy hunting.
aggielostinETX
AG
IBMs_Watson said:

Weller 12 all over Houston Spec's today. Happy hunting.

In Dallas too... and I'm in Charlotte
agcrock2005
AG
Where in Dallas and I'll grab you one too tomorrow!
First Page Last Page
Page 307 of 1102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.