Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,866,336 Views | 38668 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Pac1698
AlaskanAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RHF is way more scarce than Blanton's.
Farmer1906
AG
Absolutely. I've been looking RHF forever. Never seen it. Don't even read rumors of liquors stores getting it in.
AlaskanAg99
AG
It comes and goes fast. I lucked into 1 once a year ago, that's it.
John Francis Donaghy
Question for those of you who are active in the trade market:

Hypothetically speaking, what kind of bottles could a guy reasonably expect to get in return for a 1.75 of age stated Elijah Craig 12 Year?

Is it sought after at all in the trade market?
CharlieBrown17
AG
I'd say 20-25% over retail of NAS of same size is pretty typical. It comes up on BSM on FB fairly regularly
Wheatables02
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

Hypothetically speaking, what kind of bottles could a guy reasonably expect to get in return for a 1.75 of age stated Elijah Craig 12 Year?

$110-125...sometimes sought after....what are you looking for? It's my all time fav and got me hooked on Bourbon. I might trade you for it.
Right Rigger
Carl Hungus said:

I found a bunch this year, saw when they were dropping by watching the secondary pages, everything hits up north first (except Weller) and bought like 6 bottles. I've got a stock pile now.

Trade?
FriedTex
AG
Personally I think RHF is good but overrated. Spend your money on ECBP
Chipotlemonger
AG
Elijah Craig BP is my white whale right now. Have never had it but on the top of my to find and try list.
agcrock2005
AG
FriedTex said:

You selling one? I'm game.
agcrock2005
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Elijah Craig BP is my white whale right now. Have never had it but on the top of my to find and try list.

Same here...hoping wheatables scores me one.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Keep your eyes peeled, first batch of this year should be on shelves soon
Chipotlemonger
AG
Good to know! Will do, thanks for the heads up.
Farmer1906
AG
I have an unopened bottle of ECBP. I'd be willing to part with it if the trade was right.
Right Rigger
I have an ECBP I'll trade for a RHF.
Wheatables02
AG
I've got a half bottle of RHF. Revisited it last night after all the chat. It's okay but not for more than $55. I feel there are many better options readily available.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Wheatables02 said:

I've got a half bottle of RHF. Revisited it last night after all the chat. It's okay but not for more than $55. I feel there are many better options readily available.

I'll dispose of that swill for you. Free of charge.
Credible Source
AG
FriedTex said:

I just traded one of my RHF for the C917
Credible Source
AG
I buy the hell out of W12 and trade it all day for RHF, ECBP, Orphan barrels etc. Thats the best part about the Texas bourbon market, tons of Weller. if there is a specific bourbon you really want to find, startr watching the whiskey bourbon and scotch enthusiast page, the northern states basically alert you of imminent Texas shipments. Thats how I got RHF EHT and ECBP
CharlieBrown17
AG
Yup. I've seen ECBP A118 made it to Arkansas now plus a bunch of northern states.
Credible Source
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Yup. I've seen ECBP A118 made it to Arkansas now plus a bunch of northern states.

Just got a call it dropped in ATX yesterday and today
CharlieBrown17
AG
Like on shelves dropped or store owners calling a list dropped? I have someone in Austin that would be willing to grab a bottle for me.

Or if you're in Austin and willing to grab a bottle that'd be neat too
Credible Source
AG

Owners calling dropped, only a three pack per store delivered and only the Mom and pop stores
CharlieBrown17
AG
Dang that's pretty limited, thanks for the heads up though
Silver Arrows
AG

Not a bad pickup today. Went to pick up some Pliny and they had Blanton's too.

Credible Source
AG
How is the Hudson baby four grain?
Silver Arrows
AG
It's not bad! Certainly not the most complex bourbon on the market but very smooth and sweet. I would say give it a try especially if you can find it on sale.
LawHall88
AG
Silver Arrows said:

It's not bad! Certainly not the most complex bourbon on the market but very smooth and sweet. I would say give it a try especially if you can find it on sale.

I'm a relative novice, but Hudson Baby is the sweetest bourbon I've tasted.
John Francis Donaghy
Wheatables02 said:

John Francis Donaghy said:

$110-125...sometimes sought after....what are you looking for? It's my all time fav and got me hooked on Bourbon. I might trade you for it.

Not necessarily looking for anything. I'm not big into secondary market stuff, I mostly just buy what I like when I can find it, and drink it myself. But in the process of trying to get my whiskey collection down to a more managable amount, I found this 1.75 hanging around in the back of my bottom shelf. It's one of my favorites too, and I'm just trying to gauge if I should just crack it open and enjoy, or if it's gotten valuable enough to maybe get me something else I have trouble finding regularly.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Its not to the point of real collectability. I love it and think it's highly underrated. Hold on to it five more years and it may go up.

BQRyno
AG
Apparently Master of Malt and the Whisky Exchange have stopped shipping to Texas. Sad times.
Wheatables02
AG
BQRyno said:

Apparently Master of Malt and the Whisky Exchange have stopped shipping to Texas. Sad times.
Oh damn....there goes my SFTB supply.
WES2006AG
AG
BQRyno said:

I ordered from Whiskey Exchange this week and got an email saying there was a problem shipping to Texas. They seem to think it will be resolved within 2 weeks so they are holding my order until then.

We will see.

ETA: Nevermind, I just got another email that they cancelled my order.
Credible Source
AG
WES2006AG said:

BQRyno said:

I ordered from Whiskey Exchange this week and got an email saying there was a problem shipping to Texas. They seem to think it will be resolved within 2 weeks so they are holding my order until then.

We will see.

ETA: Nevermind, I just got another email that they cancelled my order.

This is terrible news
tmas
AG
What other sites like this exist? Hell of a lot easier than going store to store looking for rare bottles.
First Page Last Page
Page 305 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.