Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,870,680 Views | 38718 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Lonestar-aught-six
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interested...
claybot
AG
At a work event last night and my boss told me our tab was really far from reaching the minimum so get something good. I obliged. At one point I was double fisting Pappy 20 and 23. It was a good night.
tripperwill
AG
Are y'all hiring?!?!
BQRyno
AG
Had too many beers and lunch and dropped way too much at Specs and Total Wine on my way home. Peerless Rye, Whitmeyer's Harvey's Remnants, Basil Hayden's Dark Rye, Widow Jane 10, OF1920, and IW Harper 15. I'm glad my wife doesn't notice how many bottles are on the shelf anymore...
CharlieBrown17
AG
Struggling through an online class with a pour of OGD114 right now. Not the greatest thing in the world but I'm definitely enjoying it for the price. Really like the spice in the palate and cinnamon warmth in the finish
plowboy1065
S
CharlieBrown17 said:

Struggling through an online class with a pour of OGD114 right now. Not the greatest thing in the world but I'm definitely enjoying it for the price. Really like the spice in the palate and cinnamon warmth in the finish

What? OGD114 is some damn good juice and very underrated
CharlieBrown17
AG
I don't know if I'd call it underrated since it's always mentioned in the best underrated bourbon lists it seems.

It's good for sure, I was struggling through the class not the OGD
John Francis Donaghy
OGD114 is one of my favorites, and probably the best cocktail bourbon on the market. Might have to stop and grab a bottle or two after work tomorrow.
John Francis Donaghy
Follow up: only knock on 114 is lack of age. But if you bump up to Basil Hayden, you get the extra age, but only 80 proof. Is there anything in the OGD line that has Basil Hayden-like age at 100+ proof?
FriedTex
AG
I wonder what the results would be if putting it in a mini barrel for a couple months
John Francis Donaghy
FriedTex said:

I wonder what the results would be if putting it in a mini barrel for a couple months

I've wondered that myself. I have a wheater in my barrel at the moment, but I'm thinking a batch of 114 might be in order when this batch is done.
plowboy1065
S
plowboy1065
S
John Francis Donaghy said:

Follow up: only knock on 114 is lack of age. But if you bump up to Basil Hayden, you get the extra age, but only 80 proof. Is there anything in the OGD line that has Basil Hayden-like age at 100+ proof?

Old Forester 1920?
BQRyno
AG
BQRyno said:

Any of you folks around Houston want to play poker Saturday evening (1/27)? I'm smoking a prime brisket and have about a dozen guys so far coming over for a 20 dollar game. I'm in Rosenberg, so may be a drive for some of you. If there's any interest I can post my email.
Anyone in for poker on 2/24? Same details as before - 20 dollar game, one rebuy, bbq, and around 50 bottles of whiskey I like to share... AlaskanAg? Third Cost?

AlaskanAg99
AG
I'm out this month at a wedding. I had to cancel my Feb game as well so I've got the itch, but the timing isn't working out.

Maybe next month. Thanks for remembering.
Post removed:
by user
John Francis Donaghy
plowboy1065 said:

John Francis Donaghy said:

Old Forester 1920?

The OGD/Basil Hayden line is Suntory Beam. Old Forester is a Brown Foreman line.

Don't get me wrong, I have an open bottle of the 1920, and like it, but it's not as rye heavy as the OGD line.
schmellba99
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

agcrock2005 said:

How many are you looking for? Have a buddy in the liquor business and they age some of their tequilas in bourbon barrels

holy crap that sounds disgusting
It is far from it, actually very good.
RenoAg
Just opened a bottle of RHF. Been about a year since I've had some. Nice pour. Forgotten how similar it seems to Blantons. Just slightly higher proof.
AlaskanAg99
AG
RenoAg said:

Just opened a bottle of RHF. Been about a year since I've had some. Nice pour. Forgotten how similar it seems to Blantons. Just slightly higher proof.

A recent find? I still need a backup bottle.
BQRyno
AG
Right? I've only had one bottle, and I had to buy it secondary.
RenoAg
I opened a 2015 bottle I stumbled across in the wild back then. I've got 1 other bottle that's a 2016 that I bought at a store for $65. Felt like I overpaid at the time. So I left a bottle on the shelf. Kinda regret not buying it too. At least it's less than secondary these days. I haven't seen another bottle of RHF on a shelf since. That was probably fall of 2016 but I forget exactly. Had a few pours since then!
Credible Source
AG
I found a bunch this year, saw when they were dropping by watching the secondary pages, everything hits up north first (except Weller) and bought like 6 bottles. I've got a stock pile now.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Carl Hungus said:

I found a bunch this year, saw when they were dropping by watching the secondary pages, everything hits up north first (except Weller) and bought like 6 bottles. I've got a stock pile now.

So....hook an Aggie up? You're in Austin, right? I'll be in Greene this weekend.
Credible Source
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Carl Hungus said:

So....hook an Aggie up? You're in Austin, right? I'll be in Greene this weekend.

You sure about that? What do you have in trade?
AlaskanAg99
AG
My plan was to drive to Austin to see a friend for his 40th birthday before a wedding later that day. However, I shouldn't make any plans because I don't know what other obligations I may have.

You see, I was on bourbon last night and at the time it was a brilliant idea. In the muggy gray light of morning I probably won't have time.
blideus
AG
Howdy! I'm new to the forums, and I really just joined to ask this important question:

My husband's 30th birthday is around the corner and he's been trying to find a bottle of Blanton's and keeps striking out. I'd love to find some to surprise him if anyone knows of any in the Houston area that's popped up recently. We're south of Houston. Any advice would be appreciated!
Sixdrakes
AG
blideus said:

Howdy! I'm new to the forums, and I really just joined to ask this important question:

My husband's 30th birthday is around the corner and he's been trying to find a bottle of Blanton's and keeps striking out. I'd love to find some to surprise him if anyone knows of any in the Houston area that's popped up recently. We're south of Houston. Any advice would be appreciated!
Call all the mom and pop liquor stores within a 30 minute drive from where you live or work. I am willing to bet one of them will have a bottle. You will have to pay $59.99 - $79.99 for it though.
htxag09
AG
I have a bottle I'll sell you for msrp + tax if you can't find one. I'm in central houston.
agcrock2005
AG
htxag09 said:

I have a bottle I'll sell you for msrp + tax if you can't find one. I'm in central houston.

Didn't even ask to see her boobs...nice job sir. This thread is so different from other parts of Texags. I like boobs though FWIW.
plowboy1065
S
blideus said:

We have rules here and you must follow Rule #1
AlaskanAg99
AG
Sixdrakes said:

blideus said:

Call all the mom and pop liquor stores within a 30 minute drive from where you live or work. I am willing to bet one of them will have a bottle. You will have to pay $59.99 - $79.99 for it though.

Sometimes calling isn't enough but call enough and you may strike gold. I'm seeing it at $70 retail now. My wife's favorite so I get it for her. I enjoy it but gimmie some RHF.

I think I also have a spare at $70+tax...but I'm way west of Houston.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

I enjoy it but gimmie some RHF.
I can't find it in DFW. Really want to land a bottle.
Fall92
AG
Same here. In Houston.
jh0400
AG
I've been looking for RHF for a while with no luck. Took me months to find a Blanton's, so maybe I'm just not very good at this.
First Page Last Page
Page 304 of 1107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.