Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,871,098 Views | 38725 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by trouble
Wheatables02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agcrock2005 said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

It's a BT productive Never had on Mashbill #2.
Just when I think I'm starting to understand bourbon I see something like this. No clue what this means.
http://bourbonr.com/blog/updated-buffalo-trace-distillery-mash-bills/
John Francis Donaghy
agcrock2005 said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

It's a BT productive Never had on Mashbill #2.
Just when I think I'm starting to understand bourbon I see something like this. No clue what this means.

I'm guessing it's an autocorrect of "product I've never had of Mashbill #2".
AlaskanAg99
AG
Fat finger. It's a Buffalo Trace product using Mashbill #2.
aTm '99
Ezra Brooks
AG
Why is there no mention of it on the Buffalo Trace Distillery website?
AlaskanAg99
AG
I have no idea. It's all smoke and mirrors for branding purposes.

aTm '99
AggieChemist
AG
aggiemike89
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

How difficult is to find Hancock's Bourbon? It's a BT productive Never had on Mashbill #2. I'd like to give it a whirl.
I've seen quite a few lately. Let me circle back around next week to where I've seen it and I can pick up a bottle if you want? Ship it to you for C+S.
aggiemike89
AG
AggieChemist said:

A crotch shot. Retail or secondary?
AggieChemist
AG
aggiemike89 said:

AggieChemist said:

$150
aggiemike89
AG
AggieChemist said:

aggiemike89 said:

AggieChemist said:

$150
Congrats. That's awesome. Now open that bad boy and enjoy the juice.
Credible Source
AG
AggieChemist said:

aggiemike89 said:

AggieChemist said:

$150

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Farmer1906
AG
AggieChemist said:

aggiemike89 said:

AggieChemist said:

$150
Can you get another?
Credible Source
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AggieChemist said:

aggiemike89 said:

AggieChemist said:

$150
Can you get another?
Jrod05
AG
Passed on Thomas Handy (2016) and EC23 (2016) at the same store that had the EC12 stated bottles for 31 bucks. Let him no thanks not interested in them at those prices, he laughed and said someone will be..... He wanted 390 for Handy and 250 for EC23. He also had ETL for 100.... nope nope nope
Ringo88
AG
Hancock's Presidential Reserve is a BT product bottled for stores, most notably Total Wine. Their locations all received cases of it recently; you'll find it sitting on the shelves. It's the bottle the employees steer disappointed Pappy hunters towards. That's it's purpose, a consolation prize. Decent juice nonetheless.

On the inflated pricing....use a spreadsheet this year on your purchases. If you can walk into a store cold and pay retail+ for the Handy, what price is REALLY a bad deal if you didn't have to spend a dime on other stuff just to get your "store spend" up? This is the balancing act in pricing where some store owners miss the boat; $250 isn't really bad in the grand scheme of things, but $400 is full secondary. The store owner makes a couple extra hundred on the bottle, but then loses the year-round spending of enthusiast customers. Lower sales means lower allocations next year. They're eventually bitten by their own greed.
Jrod05
AG
oh I get it on the higher bourbons, I have paid secondary before I really knew much. This store recently lost his republic rep so he wont be getting this again. He has been telling me about the TH for a year. would probably go down but I still have some left so I didn't want to pay secondary it will still be there if I change my mind but not sure I will. So if anyone wants it, he has it in leander.
Farmer1906
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Farmer1906 said:

AggieChemist said:

aggiemike89 said:

AggieChemist said:

$150
Can you get another?

If you don't ask, you'll never know.
Wheatables02
AG
Jrod05 said:

Passed on Thomas Handy (2016) and EC23 (2016) at the same store that had the EC12 stated bottles for 31 bucks. Let him no thanks not interested in them at those prices, he laughed and said someone will be..... He wanted 390 for Handy and 250 for EC23. He also had ETL for 100.... nope nope nope

250 for ec23 is only about $75 over. Not bad if its your bag.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Thanks for the info Hancock. I've got a meeting downtown today so I can check out Smith Specs, and then hit Total Wine on my way home. That and McKenna 10 are the 2 I'm looking for now.
aTm '99
Jrod05
AG
How is Yamazaki 12?

@wheatables02- thanks for that I was thinking EC23 was around 150 retail. Maybe I will grab it I do like the 12 year. Damnit my wife hates this time of the year.
claybot
AG
OFBB hit Total Wine in Dallas today. I had a feeling it might, and went in the store at 10:25 this morning. "Nope, not today. All we have is this Eagle Rare." I go into the office and at 11:10 they post on their Facebook page that there are 6 bottles of OFBB. I haul ass back up 75 and walk in the store at 11:25. It was gone. Sold the last bottle at 11:23. Don't know if the guy lied to me or genuinely didn't know they had a case sitting there at 10:25. Either way I'm pretty bummed as my son was born a couple months ago and I really want this bottle to celebrate. Oh well, I'll keep trying!
Post removed:
by user
Credible Source
AG
I got two last night, today is my birthday. I'm raging tonight!
Credible Source
AG
third coast.. said:

C+S?

Post removed:
by user
BQRyno
AG
How did everyone know it was hitting the stores last night/this morning? Didn't see anything about it in the bourbon facebook groups I'm in.
FTAG 2000
AG
Had the same experience this morning. Called TW, no BB, then twenty minutes later it's on Facebook.

Was feeding baby 2K while mom rested and missed out.
Credible Source
AG
I saw it dropping up north weeks ago, and started annoying the **** out of liquors stores for weeks until they were like "dude, it should be here tomorrow"
BQRyno
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Thanks for the info Hancock. I've got a meeting downtown today so I can check out Smith Specs, and then hit Total Wine on my way home. That and McKenna 10 are the 2 I'm looking for now.

Did you find the McKenna 10? I picked the last one up at the Smith Specs just now, but I'll sell it to you at cost if you can't find one. I've heard good things but never had it to know what I'm missing.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Ha. You bought the one I left. I have 1 with me now. I'll get into it later tonight.
aTm '99
Fall92
AG
Are y'all talking about the McKenna 10 year BIB w the green label?
Ringo88
AG
BTAC has hit the southeast; Stagg and Handy in stores now. Parker's and OFBB hit the past two weeks.

People at Total don't know squat what's coming in until it comes out on the floor. Their Mgmt structure is changing for the worse; knowledgeable oldtimers being pushed out for younger, cheaper rule followers. No holds for regular customers, no relationships, just put the product on the shelf.
Post removed:
by user
BQRyno
AG
At this time of year, do y'all just go to every store you can between 10 and 11 and cross your fingers?
First Page Last Page
Page 268 of 1107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.