Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,852,221 Views | 38542 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by HouseDivided06
tripperwill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone ever participated in the Megabollz Facebook raffles? How does it work?
Cowboy Curtis
AG
It's a lotto and odds are not good, so just buy the bottle you desire at secondary market price.
RenoAg
Yes. Taken for what it is (purely gambling) it can be fun. They use the lottery draws to determine the winner. For example the Powerball lottery draws a powerball from numbers 1-26. So whoever is raffling a bottle using powerball has people select a number(s) between 1 and 26 at a price per number selected. Only one person can have each number. Whoever owns the number matching the powerball for that draw wins the bottle. Really a simple concept.
Fall92
AG
Celebrating the win tonight with some ETL.
Ducks4brkfast
Mr. McGibblets
AG
I have won 3 bottles

FR 125th
PVW 23yr Decanter
2016 PVW 23yr
Mr. McGibblets
AG
YEA BUDDY!!!
Mr. McGibblets
AG
I think it was resonaable. Low end is 6750 and high end has been 9500. So we shall see my dude.
Post removed:
by user
agcrock2005
AG
Fall92 said:

Celebrating the win tonight with some ETL.

Really want to get some of that. Anyone know of some in dfw?
Fall92
AG
Lucked into a W12 at my local mom and pop. I felt guilty for paying only $29.99. Also picked up another bottle of Redemption Wheated. Highly recommend if you like W12. It may actually be better.
John Francis Donaghy
Fall92 said:

Lucked into a W12 at my local mom and pop. I felt guilty for paying only $29.99. Also picked up another bottle of Redemption Wheated. Highly recommend if you like W12. It may actually be better.

I'll have to check out the Redemption. What price is to be expected for it?

And W12 normal pricing is about $26, so $29.99 is just about right for a mom and pop. No reason to feel guilty for paying the normal price.
Fall92
AG
Redemption Wheated is about $40 or so. I'm not sure how hard it is to find but my local place has had it twice now even though it's Batch 001.
Aggiejue
AG
I grabbed a 750 W12 from Specs for $21.99 last week.
Aggiejue
jh0400
AG
My analysts bought me a bottle of Whistlepig 10 Specs Store Pick for my birthday. I'm looking forward to trying it as I've generally been impressed with the Whistlepig varieties that I've had.
FTAG 2000
AG
For north Dallas 'burb folks, the TW at 121/Preston got a nice Buffalo Trace related shipment in today.

Customer Service - Blanton and 750/1.75L Eagle Rare 10 (limit one pp for all three of those)

WSR and BT back on the bourbon aisle.

Good luck.
FriedTex
AG
It's the little things that matter these days - got 2 OF1920 for 44 a piece
AlaskanAg99
AG
Drinking a Whitmeyers blue label. Yes, this is resourced KY juice. It's also pretty good. And their in house bourbon is better. Crazy caramel and tobacco nose on their white labels.

Jumping on the bandwagon for a Houston distillery. Yellow Rose is garbage but Whitmeyers shows a lot of promise.
aTm '99
John Francis Donaghy
AlaskanAg99 said:

Drinking a Whitmeyers blue label. Yes, this is resourced KY juice. It's also pretty good. And their in house bourbon is better. Crazy caramel and tobacco nose on their white labels.

Jumping on the bandwagon for a Houston distillery. Yellow Rose is garbage but Whitmeyers shows a lot of promise.
Nothing wrong with sourced juice. I do get annoyed when people try to pass off sourced stuff as their own, but other than that, good bourbon is good bourbon.

Are they doing like Smooth Ambler and separating their sourced line from their in-house line branding-wise?
plowboy1065
S
Their place is only about 10 min from my office and it's on my list to drop in and check it out
BQRyno
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Their place is only about 10 min from my office and it's on my list to drop in and check it out
You won't regret it. Great folks there, good little place to stop by, hang out, and watch a game. Be ready to drop 90 bucks on their distillery only white label. If you go this week, they'll probably still have some of their "Christmas barrel" which is supposed to be great.
aad03
AG
Never been a fan of Texas whiskeys, since so few actually distill. I'm going to a fancy dinner in a few weeks that is pairing a Balcones whiskey with each course. Are they distilling all of their own whiskey? Or do they just buy from somewhere else and mix in a little something, like Rebecca Creek? I don't want to support a non-distilling producer.
Class of '03
AlaskanAg99
AG
AFAIK only the Blue Label is sourced, Single Barrel (I think). They do age it themselves and it's kept separate from their own juice. They do distill a variety of items and their in house bourbon is all white label.

So it's very easy to enjoy their own product without buying anything sourced. They do vodka, gin and other...no rum yet.

They don't have a lot of tasting hours open to the public.
aTm '99
Fall92
AG
I accidentally bought a bottle of Baby Blue instead of True Blue and it was awful. Smells like tequila too.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Stan Crowch
AG
Just picked up a bottle of FR Al Young in Austin.
Credible Source
AG
Stan Crowch said:

Just picked up a bottle of FR Al Young in Austin.

Bro where?!?
Ammonite
I am relatively new to the Whiskey/Scotch/Bourbon scene.

Right bow I am sipping on some W.L. Weller, I have some Buffalo Trace in the cabinet, and I had a glass of Macallan 12 scotch last night when I read the SEC news.

That is about my extent so any more suggestions are welcome.
plowboy1065
S
Ammonite said:

Right bow I am sipping on some W.L. Weller, I have some Buffalo Trace in the cabinet, and I had a glass of Macallan 12 scotch last night when I read the SEC news.

Start here on Page 1 and report back when you reach Page 267
John Francis Donaghy
Ammonite said:

Someone asked the same question just a few pages back, maybe 3 or 4. There are a number of helpful responses about bourbon there.

There is a scotch thread hanging out somewhere on the food board, although it doesn't get nearly the traffic this thread gets, and it tends to fall a few pages back. Post your scotch questions there and you should get at least a couple responses. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it, so you should at least get a response from me if nothing else.
schmellba99
AG
aad03 said:

Never been a fan of Texas whiskeys, since so few actually distill. I'm going to a fancy dinner in a few weeks that is pairing a Balcones whiskey with each course. Are they distilling all of their own whiskey? Or do they just buy from somewhere else and mix in a little something, like Rebecca Creek? I don't want to support a non-distilling producer.
Whitmeyer's distills some of their own, sources others.

The blue label you buy at Spec's or wherever is sourced whiskey out of KY that Whitmeyer's ages in their barrels at their warehouse. On the back of the label it states that plain as day.

The white label that you get at the distillery is distilled, aged and bottled in Houston.

Don't know about Yellow Rose or any of the others outside of Garrison Brothers, which is distilled, aged and bottled at their place over in Fredericksburgh.
AlaskanAg99
AG
How difficult is to find Hancock's Bourbon? It's a BT productive Never had on Mashbill #2. I'd like to give it a whirl.
aTm '99
Wheatables02
AG
Not terribly hard if you check into stores a lot. I typically see it about twice a year and stores may have one or two of them. Easier than ETL and RHF in my opinion which are the same mash bill.
agcrock2005
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

It's a BT productive Never had on Mashbill #2.
Just when I think I'm starting to understand bourbon I see something like this. No clue what this means.
First Page Last Page
Page 267 of 1102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.