Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,870,655 Views | 38717 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by GarlandAg2012
aggielostinETX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thoughts?

Also picked up the Tin Cup 10 Year to try.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
HouseDivided06
AG
I picked one up a couple weeks ago and really enjoy it. Very smooth and easy to drink with lots of flavor.
Ringo88
AG
Michters just released the updated version of that this week, a "Toasted Rye" with green label. It's everywhere in ATL. So is ECBP. It's all about to drop here.
Credible Source
AG
agcrock2005 said:

FriedTex said:

I'm in Indianapolis- so no clue. If blantons ever gets hard to fine let me know bc there's always available bottles up here. Trade though - no c+s

Blantons is very hard to find now in both Austin and DFW. Not sure about the rest of TX though. Anyone I ask almost laughs at me. What's c+s? So many acronyms on this thread.

The guys that laugh are stupid. They just don't get much Blantons and think no one else does either. I can buy Blantons any day of the week all year long. I have like a dozen untouched because I thought the gravy train would end when a I first found it. It hasn't. Just keep looking, it's there.
Ringo88
AG
Agree. Blantons hit out here, too. I got one in a box only to give away at Christmas.
aggielostinETX
AG
10 year Tin Cup...

haven't cracked it yet

AggieKatie2 said:
tripperwill
AG
What do y'all know about any of the AD Law bourbons?
oldarmy84
AG
Had a taste.....Really nice pour....The Michter's....not TinCup
aggielostinETX
AG
which one?

AggieKatie2 said:
oldarmy84
AG
Never have tasted the 10 year Tin Cup.....Had the regular TinCup and wasn't overly impressed
aggielostinETX
AG
regular TinCup is run of the mill bourbon.

AggieKatie2 said:
oldarmy84
AG
Picked up a few new Bourbon's for my home bar today.........Old Forester Statesman (released last month), Few (from Evanston, Illinois, have heard good things about it) and Woodford Double Oaked (had many times but, didn't have at the house). Also bought Corsair Triple Smoke (American Whiskey, from Nashville), and some Jefferson Reserve Ocean (Voyage 11)

Tried all but the Corsair and Woodford Double Oaked this evening.......All are pretty close in proof 90-95. Aroma's was won by Few with a sweet caramel (Ocean wasn't quite as nice, and Statesmen was astringent). First taste was again won by Few followed by Jefferson Ocean and OF Statesmen last (Few just had a wonderful mouth feel, Ocean wasn't far behind and OF Statesmen had the Kentucky "Hug", but finished very thin). Second taste was a little better for OF Statesmen, but Few and Ocean were far better.

Price Point......Few about $40; Ocean $60 and OF Statesmen $45

Winner......Few; The Illinois Bourbon, especially for the price

These prices were at a liquor store sale for $1 over cost
plowboy1065
S
If anyone is wanting a GTS, this may be your year to luck out.

http://www.breakingbourbon.com/buffalo-trace-antique-collection-2017-fact-sheet.html
John Francis Donaghy
plowboy1065 said:

If anyone is wanting a GTS, this may be your year to luck out.

http://www.breakingbourbon.com/buffalo-trace-antique-collection-2017-fact-sheet.html
oldarmy84
AG
Good News
Ringo88
AG
I saw that last week and thought it was a typo. Larue will be plentiful, too, which is a good thing.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Thats a huge number of GTS bottles this year! Very good news indeed.
Wheatables02
AG
hoping to get my first WLW this year...
Fall92
AG
Had some ER17 at dinner last night. Did not disappoint. Was shocked they were trying to charge $100 a pour for ORVW. Had some in The Woodlands 3 months ago for $10 a pour.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Farmer1906
AG
Fall92 said:

Had some ER17 at dinner last night. Did not disappoint. Was shocked they were trying to charge $100 a pour for ORVW. Had some in The Woodlands 3 months ago for $10 a pour.
Donde?
Ringo88
AG
Hunting season is open. Just landed my first bottle of OFBB and another ECBP. Yikes, I was hoping to get a little more work done in September before this all started.
oldarmy84
AG
Would love to hear a review of the OFBB for 2017. I haven't seen it yet to purchase locally for me (Maryland)
Post removed:
by user
plowboy1065
S
Texas?
oldarmy84
AG
I was at the liquor store (Maryland) yesterday for a dollar over cost sale and the high end bourbon manager told me that he wouldn't see OFBB until sometime mid-Oct.
Credible Source
AG
Ringo88 said:

Hunting season is open. Just landed my first bottle of OFBB and another ECBP. Yikes, I was hoping to get a little more work done in September before this all started.

What city?
AggieBuck, meal credit, cash, outbound?
Post removed:
by user
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

I need one to lock away this year as we are about to have another kid.

Another one? Didn't you JUST have one within last couple months?
Post removed:
by user
Fall92
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Fall92 said:

Donde?
Hubbell y Hudson. I have to think that was a mistake. I had two 2 oz. pours and there wasn't much left in that bottle so he gave me another oz./oz. and a half for free. So between 5-6 oz. of ORVW for $20. Had a great meal there too on top of that.
Farmer1906
AG
Fall92 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Fall92 said:

Donde?
Hubbell y Hudson. I have to think that was a mistake. I had two 2 oz. pours and there wasn't much left in that bottle so he gave me another oz./oz. and a half for free. So between 5-6 oz. of ORVW for $20. Had a great meal there too on top of that.
I assume Bistro and Cureight? Not Kitchen?
Fall92
AG
Correct.
dmart90
AG
A while back, I met the owner of Fire Oak Distillery out of Liberty Hill at the Spec in Round Rock. He's an Ag. They were letting folks sample their Vodka (wife liked it, I'm not a vodka guy). He told me they would be releasing a bourbon later this year. Well, we stopped in Avery Ranch Wine and Spirits Saturday night and it was on the shelf. It's not half bad. It's a little woody upfront and has some mild vanilla on the back followed by a little heat. Label says it's produced, aged, and bottled in Texas. May be the best Texas bourbon I've had...

Anyone else had it?

“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.

Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”— James Clear
agcrock2005
AG
Oh. Thought you were ahead of me. Just had our 2nd yesterday and got home tonight. 14 month old thought he was a cool new toy. Absolute **** show at my house tonight. I want to move out.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 260 of 1107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.