Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,857,602 Views | 38598 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ryeguy
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
third coast.. said:

both of my kids birthdays

Two things. Congrats on second kid. I believe you and I have kids around the same age...didn't you make an epic mistake like me and your kids are about 14 months apart? My first son turns 14 months on Monday and that's when son #2 arrives. Going to be a **** show!

Also, what is birthday bourbon?
plowboy1065
S
A fellow Ag (hey Will) has a spreadsheet of people looking for certain dates. When he sees something listed on a secondary site he'll give em a shout to let them know ones available
Post removed:
by user
John Francis Donaghy
agcrock2005 said:

third coast.. said:

Two things. Congrats on second kid. I believe you and I have kids around the same age...didn't you make an epic mistake like me and your kids are about 14 months apart? My first son turns 14 months on Monday and that's when son #2 arrives. Going to be a **** show!

Also, what is birthday bourbon?

Old Forester Birthday Bourbon, often abbreviated to OFBB when discussed online.

Somewhat rare, but findable for someone willing to put in a little effort.
agcrock2005
AG
I'm trying to prep myself but I know it won't help. The 14 month old drives me bonkers. Can't even imagine the disaster that's about to happen. At least you get to travel. Wish I could go back to consulting 4 days a week until they're about 10 and 9!
agcrock2005
AG
Cool. Thanks. Will check it out.
plowboy1065
S
agcrock2005 said:

I'm trying to prep myself but I know it won't help. The 14 month old drives me to drinking Bookers. Can't even imagine the disaster that's about to happen. At least you get to travel. Wish I could go back to consulting 4 days a week until they're about 10 and 9!

FIFY
FTAG 2000
AG
plowboy1065 said:

A fellow Ag (hey Will) has a spreadsheet of people looking for certain dates. When he sees something listed on a secondary site he'll give em a shout to let them know ones available

That's some seriously good bull. How do we get on that?
Credible Source
AG
AG 2000' said:

plowboy1065 said:

Also interested
BQRyno
AG
Carl Hungus said:

AG 2000' said:

plowboy1065 said:

Also interested
In addition to this, if you get on the Bourbon Secondary Market Facebook group, there's a spreadsheet with Blanton's dates people are looking for.
claybot
AG
agcrock2005 said:

third coast.. said:

14 months
Just had our second right after the first kid's 2nd birthday ... and I thought we were quick haha!

So I'm after the OFBB this year too.
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
third coast.. said:

NASA liquor in Texas city has a couple bottles of yippee ki yay for 68 a pop
Post removed:
by user
FriedTex
AG
Always a good day when the local store calls about having ECBP
agcrock2005
AG
I'd like to get on this too! Thanks.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
FriedTex said:

Always a good day when the local store calls about having ECBP

Indeed it is.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Does this happen to be coming through DFW right now? Never tried the ECBP but would really like to snag a bottle!
FriedTex
AG
I'm in Indianapolis- so no clue. If blantons ever gets hard to fine let me know bc there's always available bottles up here. Trade though - no c+s
agcrock2005
AG
FriedTex said:

I'm in Indianapolis- so no clue. If blantons ever gets hard to fine let me know bc there's always available bottles up here. Trade though - no c+s

Blantons is very hard to find now in both Austin and DFW. Not sure about the rest of TX though. Anyone I ask almost laughs at me. What's c+s? So many acronyms on this thread.
Farmer1906
AG
agcrock2005 said:

So many acronyms on this thread.
Señor Chang
AG
C+S is cost plus shipping, not price gouging on it.
FriedTex
AG
I've always liked the idea of swapping what is more available around different parts of the country with one another. Just like coast popping in to random stores and finding W12 or when I was in Sioux Falls and saw more EHTBP than I thought is possible. Shipping is a hassle for just straight c+s so I'm down for trading
Robert C. Christian
AG
Seor Chang said:

C+S is cost plus shipping, not price gouging on it.

Thanks, always wondered what that meant!
aggiemike89
AG
FriedTex said:

I've always liked the idea of swapping what is more available around different parts of the country with one another. Just like coast popping in to random stores and finding W12 or when I was in Sioux Falls and saw more EHTBP than I thought is possible. Shipping is a hassle for just straight c+s so I'm down for trading
If EHTBP is that readily available in Soux Falls and you're back there soon, pick me up a bottle and I'll trade you. I have quite a bit to trade.
Post removed:
by user
Stan Crowch
AG
Couple of bottles of EC12 on the shelf at Premier fine wine and spirits off Yale as of 20 minutes ago.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Dang nice find on that age stated EC Small Batch! Love that stuff so much.
John Francis Donaghy
Is it sad that when I saw your picture earlier today, I saw the two age stated ECs, and didn't even notice the ducks until the second time I opened the thread just now, and said "holy ****, there's a bunch of dead ducks in that picture."

/bourbontunnelvision
RenoAg
Just saw a bottle of Elmer for $70. NW Htown. I passed on it. I have some at home already and that's not exactly a good price.
agcrock2005
AG
Went to two liquor stores this afternoon in colleyville looking for anything nice and didn't find anything from this thread.
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg
Found another bottle of Elmer at another store for $45 + tax. That one left with me! I don't really need it. I was really looking for RHF. I have the ETL set aside for someone already but if he don't want it I'll offer it up to any local Htown ag that wants it for my cost. I was pretty sure someone would want it. Worst case I bunker it.

Found a bottle of Blantons for $70 at another store but I left that there.
RenoAg
Welp. The guy I thought would want the ETL indeed wants it. Sorry for the Elmer tease. If I come across another one reasonably priced by today's standards I'll pick it up and offer it to the Htown crew here for my cost too.
Fall92
AG
Gotta say I was initially turned off to the barrel proofs BC of Stagg Jr but I've really enjoyed ECBP, EHTBP and OF1920.
First Page Last Page
Page 259 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.