Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,871,141 Views | 38727 Replies | Last: 46 sec ago by Lonestar-aught-six
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexAgg2004 said:

Ran across Whistlepig 12 yr Cask Finish and Whistlepig 15 yr this evening. Anybody have experience with either?
Wasn't a fan of their 10 or 12.
Credible Source
AG
Picked up a dusty bottle of old world in a tiny little town coming back from Port A yesterday, dude gave me a discount because he was excited someone wanted it. Interested to try it.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I like old world... I do not like the price of old world.

Man I'm a sucker for finished bourbon/rye. My latest obsession is this Filibuster Dual Cask store pick that my wife picked up for me in DC... gonna be sad when it's gone...
oldarmy84
AG
Picked up the Belle Meade Single Barrel Cask Strength, Sherry Cask and Madeira Cask as well while we were at the distillery......did not buy the Cognac Cask, just didn't hit my palate well. Probably should have bought more of the SB CS......not any burn at 103 proof. Haven't seen a CS that low.

Also stopped by a couple of other distilleries while we were in the Nashville area (Jack and Prichard's). I hadn't seen the Jack SB CS (129 proof) at my local stores (the tour guides said that very little of that makes it out of Tennessee, not sure if it's true, but I'll take him at his word). I brought a bottle of it home; very little burn for the high proof.

Really glad that the wife indulges me with all of the distillery visits that we make.
Post removed:
by user
Credible Source
AG
Where did you get that age stated Elijah Craig?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
third coast.. said:

been restocking some. also picked up a couple RHF and a couple more hancocks this weekend.

Hmm... I seen this pic in a fb group...
Post removed:
by user
Credible Source
AG
I'm an EC fan boy, and a genius.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
third coast.. said:

half the pics on this thread are also on fb groups

lol I'm not talkin smack, just acknowledging that we are in some of the same groups!
Fall92
AG
OF1920. PIcked up some 1897 last week and it's pretty damn good too.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
oldarmy84
AG
I love both of those OF's as well as the 1870.
HouseDivided06
AG
How's the Stateman? I have seen it a couple places and thought about grabbing one.
claybot
AG
I grabbed one but have not cracked it yet. I will report back once I do. Hope it's as good as the 1920!
Fall92
AG
I picked up a Statesmen two weeks ago. I really like it. More of a daily drinker though. Not as complex as the 1920 or the 1897. Been pretty impressed with the recent OF releases, including the Single Barrel, which is probably my least favorite of the bunch.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg
Hey third coast - where you find the RHF? Htown area? Just curious. I haven't seen any in quite a while. But I don't hunt near as much anymore either.
Post removed:
by user
Credible Source
AG
third coast.. said:

It was at a specs oddly enough
Fall92
AG
third coast.. said:

Found a 1L W12 today randomly. Also found an ETL but they wanted $75. Woof.
I'll take the ETL C&S/meet in Houston if you're up for it. Been trying to get one of those for a while.
Post removed:
by user
Fall92
AG
Will work something out. Appreciated if you can get it.
IBMs_Watson
I picked up a bottle of John J Bowman after seeing good reviews and that its BT mash bill #2.

Anyone here have opinions? Should I try and grab a second bottle for back-up or trading?
oldarmy84
AG
Have been to the Bowman distillery in Fredricksburg, Va. They make a quality product. I don't have any of their releases from this year, but I have last years John J. Bowman and the Small Batch Bowman Brothers. For the price point, they are a very enjoyable. If you get a chance to buy a bottle of their Abraham Bowman (a specialty bourbon), buy it, you won't be disappointed.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Fall92 said:

Will work something out. Appreciated if you can get it.
Fall92 - I just picked up a bottle of ETL for $75, including shipping, I can have sent direct from the seller to you, if you'd like.

Lemme know.....

Post removed:
by user
Fall92
AG
Ducks- that'll work. Will Pm you.
Third- thx anyhow.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
FTAG 2000
AG
General and somewhat controversial question -

The wife and I just had our first child (no rule 1 compliance), and I'd really like to pick something good and set aside for baby 2k's 21st birthday.

What would be a good recommendation? I've got a lot of stuff I enjoy but trying to figure out if something would really age well and be somewhat rare. Thoughts, comments, I'm an idiot for thinking it?

Ducks4brkfast
AG
Birthday Bourbon would be kewl
plowboy1065
S
Try to find a Blantons that dumped as close as possible to the birth date. I found one that was dumped 2 days after my son was born in 2015

Edit-actually I have 2 that were dumped 2 days after he was born. One for him when he's old enough and one for me to open
agcrock2005
AG
Where can you even get that now? I stumbled on one in colleyville a couple weeks ago but have been calling around Austin and DFW trying to find another for a buddy and it's nowhere.
First Page Last Page
Page 258 of 1107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.