Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,857,936 Views | 38598 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ryeguy
Brad_97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have you tried a batch B compared to the A? Wasn't sure which of the recents was considered better. Only had the A. Finally found my 138.8 as I traded a big boy W12 for a batch 8 & 10.
tx4guns
AG
I haven't compared them. Congrats on the ECBP!
John Francis Donaghy
ECBP is definitely a strong contender. I wouldn't want anything under barrel proof, because then I would never be able to have the flavor explosion of a barrel proofer again. So that would narrow it down to what? ECBP, Stagg Jr., Bookers, & EHTBP? Yeah, I think ECBP wins that race for me (with Stagg Jr. in a very close second).
jh0400
AG
EH Taylor Barrel Proof
Belle Meade Single Barrel
OF 1920
FriedTex
AG
EcBP - every time

Runners up

Noahs Mill
Stagg JR
MM Private Selection
Credible Source
AG
ECBP for me, but I haven't had the SFTB yet
agcrock2005
AG
Where do you get ECBP, specifically in D/FW?
Brad_97
AG
I haven't picked up any off the shelf in DFW proper. Total Wine has now and again up front and goes same day. I found a bottle of the A release between Dallas and Houston. Rest I've trade for, hooked up by a friend or found out of state.
aggielostinETX
AG
Am I correct in reading the TABC code that I can bring back 1 gallon(or 5 1/5th's of booze from th UK for personal use?)
HouseDivided06
AG
Quick anyone know price point on Michter's Barrel Strength limited release? At a specs that has it for $75. Worth it?
IBMs_Watson
That's a reasonable price. If you like high proof pours, it's worth a try IMO. I have a bottle of the rye and like it a lot.
HouseDivided06
AG
I grabbed it. It was the Michters Single Barrel Rye Limited Release. Figured it was worth a shot and I don't buy bottles over $50 too often. Also got a bottle of the Madeira Single Barrel for $65 which I poured when I got home. Great flavor
ftworthag02
AG
I always ask fw specs whiskey guy if he has anything special in the back and he brought out ecbp. Supposedly they won't have another shipment till around Christmas
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

Quick anyone know price point on Michter's Barrel Strength limited release? At a specs that has it for $75. Worth it?

Oh man. Grab it and go back and grab the rest. I'm super excited about this release, though I doubt I find a bottle...
Credible Source
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

HouseDivided06 said:

Oh man. Grab it and go back and grab the rest. I'm super excited about this release, though I doubt I find a bottle...
HouseDivided06
AG
Had a pour last night. It's pretty damn good. Now I haven't had any super hard to find bottles and I generally spend $40-$50 on a bottle, so my experience is not as vast. If you're in dallas, I found this at the Specs off NW HWY and 35. Random stop in after an afternoon at Elm Fork. They definitely had more in the back and one bottle in a glass case.
CrottyKid
AG
Any of you folks like Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream?
Alr3111
AG
We keep a bottle around. Really good mixed 2-1 with root beer.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

Had a pour last night. It's pretty damn good. Now I haven't had any super hard to find bottles and I generally spend $40-$50 on a bottle, so my experience is not as vast. If you're in dallas, I found this at the Specs off NW HWY and 35. Random stop in after an afternoon at Elm Fork. They definitely had more in the back and one bottle in a glass case.

Are you talkin about the barrel strength rye, or the barrel strength toasted finish rye?

The former is my favorite somewhat available rye by far, and the latter was JUST released!
HouseDivided06
AG
This is what I got

Just realized the picture I posted isn't working apparently. Will try again later, but I believe this is it.

https://www.drinkhacker.com/2016/05/20/review-michters-us-1-barrel-strength-straight-rye-2016/

FriedTex
AG
I don't have enough bourbon to deal with this ****
Credible Source
AG
I do, I've been dooms day prepping for this.
aggielostinETX
AG
I got into London after the liquor stores closed last night and left first thing this morning but I had my second pour our Blanton's Gold from the bar of this trip.

This stuff is unreal.

I scoured Chester for it and only found it a bar there.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Credible Source
AG
Just cracked open a bottle of Noah's mill. It's pretty good but I'm getting hints of cinnamon which is ood. Anyone else experienced this?
Buck Compton
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Just cracked open a bottle of Noah's mill. It's pretty good but I'm getting hints of cinnamon which is ood. Anyone else experienced this?
Noah's mill is actually known for a slight vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg taste if I remember correctly. Maybe I am mis-remembering because the last time I had some was around Thanksgiving.
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
Aggiejue
AG
I received a call for the 2017 Four Roses Small Batch 50 Anniversary Al Young. $165 MSRP.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Aggiejue said:

I received a call for the 2017 Four Roses Small Batch 50 Anniversary Al Young. $165 MSRP.

Buy it. If you don't want it buy it for me!

What part of the world are you in? Heard this had not hit Houston yet.
Post removed:
by user
BQRyno
AG
Aggiejue said:

Man I need to find a well-connected local store!
Aggiejue
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Aggiejue said:

Buy it. If you don't want it buy it for me!

What part of the world are you in? Heard this had not hit Houston yet.

I'm in San Antonio and supposedly only one was received.
SuperAg05
AG
Supposedly the entirety of the Houston market is only getting around 14 bottles. So if you have any chance to purchase it, do it!
Aggiejue
AG
Picked up my bottle and was told that they expected a case, but only received a single bottle. I would assume the entire San Antonio market received 6.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
That's awesome. Congrats man - let us know how it tastes!
TexAgg2004
AG
Ran across Whistlepig 12 yr Cask Finish and Whistlepig 15 yr this evening. Anybody have experience with either?
jh0400
AG
TexAgg2004 said:

Ran across Whistlepig 12 yr Cask Finish and Whistlepig 15 yr this evening. Anybody have experience with either?

I really like Whistle Pig Old World, but I have a hard time paying what they want for it. It's good, but the price is a little rich IMO.
First Page Last Page
Page 257 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.