Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,850,959 Views | 38527 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by Streetfighter 02
BeardofZeus01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do recall what they were asking for the R23?
Wheatables02
AG
cjaetzold said:

$119.99 at TW in DFW when I passed on it.
BeardofZeus01
AG
Thanks Wheat ... surely not $120 juice. R20/21 were good, but not that good.
John Francis Donaghy
OGD 114 is back on shelves. Just picked one up at a TW in DFW. I was starting to worry that the rumors about its return weren't going to pan out.
aggielostinETX
AG
God I love Blanton's....
Something about Skynyrd and bourbon...
John Francis Donaghy
Deats said:

God I love Blanton's....
I think Skynyrd calls more for a big ass jug of Evan Williams than a delicious glass of Blantons.

(Full disclosure: I just bought a big ass jug of Evan Williams, and am currently listening to Skynyrd.)
aggielostinETX
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

Deats said:

God I love Blanton's....
I think Skynyrd calls more for a big ass jug of Evan Williams than a delicious glass of Blantons.

(Full disclosure: I just bought a big ass jug of Evan Williams, and am currently listening to Skynyrd.)

It's a mix of stuff, the blue grass makes the Blantons allowed.
Credible Source
AG
Deats said:

God I love Blanton's....

Twenty minutes ago I was like, I'm not drinking tonight, I'm gonna rehydrate and go to bed at 10:30. Then Deats was all "Blantons is good" and I got up, poured a glass, and also mentally committed to finishing the bottle off and sneaking a new one in tomorrow and pretending it's the same one if my wife asks.
Ducks4brkfast
aggielostinETX
AG
I am trying to fininsh "s" so we can open "n" this weekend...
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Wheatables02 said:

cjaetzold said:

$119.99 at TW in DFW when I passed on it.

Yep this was the price here too
dmart90
AG
SuperAg05 said:

4R OBSQ is fantastic stuff.

That Bulleit Barrel Proof was supremely disappointing. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing special about it. Barrel proof blandness.
I was not overly impressed with Bulleit Barrel Proof. Some water helped open it up, but a lot of meh.

I need to open the OBSQ and give it a whirl. I've been really happy with all the other 4R Single Barrels I've tried...
“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.

Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”— James Clear
RenoAg
OBSQ is my favorite. Used to be OESK. I still have a few more 4R recipes to try.
tx4guns
AG
Just booked a trip to do the Bourbon Trail in September. Gonna be fun!
plowboy1065
S
tx4guns said:

Just booked a trip to do the Bourbon Trail in September and will be documenting everything for you guys here in the bourbon group. Will be taking lots of pictures and bringing home a few bottles for a give away. Gonna be fun!
FIFY
CrottyKid
AG
tx4guns said:

Woodford is my favorite. Hope you enjoy the Bluegrass. My family and I have really enjoyed it here.
bevokilla
AG
Bunker Hill Costco had 6 bottles of Stagg Jr for $50 a piece yesterday
jh0400
AG
These are technically Tennessee Whiskey, but they'll be here in a week or so.

AlaskanAg99
AG
Never heard of em.
aggiemike89
AG
tx4guns said:

I'll take a bottle of William Heaven Hill or Heaven Hill Select stock from the gift shop at HH.
jh0400
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Never heard of em.

http://www.greenbrierdistillery.com/first-108-release/

Chipotlemonger
AG
I really wanted some of that! Let us know how it is.
EnronAg
AG
There were a couple Stagg Jrs still available at the Costco on I-10 and Bunker Hill. Snagged a bottle myself for $49. Is that a pretty good price?
planoaggie123
AG
jh0400 said:

These are technically Tennessee Whiskey, but they'll be here in a week or so.

In-laws live in Nashville. Wen by the distillery a few weeks back. Brought home a few bottles of Belle Meade Bourbon (whiskey straight bourbon, single barrel cask strength and XO cognac bourbon).

The white whiskey was way too sweet for me. Think the FIL is going to get me some of the first release. I think they had the official release on the 3rd or 4th if I remember right.

Next year we will go to Kentucky and hit a few places up but this year I did not care to make the several hour trip so we kept it local.

Also got to sip on some Pappy 23 for the first (and second and third) times. Was amazing.
AlaskanAg99
AG
jh0400 said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Never heard of em.

http://www.greenbrierdistillery.com/first-108-release/

The history is interesting but it's 2yr old. The novelty of the recipe is intriguing, but they also used only 30gal barrels. I get the marketing to get revenue going.
AlaskanAg99
AG
20 mins later, I want one. Maybe a split bottle for a Houston share this fall during a game? Just for the novelty. RenoAg?
jh0400
AG
I don't know how much cash these guys need given it's the same distillery that does Belle Meade. They were kind of pricey at $60 for the gold and $40 for the green. I bought them for the novelty, but I get that $100 for 750 ml of two year old whiskey is borderline absurd.
RenoAg
AlaskanAg99 said:

20 mins later, I want one. Maybe a split bottle for a Houston share this fall during a game? Just for the novelty. RenoAg?

Why not? My expectations couldn't be lower so I can't be disappointed. LOL. It'll be out by the time I can get to you with your RY10 anyway.
Fall92
AG
Yamazaki? Talk to me...
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Wheatables02
AG
Fall92 said:

Yamazaki? Talk to me...
I didn't like the 12 because of the peat. I am not a scotch guy anymore and I don't like anything peaty. My friends think its fantastic though...
AlaskanAg99
AG
jh0400 said:

I don't know how much cash these guys need given it's the same distillery that does Belle Meade. They were kind of pricey at $60 for the gold and $40 for the green. I bought them for the novelty, but I get that $100 for 750 ml of two year old whiskey is borderline absurd.

Never mind. $100 for 2yr? GTFO, that's absurd. It's about as bad as the Cutwater Devils share at $120 for a 4yr. Sold at costco.
Fall92
AG
Thanks Wheat. My liquor store has one but would rather spend the $$ on other bottles.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
SouthTexasAg06
AG
My favorite BM product was a Single Barrel Store Pick Sherry from Lincoln Road Package Store in MS. If anyone goes to a MSU game in the future I recommend stopping by there, the guy who owns it has some great single barrel store picks.
Wheatables02
AG
SouthTexasAg06 said:

My favorite BM product was a Single Barrel Store Pick Sherry from Lincoln Road Package Store in MS. If anyone goes to a MSU game in the future I recommend stopping by there, the guy who owns it has some great single barrel store picks.
Headed through Hattiesburg on the way to FL next week. Will try and stop and report in.
dmart90
AG
plowboy1065 said:

tx4guns said:

Just booked a trip to do the Bourbon Trail in September and will be documenting everything for you guys here in the bourbon group. Will be taking lots of pictures and bringing home a few bottles for a give away. Gonna be fun!
FIFY
It's a long shot, but when you go to Four Roses and the gift shop, ask if they have any of the 2017 LE left - it's in the back, not out on the shelves. It's $159 in the gift shop. If they have two, get me one.

You're welcome in advance.
“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.

Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”— James Clear
First Page Last Page
Page 249 of 1101

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.