Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,866,653 Views | 38669 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Aggie Therapist
plowboy1065
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Heeeeeyyyyy there buddy!
AlaskanAg99
AG
I'm in and out of Denver and Colorado Springs this weekend. Any places to hunt? I'm with my wife who has a growing get appreciation for bourbon, so I can pop in and out of a few places as we drive north.
SuperAg05
AG
Bulleit Barrel Strength has hit shelves in Houston area Specs.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Mr. McGibblets said:

Well it was a little later than midnight...but she has made it home*

*for the time being

It seems that we are in another burbinzzz FB group together...
Wheatables02
AG
SuperAg05 said:

Got one last year from Kentucky. Good stuff. Four Roses type profile and may be their juice. Rumor is the Bulleit 10 Year is FR juice so it would make sense.
SuperAg05
AG
Wheatables02 said:

SuperAg05 said:

Got one last year from Kentucky. Good stuff. Four Roses type profile and may be their juice. Rumor is the Bulleit 10 Year is FR juice so it would make sense.

I saw it described as tasting like Four Roses Yellow Label mixed with Old Forester...at Barrel proof.

I have no idea if that sounds appealing.
Post removed:
by user
FriedTex
AG
Self identify yourself!

http://bourbonsippers.com/5-types-people-who-bunker-bourbon

Tx4guns seems to be #2
plowboy1065
S
Dang I meant to post this the other day. Ok I'll start. I'm more along the lines of Daily Drinker. I do have two bottles of Blanton's that was bottled 2 days after my son was born. One to give him either when he turns 21, or when he gets married. The other is my bottle to enjoy when I give him his.
Chipotlemonger
AG
From the article:

Quote:

Mr Morally Opposed doesn't believe in bunkering bourbon because bourbon was made for drinking and you shouldn't clear the shelf to stock your closet. He can be heard saying "you're the problem" and "I'm switching to rum."
tx4guns
AG
I'm all 5 types.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Picked up a Bullet Barrel. Saw a lot of Rethoric 21 @ $107.
John Francis Donaghy
Proud Mr. Morally Opposed here.

Although, I will admit to having some Age Stated Elijah Craig bunkered for myself. Hated to see that one go.
Wheatables02
AG
Ha! I've started buying more rum than bourbon!
AlaskanAg99
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

Proud Mr. Morally Opposed here.

Although, I will admit to having some Age Stated Elijah Craig bunkered for myself. Hated to see that one go.

You should be ashamed. Sell it to me.
Credible Source
AG
Mr Daily drinker here.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Mr Daily drinker here.

Cool post
FriedTex
AG
Maybe you didn't see the article he was responding to, context always helps us not make asses of ourselves
plowboy1065
S
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Carl Hungus said:

Mr Daily drinker here.

Cool post

Come on Meat get your head in the game
AlaskanAg99
AG
third coast.. said:

There's a store kind of South of Englewood that had tons of store picks. Every major distillery. They had michters barrelstrength rye for like $50 on sale. I should have bought them out. Its a massive store, but can't remember the name. Lots of wine as well. Not sure if that helps

Any idea of where this is?
TGoll09
AG
Finally had the opportunity to try THH for the first time today at lunch. Wow! I've never been a fan of ryes, but that might be the best whiskey I've ever tasted. Simply phenomenal. I'm also pretty sure I got under charged. I asked for the generous pour ($2 upcharge) but it only came out to like $19.
Credible Source
AG
FriedTex said:

Maybe you didn't see the article he was responding to, context always helps us not make asses of ourselves

Yeah, dick bag

Edit: not you, Nuke. Nuke is a dick bag.
RenoAg
TGoll09 said:

Finally had the opportunity to try THH for the first time today at lunch. Wow! I've never been a fan of ryes, but that might be the best whiskey I've ever tasted. Simply phenomenal. I'm also pretty sure I got under charged. I asked for the generous pour ($2 upcharge) but it only came out to like $19.

My experience is practically identical to yours. Never liked a rye til I tried Handy. I recommend paying for a pour of the Van Winkle rye if you see it. I think it is their best and only thing I recommend people pay to try from the vanwinkle offerings. Personally not a fan of Saz18. But also recommend Booker's rye too. Never tried a cheap rye I've liked - unlike bourbon.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
FriedTex said:

Bro... chill.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
RenoAg said:

TGoll09 said:

My experience is practically identical to yours. Never liked a rye til I tried Handy. I recommend paying for a pour of the Van Winkle rye if you see it. I think it is their best and only thing I recommend people pay to try from the vanwinkle offerings. Personally not a fan of Saz18. But also recommend Booker's rye too. Never tried a cheap rye I've liked - unlike bourbon.

That's a damn good Rye -- the best I've had. If you like ryes there are two that we recommend that aren't absolute unicorns:

1) Michters barrel strength
2) Russell's Reserve

Both solid, and both on shelves (although Michters is slightly harder to find)
tx4guns
AG
If you like bourbon, try Pikesville Rye. Very high corn content, and just yummy.
Post removed:
by user
Wheatables02
AG
third coast.. said:

i think maybe davidsons
Fall92
AG
Picked up an OF Single Barrel store pick at the Spec's on Weslayan in Houston over lunch. They also had several bottles of Michter's Rye.
TGoll09
AG
PSA for those of you down in Houston: Goody Goody at 2680 Hwy. 6 South is showing they have 12 1L bottles of OWA. Happy hunting!
SuperAg05
AG
Just a heads up: June 14th is National Bourbon Day so DRINK UP!!!
Credible Source
AG
SuperAg05 said:

Just a heads up: June 14th is National Bourbon Day so DRINK UP!!!

What great fortune, I'm hammered and have a reason.
plowboy1065
S
Dang I need to get home and belly up to my liquor cabinet
AlaskanAg99
AG
On one of the bourbon secondary markets a long time seller was busted for selling fakes. Thousands of dollars worth of bourbons. Some hardcore geeks watch ebay empty bottle listings, capture the ohotos, then keep an eye on the markets. Kinda crazy.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 243 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.