Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,858,105 Views | 38598 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ryeguy
tx4guns
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Glad I only got a midgrade bottle from him. Was not a fake. He was faking high end antiques.
Farmer1906
AG
tx4guns said:

Glad I only got a midgrade bottle from him. Was not a fake. He was faking high end antiques.

How sure can you be?
Wheatables02
AG
I haven't been in the groups the last few days on FB. I can read about it on a thread there I assume?
TGoll09
AG
The guy's last name is Priest. It's on several groups right now. This is why I try to avoid places like BSM, etc. The mods don't screen people, and shady stuff like this happens. I'm in a really good c+s group, and if I can't get something from there, I probably don't need it
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Vade281
AG
I've got a bottle of w12 that I want to unload. And probably a bunch of other partial bottles. Anyone in Dallas interested? I can get a list soon.
HouseDivided06
AG
I would like to be included on the list. My father-in-law has been wanting to get some W12 so I might take that for him depending on price, and I would definitely be interested in some partial bottles as well. Email is username at gmail.
Robert C. Christian
AG
You can add me to the list as well.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I would definitely be interested. Never tried it and have always wanted to.
Vade281
AG
Great >.> Now I have to remember how much I paid for stuff and find out what secondary prices are. I'm not going to charge secondary prices but it won't be at cost either if that's fair. Not trying to get rich, but I do have stuff I want to unload. I still think we should all do a bourbon tasting party one day!
tx4guns
AG
Because I've had it before, and I know what it tastes like. It was legit.
Vade281
AG
Ok I have a sealed bottle of w12, and barely touched bottles of rowans Creek, Noah's mill, and stagg jr. Maybe a shot or two taken from each to taste. I also have a bottle of Blanton's that's about half gone I can part with. I can send pics. My email is jayr281 at Gmail. I'll have to see where I want to price stuff later.
aggiemike89
AG
How far we've come that we're talking about allocated and hard to get W12. It saddens me.
Credible Source
AG
I'm not in a Dallas but I'll square you the money and pay shopping for the Stagg Jr and the Weller.
Vade281
AG
Sorry, I'm trying not to ship and do pick up only.

I have one email so far for the Blanton's and W12. I actually have two half bottles but one of the bottles I removed the label because it was soaking in a cooler and came off. Whoever wants to buy it is more than welcome to come to the house and I have other bourbons that you can taste as well, lol. Four Roses OESQ, I think, and a ECBP from a couple years ago.
jsn1986
AG
Specs in The Woodlands got W12 today. 2 left at the Rayford store.
dummble
AG
Any word on Atascocita?
jsn1986
AG
Spring Cypress and 249 has a few bottles and some Blantons as well. I got my bottle at Rayford so you guys have at it. Woodland Pkwy and Kuykendahl got some earlier today, but if you ask Karen may lie to you... she told me they didn't when I know they did.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Smiths Specs has it. But it's allocated via list, they called me today to let me know a bottle is reserved for me.
ftworthag02
AG
Just got a call from fw specs that I won a blantons and they happened to have 1 bottle of wl 12 left. Ready for the weekend
AlaskanAg99
AG
Lottery for Blantons? Damn. At this rate store's will only have Evan Williams left.
ftworthag02
AG
yup, lottery
TGoll09
AG
Today was a good day. I found a new hole in the wall store this week, and the owner ordered me some OWA that I picked up today. Then I found out that Weller 12 hit DFW today. I got one from Spec's in Westlake about 20 minutes ago. Might be one or 2 left if anyone is near there
AlaskanAg99
AG
The Specs list was 1 bottle/person. $27.79, use that to gauge if you're getting gouged elsewhere.
BQRyno
AG
Anyone else attending the whiskey dinner at Whitmeyer's in Houston this evening?
RenoAg
The 249 Spring Cypress Specs has one less handle of W12 now courtesy of yours truly. $52. Fyi they are not out on the shelf. Nor are they in the high dollar case. He kept them back in his office. I didn't ask if he had any other bottles. But since he offered me a choice in bottle size I will use my aggie intelligence to deduce he had at least one 750 ml back there too. They also have Rebel Yell 10 on the shelf for $42 if any of you were searching for that.
RenoAg
Nuke LaLoosh said:

RenoAg said:

TGoll09 said:

Finally had the opportunity to try THH for the first time today at lunch. Wow! I've never been a fan of ryes, but that might be the best whiskey I've ever tasted. Simply phenomenal. I'm also pretty sure I got under charged. I asked for the generous pour ($2 upcharge) but it only came out to like $19.

My experience is practically identical to yours. Never liked a rye til I tried Handy. I recommend paying for a pour of the Van Winkle rye if you see it. I think it is their best and only thing I recommend people pay to try from the vanwinkle offerings. Personally not a fan of Saz18. But also recommend Booker's rye too. Never tried a cheap rye I've liked - unlike bourbon.

That's a damn good Rye -- the best I've had. If you like ryes there are two that we recommend that aren't absolute unicorns:

1) Michters barrel strength
2) Russell's Reserve

Both solid, and both on shelves (although Michters is slightly harder to find)

Just picked up the only Michters Rye Barrel strength bottle I've seen around. Will try it out ..... maybe later tonight! HAHAHA.

There's a couple different kinds of Russell's Reserve ryes I've seen. A 6 year small batch I think. And a single barrel version. Are you recommending one of these? Or another expression of it (if it exists)?
RenoAg
Easy quick verdict. This Michters Rye Barrel strength is a one way ticket to deliciousness. Well worth the $75 price tag in my opinion. No idea if that was a fair price since it is the only one I've come across. Can't have been overpriced by much if it was. But I don't care if they got me for a few bucks. Superb juice! Thanks for the recommendation Nuke!
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
BQRyno said:

Anyone else attending the whiskey dinner at Whitmeyer's in Houston this evening?

I hope he does more of these, and I hope you picked up a bottle or two of the distillery only release si gel barrel...
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
RenoAg said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

RenoAg said:

TGoll09 said:

Finally had the opportunity to try THH for the first time today at lunch. Wow! I've never been a fan of ryes, but that might be the best whiskey I've ever tasted. Simply phenomenal. I'm also pretty sure I got under charged. I asked for the generous pour ($2 upcharge) but it only came out to like $19.

My experience is practically identical to yours. Never liked a rye til I tried Handy. I recommend paying for a pour of the Van Winkle rye if you see it. I think it is their best and only thing I recommend people pay to try from the vanwinkle offerings. Personally not a fan of Saz18. But also recommend Booker's rye too. Never tried a cheap rye I've liked - unlike bourbon.

That's a damn good Rye -- the best I've had. If you like ryes there are two that we recommend that aren't absolute unicorns:

1) Michters barrel strength
2) Russell's Reserve

Both solid, and both on shelves (although Michters is slightly harder to find)

Just picked up the only Michters Rye Barrel strength bottle I've seen around. Will try it out ..... maybe later tonight! HAHAHA.

There's a couple different kinds of Russell's Reserve ryes I've seen. A 6 year small batch I think. And a single barrel version. Are you recommending one of these? Or another expression of it (if it exists)?

Ya know... I've never actually seen the single barrel, it was the 6 year that I think is really good.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
RenoAg said:

Easy quick verdict. This Michters Rye Barrel strength is a one way ticket to deliciousness. Well worth the $75 price tag in my opinion. No idea if that was a fair price since it is the only one I've come across. Can't have been overpriced by much if it was. But I don't care if they got me for a few bucks. Superb juice! Thanks for the recommendation Nuke!

Yeah that's a fair price. It's grand, isn't it? I love the stuff.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
So today was fun. If you got some W12 congrats!

I got a handle and plan on making some good ol PMP with some OWA that I have.

For the record, I like OWA slightly better than W12... and I like them both better than many other bourbons that I have that cost way more. I'm definitely a wheater.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I was able to have a friend snag a bottle of W12 and some OWA for me today and plan on making some Poor Mans Pappy for the first time. Any recommendations outside of the 60/40 ratio and letting it meld together for a couple weeks?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
DallasAggie2012 said:

I was able to have a friend snag a bottle of W12 and some OWA for me today and plan on making some Poor Mans Pappy for the first time. Any recommendations outside of the 60/40 ratio and letting it meld together for a couple weeks?

All I've heard is 60/40 in a bottle of your choice and let it sit a few days
First Page Last Page
Page 244 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.