Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,866,960 Views | 38671 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by trouble
Wheatables02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't like Jefferson's Reserve however some of their cask finishes are pretty good. Not mind blowing good, but good.

I also have a Spec's Makers pick at 110.4 and I really, really like it. The recipe is something like 2 2 2 3 2. A lot of different flavors.
Credible Source
AG
Anybody know about Old Forrester Birthday? At the liquor store right now and they have some.
BeardofZeus01
AG
What are they asking for it? Heard 2016 is not a great year for OFBB but don't have any personal experience withbthe 2016 release. May be worth it for less than $100, but prob not worth secondary, $200+.
Credible Source
AG
Charging $125, which appears to be over retail by $50
Fall92
AG
Don't know if you're on the FB C&S page but if there's one/any leftover after third.coast, I'd like to get my hands on one.
Credible Source
AG
Fall92 said:

Don't know if you're on the FB C&S page but if there's one/any leftover after third.coast, I'd like to get my hands on one.

I'm not but sounds like a cool group!
tx4guns
AG
I like the OF1920 better than OFBB this year. 2013 and 2015 were pretty good. I got to try 2002 a couple months back, and it was good, but forgettable.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Any of these worth a purchase? Have seen em around recently:

Woodford Brandy cask
Woodford proprietary batch
Makers cask strength
Weller Special Reserve
Weller antique 107
Whistlepig Rye 10
Jim Beam signature craft quarter cask
Four roses small batch
Four roses single barrel

Nothing that seems earth shattering...
Chipotlemonger
AG
Four Roses single barrel is good.

Edit: not that the others all suck
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Shamelessly bought some blantons and a handle of EC12 for slightly over c+s...

Got tired of looking
aggiemike89
AG
Opened a 2016 bottle of WLW out of my bunker this weekend. Had my high school class reunion and decided to celebrate with some buddies. My first time to try it. It ranks right up there with GTS. What a glorious pour it is.
TGoll09
AG
Went out to total wine to C+S some BT bourbon cream to a friend. Lo and behold, there was one of my favorite bourbons, Rebel Yell 10, sitting on the shelf. I did a double take, because I almost walked right by it. Haven't seen any on shelves in months, so I figured it might be the 2017 release that's been promised. Nope, still 2016! Idk how they got any this late, but I'm sure glad they did. One of my favorite pours
TGoll09
AG
Agreed on 2016 WLW. Glorious
BeardofZeus01
AG
Makers CS and both 4R are good buys for the money IMO. I keep a bottle of MM CS opened and one bunkered. Never cared for WP or Weller much and haven't had the Woodfords or Beam listed.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
How many did ya get ol buddy?
Wheatables02
AG
how much was the handle of EC12? That's my favorite pour and I only have two handles left in the bunker....
Credible Source
AG
I went ahead and bought it, plus a few Blantons and willet Pot Still. I'll let you know if it's any good. My Blantons stash is getting epic.
BeardofZeus01
AG
sounds like a successful (expensive) trip!!
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Dammit son. I will pay you to just take me to this likka sto.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
More than a smart man would...
Credible Source
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Dammit son. I will pay you to just take me to this likka sto.

What up Nuke! Haven't conversed with you since the Varsity exodus. I'll take you there, but yeah it was an expensive day. I now have 7 unopened Blantons. I'm thinking of ordering some of the gold editions, not sure what the difference is, any input on that?

Just kidding, apparently we talk all the time, just sent you a friend request on FB.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Sumbltch. Never knew you were Hungus.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Still waiting on the fb invite...
Credible Source
AG
third coast.. said:

any with a dump date of 6/6/16? daughters bday

Want me to check?
Credible Source
AG
Ok i'll look in the AM, it's all in my safe room at the office.
plowboy1065
S
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Still waiting on the fb invite...

sorry Meat. Didn't even log in to FB yesterday. Will get it done this morning
AlaskanAg99
AG
If in Houston and you spot EC12 I'm always looking for more. By now it's probably all back label aged stated if any is around.
bonfiresmoke
Fall92 said:

Being nosey, what is the FB C&S page? I searched, but did not find anything.
Credible Source
AG
Sorry, no June dumps.
bevokilla
AG
BQRyno said:

bevokilla said:

BQRyno said:

Good to know. The one store I've spent the most time at because it's the closest independently owned just doesn't seem to get any good stuff. Their prices are all over the place too. Stagg Jr for 50 is about right while EH Taylor Single Barrel and Small Batch run 100, which is the highest I've ever seen it in a store. It may be time to find a new place to frequent.
First Choice on 99?

Ha! You nailed it. Know any alternatives around there? I'm going to check out the Total Wine they're putting in at 99 and Westpark once it opens, but would like to find a locally owned. Otherwise I'll start driving downtown to visit Ly's more often.
I called Total Wine this morning and they open on the 30th
Credible Source
AG
Long version? Sure why not. I own a company, and we moved into a new space recently. The finish out was pretty expensive and I was having a baby so when asked about closing in an area that was wasted space I balked because I was tired of spending money on sheetrock and paint. The wasted space exists between two rooms, and there are round metal beams that were installed after original construction for some kind of foundation shifting support. They are unsightly and my office manager told me to cover them up or it would bug me. She was right.

I had no use for another closet but I do have a gun buying problem that was coming to a head in my house with small children.

The wasted space has one wall that is concrete, and two large metal pillars, so I had a closet built with metal framing on 6" centers, a key fob entrance that only I possess, and a closed circuit camera and alarm separate from the main alarm.

Then I labeled it a utility closet, closed the office at 12 on a Friday and moved a big ass superior safe in there while everyone was gone and bolted it to the floor. It now houses my guns, bourbon, scotch, and all my hunting gear. Oh and the company check book, because business expense.
First Page Last Page
Page 230 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.