Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,872,034 Views | 38742 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by trouble
FriedTex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ECBP in for the Ags beating the **** out of auburn
Wheatables02
AG
Good idea! Had makers mark private stock and onto russell's reserve now!
John Francis Donaghy
Stagg Jr. for an SECW road win!
FriedTex
AG
Bookers ..... I'm drunk ballz
Wheatables02
AG
Just cracked my EHT BP for the win!!
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Had an 8 hour exam today and have been enjoying beam and caffein free Diet Coke this evening. Feels good.
John Francis Donaghy
quote:
Bookers ..... I'm drunk ballz

ECBP and Bookers have a way of doing that to you.

Talk about a 1-2 punch. A delicious 1-2 punch.
bigevent99
AG
Old scout store pick here. Under rated
aggiemike89
AG
Stopped at a store in sugar land yesterday. Inquired about Elliot's Select. He said he was getting some and could put me on his list. Said it would be $550. I said no thanks and walked out the door. WTH?
FlyFish95
quote:
Stopped at a store in sugar land yesterday. Inquired about Elliot's Select. He said he was getting some and could put me on his list. Said it would be $550. I said no thanks and walked out the door. WTH?
Ha! What store?
aggiemike89
AG
Don't make it down there much so I think it was Crown Liquor. In the HEB strip center at 99 and 59.
FlyFish95
The guys who run that place are scoundrels.
Ezra Brooks
AG
Scored A bottle of Blantons at the Kingwood Specs today.
Ringo88
AG
Fair Warning...I've received an early review of this year's Parker's Heritage 24 year old release from a trusted industry palate. At $270, it is a "100% not worth it" selection this year. Supposed to land here next week, as is Four Roses SBLE.
anonymousAg05
AG
I saw an OFBB for an insane $200 tonight. A little disappointing as this place typically has pretty decent prices on things like blantons and ETL.
Wheatables02
AG
I heard the same thing about ph10, not worth it. I've heard nothing bad about any frsmble so I'm dying to try one.
anonymousAg05
AG
It was on the topshelf back behind the counter so i could not see the year. I hadn't seen it there before so i would assume it to be 2016. I'm in georgia.
Post removed:
by user
moo
AG
For those in DFW, Pappas Bros has OFBB for $18 a pour. Tried it last night for the first time and was thoroughly impressed. Typically more than what I spend on a drink, but I'm not complaining!
BeardofZeus01
AG
That sounds pretty reasonable for them ... was there in late July with the rib and they wanted 45 freaking dollars for a one ounce pour of Barterhouse!!
FriedTex
AG
Just barrel aged Old Forester BIB 3 months, still terrible
Ringo88
AG
OFBB 2015 has a light blue paper ribbon over cork; it was not good stuff.
OFBB 2016 has an orange paper ribbon.
tx4guns
AG
2015 OFBB certainly was good stuff. 2014 is the one I thought sucked.
FriedTex
AG
I think I just don't like the profile of their bourbon. I'm not even a big fan of the birthday bourbons
Daytona22
AG
Scored a Booker's Rye last week. Currently in the process of moving so it's going to be safely stored for a few months before I get to crack it open. Should be an interesting bourbon hunting season.
showtime
AG
has anyone purchased Van Winkle on the secondary market in the last year or so? I see listings on CraigsList or eBay and they seem outrageous - but I don't know if people are actually paying what's been asked. I am curious because my collection has outgrown the cabinet and I may be selectively curating (selling) some of the Van Winkles.
Wheatables02
AG
quote:
has anyone purchased Van Winkle on the secondary market in the last year or so? I see listings on CraigsList or eBay and they seem outrageous - but I don't know if people are actually paying what's been asked. I am curious because my collection has outgrown the cabinet and I may be selectively curating (selling) some of the Van Winkles.
ebay doesn't allow alcohol sales and they might be fake bottles. I would be weary of craigslist unless you can meet the seller and inspect the bottle.

On a market I follow, you are looking similar to the prices below. You can subtract about $25 per bottle if delivering and not shipping.

ORVW 10 year- $275-300

VW 12 LOT B - $400

PVW15 - 2015 release - $800
PVW 20 - (SW Juice) -2006 - $1900 2012-$1200-1350
PVW 23 - (SW Juice) 2009 - $2150 2015 - $1800-1900

Stitzel Weller Distillery closed in 1992 so any Pappy Bottles where the juice came from that distillery fetch way more than a newer release.
Buck Compton
AG
This post is 100% truthful... And that makes me sad.
showtime
AG
Thanks for the info, but I am selling - not buying.
Buck Compton
AG
You can offload some here but not at insane prices like that. I'd be in the market.

You'd get way more from the open market, you'd just have to wait a bit for someone desperate to buy.
Wheatables02
AG
quote:

That's what you can sell them for. Or if you weren't crazy greedy and wanted to sell to some of us, we'd be interested.
Daytona22
AG
quote:
quote:

That's what you can sell them for. Or if you weren't crazy greedy and wanted to sell to some of us, we'd be interested.
Agreed. I would be interested in some if they weren't at crazy secondary prices.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Empty bottles are selling because of fraud. Bars will buy them and refill them with subpar bourbon. And fakes on the secondary market will be refilled bottles. The distilleries ask you to smash empty bottles to end this practice.
showtime
AG
Those numbers really are outrageous.

I spent a couple of years (ending in 2012) assembling my Van Winkle stock. While I enjoy Spec's and Total Wine, they almost completely killed my ability to find this stuff when they moved in and shut down a lot of the little guys. I cultivated relationships with managers all over the metroplex who would call when they found a bottle that wasn't already spoken for.

I have people interested in taking it off my hands from time to time, but I always have the same thought/answer. I don't expect that I will ever see - much less be able to buy - a bottle of it in a retail setting. Which makes me reluctant to part with it.

And to be honest, the rarest were the ones I was least impressed with. The 23 year old was underwhelming - perhaps because I had hyped it up in my mind. The 15 was the best, followed very closely by the Van Winkle Family Reserve (12 yr) - and I still feel like the Old Rip in 107 proof was the best value to price ratio of any whiskey ever made.
First Page Last Page
Page 185 of 1107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.