Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,838,915 Views | 38430 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by AgCzar
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr. McGibblets
AG
quote:
You know you are up against it when a guy that likes Garrison Bros is calling you out.

BOOMSTICK
Atty_Ag
FAYMFs. At least Garrison is still classified as straight Bourbon.
joshwayne330
Garrison Brothers = Way OVERPRICED for a whiskey less than 4 years old, Laughable. I don't care if they treat their ingridents like Kobe Beef is treated in Japan, just insane that they would ask that much for a whiskey. Sorry, not quite George T Stagg status yet..
BCSGrubber
AG
anyone know if you can get Makers Mark mint julep in Texas?
TXAG 05
AG
Yes you can, I think it is seasonal though.
FishrCoAg
AG
Jefferson Reserve is pretty damn good.
GregZeppelin
AG
The Jefferson Presidential Select is out of this world good if you're looking to shell out a few (many) extra bucks.
Hellraiser13
Haven't they stopped producing that? I heard in November that Jefferson ran out of their SW reserves for it.
Quantum ace
AG
They might not be bottling it anymore, but you should be able to find it on shelves for a little while. I have seen it at a couple places over the last few weeks.
edwardsk2003
AG
Bought a bottle of Angels Envy on NYE. I like it a lot. Anyone else had it? Thoughts?
Mr. McGibblets
AG
quote:
Bought a bottle of Angels Envy on NYE. I like it a lot. Anyone else had it? Thoughts?

Gooooooood stuff
GregZeppelin
AG
Yeah Hellraiser that's probably true, see my post on Page 5 of this thread for a little extra info on the Presidential Select.
helgs
AG
I know a "spirit whiskey" might not be 100% kosher in this thread, but this is the first whiskey I've really enjoyed drinking. I drink it neat. Very smooth. Costs about as much as woodford reserve, but it's made in Texas.

[This message has been edited by helgs (edited 1/24/2013 2:56p).]
joshwayne330
^^^^^ I really doubt what little amount of true bourbon is in Rebecca Creek is actually made in Texas, rather sourced out of state. And if you like something "smooth", you should try drinking ozarka water, j/k.
ORAggieFan
quote:
I know a "spirit whiskey" might not be 100% kosher in this thread, but this is the first whiskey I've really enjoyed drinking.
Take it to the spirit whiskey thread.
helgs
AG
OK, OK, I get it. Rebecca Creek isn't real bourbon. So, I picked this up as a real whiskey based on other recommendations on reddit.com/r/bourbon.

Very good! I'm starting to like bourbon!

joshwayne330
^^^^Best value in the store. Now you are on the right track, enjoy!
Quantum ace
AG
I used to drink W L Weller 12 and Old Weller Antique, and wish for something halfway in between. The other night I was a couple glasses in to both of them, and figured what the hell. So I vatted a bottle of the Weller 12, OWA, and Weller Special Reserve. It turned out surprisingly good. You get a little of the spice from the OWA, and the depth of the 12. I also realized that I may keep more Weller in stock than I really need.
RGLAG85
K Bo
AG
Picked up a bottle of Larceny tonight. It's kinda gimmicky but for the price I figured I'd give it a shot. I'm only a sip in and it's not too bad. Sweet vanilla but not over the top and just enough harshness to it.
Atty_Ag
I enjoyed the Larceny, but as you mentioned it's a bit on the sweet side. At $19.99, it was a good bargain. They've since raised the price to $25, and there are other things in that price range that many people on here have already mentioned, notably the Weller lines, Elijah Craig, and Eagle Rare.

I opened a bottle of Henry McKenna 10 year old BIB that I bought on the road while driving back through Kentucky because I had not seen it before.

Turrible. Medicinal. Avoid.
aggiemike89
AG
I was out and about yesterday and as I always do, when I see a liquor store that I haven't been in before, I stop and see if they have any "good" bourbon. I stopped yesterday at this small store on the near west side of Houston. Asked the owner if he had any Pappy. He said yes I have the twenty year. I said how much. He got his calculator out and proceeded to punch numbers in. I thought to myself, "here we go with the price gouging". He finished and said $103. I could hardly contain myself and said bring it out. He came out of the back with the twenty and a bottle of the 12 year old. The 12 year old was $49.99. I scored them both. He said that he gets a couple of bottles every month or so. I'll be visiting him again on a monthly basis.
mattvswild
AG
Well la-de-da, Mr. I've-got-a-connection. Btw - do you take mail orders?
Quantum ace
AG
quote:
He said that he gets a couple of bottles every month or so

Where is this magical place you speak of?
CajunAggie
AG
Pappy 25 y/o.

Pure butter.

Or velvet.

Or silk.

Take your pick.
Stive
AG
I stop at this little store on the outskirts of Tyler every once in a while. As I was checking out Monday night, I asked the guy behind the counter if they had any PVW. (crickets, staring at me as if I were talking latin).

I just said never mind, and walked out the door. I need better options.

Mr. McGibblets
AG
quote:
Pappy 25 y/o.

Pure butter.

Or velvet.

Or silk.

Take your pick.

Uhhhhhh
tx4guns
AG
Pappy 25 doesn't exist. Did you mean 23?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I have a PVW 30. **** with me.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
quote:
I have a PVW 30. **** with me.

Too easy
CajunAggie
AG
No, I meant 20 y/o.
jobu93
AG
Pics or it didn't happen

/Doubting Thomas
proudaggie02
AG
I'm traveling to Houston for NAPE (oil conference) tomorrow. I just called the bar where I'll be attending a party, and they have Pappy..... 4 different years, including the 23. Drinks are paid for.
CajunAggie
AG
^^^^^^

Wow. Take full advantage! (And let us know if THE PAPPY is included.)
First Page Last Page
Page 17 of 1099

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.