Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,858,078 Views | 38598 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ryeguy
Mr. McGibblets
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will be attending the bar in my home that has all 4 years as well. I remember my first Pappy drink...
tx4guns
AG
Still waiting on pics of that 30 year...
proudaggie02
AG
quote:
(And let us know if THE PAPPY is included.)

It was last year. I think it was $30-35 for the 23.
proudaggie02
AG
quote:
I will be attending the bar in my home that has all 4 years as well. I remember my first Pappy drink...

Very nice. I also have 4 years at home.

I plan on drinking the price equivalent of at least 1 bottle of 20.
True Anomaly
AG
Had a glass of PVW 23 year tonight.

HOLEE ****. I need a bottle of this NAO
helgs
AG
Opened up a bottle of The Glenlivet 15 year French Oak Reserve bottled in 2008. Wonderful!
Quantum ace
AG
^
|
|
|
Not bourbon

But still delicious.
helgs
AG
I know, it's Scotch, but I didn't see a "Scotch" thread.

Also, bumping to get this back on pg 1.
GregZeppelin
AG
Scotch Thread:
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?forum_id=67&topic_id=2228165&page=1&nomobile=1
Atty_Ag
Public Service Announcement:

Twin Liquors in Austin is doing their big sale (their cost plus $1) again Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
javajaws
AG
Curious...do they actually mark the prices down or do you have to checkout to see what "their cost" is?
Atty_Ag
Last time I went they had stickers on the shelves with the markdown prices. Many good deals to be had.
javajaws
AG
Just stopped by on the way home. Picked up a four roses single batch for $28, and a bottle of Lagavulin 16 for $66 if I remember correctly.

Definitely going to have to hit them again this week to stock up.
Hellraiser13
I just spent nearly $200 on whiskeys. There goes the money I saved for spring break...
Atty_Ag
I stopped at three:

18 year Jefferson - $64.34
Four Roses single barrel $26.33
Elmer T Lee single barrel $26.60
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
I just spent nearly $200 on whiskeys. There goes the money I saved for spring break...

Sounds like a good spring break to me.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
The 18 year Jefferson is excellent. Good price too.
JohnnyShotgun
Stopping by tomorrow for sure. Need some more tequila, bourbon, and rum for the bar. Will report back with prices etc.
Hellraiser13
quote:
Sounds like a good spring break to me.

Assuming it lasts until then...

Here's what I got:

3*Liter Weller 107 at $20.00 each
750 mL Basil Hayden's at about $26
750 mL Templeton Rye at about $31
750 mL Jefferson 18 at about $63

The Weller 107 was a steal.
toucan82
no kidding
GregZeppelin
AG
Elmer t. lee is my current favorite. But it definitely has a harshness factor to it. Add an ice cube, or a splash of water though, and it's fantastically good.
BQ08
AG
Bulleit 10 yr last night... Very enjoyable. Also a big fan of their rye.
JohnnyShotgun
Went to Twin's during lunch. Four Roses Small Batch $18.83. That price point really jumped at me. I know these aren't bourbon, but thought i would share for pricing info. Flor de Cana 4 year old rum 1.75L for $16. It's my everyday mixing rum at the house. Camarena Reposado Tequila $13.70 great for margs on the patio, and Black Velvet Reserve 8 year for $9.25. This is what I serve my brother in law who never shows up with anything to drink.

May go back tonight once I take stock at home and see what else I need. The pricing really was pretty dang good all the way around. Spent a lot of time in the bourbon aisle just soaking it all in.
javajaws
AG
Made another stop on the way home...picked up a bottle of Jefferson 18 Presidential Select and Macallen Cask Strength.
aggielax48
AG
Picked up Four Roses Small Batch for $18 and Basil Hayden for $26. Looked for Templeton but they didn't have any. Thinking of going back tomorrow, maybe get some Angels Envy and try something else.
Mathguy64
AG
I picked up a bottle of Rock Hill Farms for $38 in CS. They were pretty picked over and pretty crowded.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Is that sale happening in CS? I have 40 minutes to get there. haha And is it all spirits? I'd like a bottle of scotch as well.
Mathguy64
AG
It's going on now. Lots of good bourbon and scotches left. It finished tomorrow. My picked over comment earlier was in regards to lower end stuff.

[This message has been edited by Mathguy86 (edited 2/27/2013 8:32p).]
helgs
AG
Just picked up some Four Roses Small Batch. Best bang for your buck, IMO. It blows WL Weller outta the water in the sub-$30 category.
Atty_Ag
Greg,

Respectfully disagree on the Elmer T Lee. It is drinking just fine without diluting. It has a nice honey flavor without being overpowering on the sweetness. Finish is not harsh, but is nice.
GregZeppelin
AG
Huh, I was drinking it at my parent's place, where my booze selection consisted of about a dozen middle to high range scotches, and a bottle of Elmer T. Lee. Perhaps it only seemed harsh in comparison to the scotches.

Well, guess I have no choice but to buy my own bottle to find out for sure. Damn the luck.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Earlier today my grandfather and I were cleaning out his liquor cabinet since he and my grandmother are moving to an assisted living center. We happened upon this unopened bottle of scotch. He was very surprised and said that he was taking it with him because it was expensive. I don't have any knowledge on the topic so I thought texags could help me with evaluating the quality of this brand. It's probably been his cabinet for ~20 years, so it could have gotten even better.

Vernada
AG
*crylol*
fav13andac1)c
AG
I know NOTHING!!
Vernada
AG
Just in case youre serious:

That's not scotch.
It's an orange flavored liqueur.
First Page Last Page
Page 18 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.