Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,864,457 Views | 38666 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by trouble
Wheatables02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ noob.
FlyFish95
Ha ha!!!!
FriedTex
AG
EC Barrel Proof is the bottle I search for every time I go to a store.... But alas I've always come up dry.
RenoAg
quote:
EC Barrel Proof is the bottle I search for every time I go to a store.... But alas I've always come up dry.

Same here. And I've been doing a lot of searching lately.
John Francis Donaghy
Me three. Only ever had it bourbon bars. One of these days I'll find a bottle to call my own.
Post removed:
by user
FlyFish95
quote:

Meh
Brad_97
AG
Hmm 2.5 hrs ea way - might have to be next time though we are moving soon back to the great state of Texas. He said it was rare they get it, prob had about a dozen bottle of the EC BP
07ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Same here. And I've been doing a lot of searching lately.
https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/heaven-hill/elijah-craig-12-year-old-barrel-proof-64-whisky/?srh=1
Daytona22
AG
Your Lot B is worth somewhere around $400-$500 on the secondary and the $1300 seems about right for your PVW20 based on what I am seeing right now. I buy my stuff to drink though instead of an investment... I'm sure my wife would like me to sell more of what I have though!
FlyFish95
$1,300 for a $75 bottle. Seems like a great deal.
MW03
AG
Has Stagg Jr been discussed on this thread yet? I know the first couple of batches were hot, but I have a bottle of #4 that's really solid.
plowboy1065
S
quote:
Your Lot B is worth somewhere around $400-$500 on the secondary and the $1300 seems about right for your PVW20 based on what I am seeing right now. I buy my stuff to drink though instead of an investment... I'm sure my wife would like me to sell more of what I have though!

Lot B is worth about $350 and $400 is max to someone that has no clue
schmellba99
AG
quote:
I know what you are saying, but PVW20 hasn't been $75 retail for several years now. Let's be realistic - people are paying $1300 for a bottle that goes for about $150 retail.
Wheatables02
AG
quote:
Has Stagg Jr been discussed on this thread yet? I know the first couple of batches were hot, but I have a bottle of #4 that's really solid.

That is the bottle I am really trying to get my hands on. I see it for $85-100 on the secondary market but I am waiting to see if it may arrive in stores in the next 3 or so months.

All the posts on here and in reviews seems very positive.
FlyFish95
quote:
quote:
I know what you are saying, but PVW20 hasn't been $75 retail for several years now. Let's be realistic - people are paying $1300 for a bottle that goes for about $150 retail.
Either way it's still insane. People are willingly paying $1,300 for something only worth $150 for no reason other than a lot of other people want it too. Paying $1,300 for that bottle doesn't make it 8.7 times better. It's the same stuff. They just over-paid for it. Dumb.
schmellba99
AG
Not disagreeimg with you. But people spend stupid money on all kinds of stuff all of the time.
Wheatables02
AG
Fossil creek liquor in Dalworthington gardens on Bowen Rd had three bottles of 1792 port today if interested. $36 each. I've seen them on secondary market for $65 +. I picked up one but haven't tried it yet.
jsn1986
AG
A store up in the woodlands had a couple bottles of ECBP... $160. I don't condone this behavior, but they sell cigars I like. I offered $80 for it and was shot down. Apparently they sold a few bc one was left on Friday. If anyone is particularly interested I can share the store name.
FlyFish95
quote:
A store up in the woodlands had a couple bottles of ECBP... $160. I don't condone this behavior, but they sell cigars I like. I offered $80 for it and was shot down. Apparently they sold a few bc one was left on Friday. If anyone is particularly interested I can share the store name.

Ridiculous. I got two bottles of that for less than $60 each and after opening it didn't think it was even worth that. I'd rather have 5 bottles of the 12 yr for that price.

Crazy that I can't even walk into a store now and find Weller 12 on the shelf.
Post removed:
by user
FriedTex
AG
quote:
I found three bottles if ecbp for $100 here in cali
My price point on it is about 80 -

100 is about my max that i will pay for any sort of liquid
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG

Picked this up after work today. Anyone had it? Thoughts?
FlyFish95
$?
Farmer1906
AG
$105 @ Specs
Wheatables02
AG
Which specs? I'm trying to get one and I've seen none.
Farmer1906
AG
Woodlands. It was the only 1 they got and they didn't even put it out on the shelf.
Wheatables02
AG
Dang. If you can get another one, I'll be coming through Houston next month or will pay for shipping to Dallas. Enjoy! It's supposed to be pretty good.
Farmer1906
AG
I'll keep an eye out. According to the lady I spoke with the downtown specs gets all the good stuff. Everyone else gets common stuff.
plowboy1065
S
aggiebq03+
When I came to this thread the first time several years ago it was fun to find new recommendations I hadn't tried yet.

Now it's just depressing to see you can't even find what used to be $30-40 bottles of burbon even available on the shelves. It's all been bought up, and at stupid (to me) high prices.
Whoop04
Same here.
FlyFish95
quote:
Same here.

Yep
HTownAg98
I two years ago, I could find Weller 12 everywhere. Now I have to hunt for it, and it's not worth the trouble. Looks like I'm going to be drinking more scotch and Irish Whisky in the meantime.
First Page Last Page
Page 152 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.