Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,830,655 Views | 38330 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by MediAg13
SouthTexasAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thoughts on Redemption Rye? Picked up a bottle today
chris2010
AG
Went to Rough Draught Whiskey Bar on Northgate last weekend after the basketball game. They had Weller 12 for $3.25 a pour (showed $6 on their menu). Pretty neat place, recommend checking it out when anyone is in town.
proudaggie02
AG
quote:
A while back I traded a bottle of Weller 12 with someone on here for a couple of bottles of Pliny. I would do that again.

Isn't Pliny like $6/bottle? I can get Pliny easier than Weller 12 but don't actively seek out either.
FlyFish95
quote:
quote:
A while back I traded a bottle of Weller 12 with someone on here for a couple of bottles of Pliny. I would do that again.

Isn't Pliny like $6/bottle? I can get Pliny easier than Weller 12 but don't actively seek out either.

Depends on where you live.
Wheatables02
AG
Thoughts on Willet Rye 8 year and 6 year? Just stumbled across some bottles for prices of 79 and 59 respectively.

Are these enough of a rarity to invest in?
Stan Crowch
AG
I can't tell if you are collecting Beanie Babies or drinking Bourbon.
Mathguy64
AG
Specs has cases of the stuff on end cap displays and has for several months.
RenoAg
If anyone wants Orphan Barrel Barterhouse 20 yr I saw 3 of them yesterday at a store in Louisiana. They were $100+taxes each. They also had a couple Old Scout 10 yr bottles for 50-55 if I remember right. Or if you want Yamazaki 18 they had one bottle for $180.

Anybody looking for these I'll let you know where. I wasn't interested in them.

I did pick up a Yellow Spot Irish Whiskey a week ago in htown for $92. No idea if that's a good buy or not but I hear it is good stuff. And I never see it anywhere. Haven't tried it yet though.

And an update on the Rock Hill Farms from a couple weeks ago - the owner of the store told me it should be in late this week. Although he is hedging saying his distributor is telling him it can be hard to get. And a whole case is not likely. So we'll see if he gets it and even if he does if he keeps the same reasonable price.
plowboy1065
S
If you're looking to start buying bourbon to flip then you won't get much help here
RenoAg
Zero interest in that. Only thing I was willing to buy then sell at my cost to folks on here was the Rock Hill Farms - and thats because if someone backed out on me I was perfectly happy to keep it and drink it myself. Turns out I might not get any anyway. And if he does but jacks up the price on me I am not buying it. Pretty sure everything else I have mentioned involves someone going to a particular store and purchasing there --- ie not from me.

I thought some folks might want to know where to get some bourbons that I have found difficult to get including the price that store is asking for it. I know I would appreciate seeing someone post a location that has a bottle I am looking for. I thought I was doing folks on here a solid but I'll stop providing updates of what I have found out there. No big deal to me. Carry on everyone. I appreciate the knowledge and opinions I have read on this thread.
John Francis Donaghy
quote:
Zero interest in that. Only thing I was willing to buy then sell at my cost to folks on here was the Rock Hill Farms - and thats because if someone backed out on me I was perfectly happy to keep it and drink it myself. Turns out I might not get any anyway. And if he does but jacks up the price on me I am not buying it. Pretty sure everything else I have mentioned involves someone going to a particular store and purchasing there --- ie not from me.

I thought some folks might want to know where to get some bourbons that I have found difficult to get including the price that store is asking for it. I know I would appreciate seeing someone post a location that has a bottle I am looking for. I thought I was doing folks on here a solid but I'll stop providing updates of what I have found out there. No big deal to me. Carry on everyone. I appreciate the knowledge and opinions I have read on this thread.

He was replying to wheatables. Your contributions to helping folks get stuff thats tough to come by are welcomed and appreciated.

Look at the "in reply to" line in light grey at the top of the post.
RenoAg
My bad! I think my mistake must mean I am in need of some liquid medication for being too uptight. Ha!
plowboy1065
S
Your post are always welcomed Reno. I was replying to Wheat
Wheatables02
AG
Sorry, I'm looking for my collection and to sip on. I considered buying the rye and trading it for something that wasn't rye and a bottle I was looking for like EH Taylor or elmer t lee.

With this damn craze, I refuse to be a flipper and contribute to the craziness of weller 12 being $100+

If anyone was interested, the WFE 8 year and 6 year were at Specs in Dal Worthington Gardens for79 and 59 respectively.

iehly06
AG
I would LOVE to get my hands on a bottle of RHF. Hit me up if your guy comes through.
Post removed:
by user
FlyFish95
Good grief, that use to be a $40 bottle
Post removed:
by user
Signel
AG
I drink everything I buy.

That being said, If I win a PVW, I am selling that sucker without a second thought.
Signel
AG
quote:
McKenna 10 yr BIB is a really great value pour.
True story.. Love this stuff.
RenoAg
Will do. You and third coast have dibs on first two bottles. Assuming I get some.
iehly06
AG
Awesome. Thanks.

Anyone heard a release date on the EHT seasoned wood? Breaking bourbon says March, I just wanted to see if anyone had heard anything different.
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg
quote:
I drink everything I buy.

That being said, If I win a PVW, I am selling that sucker without a second thought.

I've got a bottle of 2013 PVW20. I've never even had a sip of any pvw. I'm just saving it for a special occasion. Nothing worthy has happened in the last 2+ years. I intend to drink what I have. I must admit I am beginning to think I might be better off trading it for some BTAC bottles. I haven't tried any of those either. But the pvw craze has me thinking I might ought to keep it. BTAC seems easier to get.
FlyFish95
Trade it for two BTAC
John Francis Donaghy
quote:
Trade it for two BTAC
This would be my course of action as well.

My advice is to try to get a WLW and a Stagg out of it. Those are the best of the best IMO.
aggiemike89
AG
quote:
Awesome. Thanks.

Anyone heard a release date on the EHT seasoned wood? Breaking bourbon says March, I just wanted to see if anyone had heard anything different.
If BB says March, then in Texas it means June. The TABC has to approve the label first and they drag arse with that.
the dude10
AG
Totally missed the game Wednesday while at a conference session. Just checking back in to the thread. Never found a great whiskey bar but then again I wasn't looking too hard. Gaslamp district was pretty cool though
Post removed:
by user
austinag1997
AG
quote:
Have it. I think it's terrible.

That really just shows how different palates are.
RenoAg
quote:
quote:
Trade it for two BTAC
This would be my course of action as well.

My advice is to try to get a WLW and a Stagg out of it. Those are the best of the best IMO.

I'm a bit afraid of trading in secondary markets. Not sure I trust them these days. Maybe I am too paranoid about it. I did just find a site called bottle blue book. It suggests my 2013 pvw20 has a market value of $1200?!? I'm a bit shocked. Didn't think it was that high. Anyone have an opinion on whether this site is legit or not?

I promised a colleague a while back I'd crack open some pappy for us to celebrate when he closed his first big deal. Still waiting. He'll fall ack basswards into a big deal sooner or later. Might have to open that 2015 Lot B I bought a few weeks ago instead. Close enough!
Brad_97
AG
Just stopped in Portland on way back to Tacoma (20% booze tax in WA) and had a lot of options on shelf.

Could only buy 2 but picked up EHT small batch (had one more on shelf and case in back apparently) and Rowan Creek. Left behind the Willett Reserve (of which they on had 3 @ $56 along with 3 larger, didn't see if a full 1.75 at $106) and EC Cask Strength. $96 for both out the door. Did I choose wisely or poorly? I suppose wisely would have been buying all of it and muling back to Texas? Willett is on my list but frankly didn't like it as much as others last I had it. Only thing that was holding me back there

Plenty others in 4R single barrel, old forester bottled in bond etc. no BTAC. They only get the WLW of the 4 and are of course sold out. Didn't even ask about Pappy.
John Francis Donaghy
Go back for the EC Cask Strength if at all possible. Well worth the effort.
Wheatables02
AG
Definitely get the EC cask strength. I finally got to try it and its great for my palate!
plowboy1065
S
quote:
Definitely get the EC cask strength. I finally got to try barrel proof and I bet cask strength is equally good.

Barrel proof and cask strength mean the same thing
First Page Last Page
Page 151 of 1096

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.