Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,751,060 Views | 37573 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by trouble
AggieBQ03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I finally had a glass of George T Stagg and I thought it was much better than the PVW 15 I had previously tried.

I think next year I will try and fail at getting the Stagg instead of the PVW, lol.
AggBock
AG
Why is Jack Daniels not listed here?
GregZeppelin
AG
Cuz it ain't bourbon.
CRM1712
AG
And it's terrible.
BSD
AG
I got blue balled at my local Specs yesterday as I was buying clients gifts. He told me that the downtown Specs had three bottles of George T Stagg left and called them to hold one for me. Before he even got the sentence out they told him they were all gone.
proudaggie02
AG
^
I have an unopened bottle of George T Stagg, and I'm not sure whether I want to keep it or sell it.
Mathguy64
AG
Well you could just give it to me. I know what I do with it.
Quantum ace
AG
I have an unopened bottle of George T Stagg, but I will sell the naming rights to my firstborn child before I sell it.
wadd96
AG
PA... you have a PM...

"Today, we showed the resolve of the United States. Today we made a statement to the world... That you can hit us, you can knock us down, but we're gonna get up. And when we do, we will find you and kick your ass!"
- Robert E Clark II, Cpt USN, Commandant of Midshipmen May 1, 2011
BSD
AG
quote:
^
I have an unopened bottle of George T Stagg, and I'm not sure whether I want to keep it or sell it.

Obviously you should sell it.
proudaggie02
AG
I know I should keep it, but my wife (who is extra mean right now b/c she's pregnant) is not happy that my bourbon collection is getting close to 50 bottles.
toucan82
I can help with that
ChopThemHorns
Ill give you $150 for the Stagg if you want to get rid of it...or can trade a Pappy Van Winkle 10 or 12 year.
SippinHenn
AggBock
AG
Does anyone know where I can buy a bottle of this Pappy stuff? I would like to see what the fuss is about.
Quantum ace
AG
There may be a full bottle or two rolling around with the empties in my back seat.

I can check for you on the way home tonight.
proudaggie02
AG
ChopThemHorns,

That is a good offer. Let me think about it for a couple days (ie- let me see how much of the good stuff I go through with my bro-in-law who is visiting for the next week).
ChopThemHorns
No worries....you can email me at ChrisCappelli@hotmail.com if you want to discuss further...I am in Houston btw.

Enjoy drinking with the fam.

Class of '09
A WHOOP
East Dallas Ag
AG
Opened up a bottle of Noah's Mill last night for the first time, not too bad but outside of the ultra premiums, I am still a Booker's guy.
'03ag
A friend brought over some Rowan's Creek the other night. I was pretty impressed given the price.
Atty_Ag
Sheesh, for $150 I'll sell you my bottle of Stagg. That's just a crazy offer.
BSD
AG
I was going to offer cost, plus shipping, and a big thank you...I got way outbid!
ChopThemHorns
Yeah, its a little high...but every place I even find a bottle of Stagg listed, its close to $100 plus shipping.
jah003
S
Me (and many others) took down a bottle of four roses single barrel yesterday. Honestly, I preferred the Rowan's creek we took down last weekend.
LegacyAggie
quote:
I finally had a glass of George T Stagg and I thought it was much better than the PVW 15 I had previously tried.

I think next year I will try and fail at getting the Stagg instead of the PVW, lol.

Diff bourbons entirely. Have both, love both.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Just wanted to stop by to profess my love for buffalo trace. I just don't see how there could be a better bourbon for the price.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
^ Old Charter 10 is better
java94
AG
I know everyone's tastes ate different, but i also am loving Buffalo Trace right now.
BSD
AG
I had a glass of Pappy 20 year at dinner last night. Very good but restaurant prices are ridiculous!!!!

K Bo
AG
Where'd you get the Pappy? I had it at Brasserie 19 in Houston a couple months ago but last time I was there I didn't see it. It's great, but not worth the restaurant coin.

Was anyone able to grab a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean Aged Bourbon?
BSD
AG
I had it at Bob's in Dallas. I've been wanting to try it so I said "what the hell!"
jobu93
AG
I got a bottle of Woodford Reserve and some proper glasses. Also got the stainless steel cubes so I will try those out soon.
wadd96
AG
BSD... I went that same out at Murphy's in Sonoma... $27/glass... but DAMN. It was good.

Oh, and today, thanks to the hard work of proudaggie, I received my bottle of 12 year old and 20 year old. The 20 is getting stashed away for my wedding day next year... (Don't you wish you were a groomsman?)

"Today, we showed the resolve of the United States. Today we made a statement to the world... That you can hit us, you can knock us down, but we're gonna get up. And when we do, we will find you and kick your ass!"
- Robert E Clark II, Cpt USN, Commandant of Midshipmen May 1, 2011
BSD
AG
$27 a glass? That's a freaking bargain compared to Bob's!!!!
Sazerac
AG
Got a bottle of Williet single barrel and Willeit Rye. Using some new soapstone drink cubes. Rye is quite spicy...the bourbon is nice.
First Page Last Page
Page 15 of 1074

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.