Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,864,237 Views | 38666 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by trouble
MousepadMarauder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My local store just called and they have a bottle of the PVW 23 for me. they want $279.99. I know "worth" isn't the right question, but is this the going rate?
mattvswild
AG
That's $40-$50 higher than I paid, but I don't live in TX and liquor is sold by the state here.
CyanideJenkins
AG
I'm just gonna leave this here......

proudaggie02
AG
If anyone wants a Thomas H. Handy Sazerac rye, there were 3 bottles on the shelf of my local store last night. They were $80, so probably $90 plus shipping.
DPlainview
AG
I'll take one. Sent you PM.
proudaggie02
AG
mwesson,

I replied to your PM yesterday, but it must not have gone through. I will try again now.
proudaggie02
AG
HNIC,

If you post your email, I will contact you.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG

[This message has been edited by Head Ninja In Charge (edited 12/7/2012 7:27p).]
DPlainview
AG
Replied. wesson at tamu dot edu is email address
Atty_Ag
I got the last bottle of George T. Stagg at the Costco in north Austin. They had a bottle of Thomas Handy if anyone is interested in it.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
proudaggie, I finally found your e-mail. SMH. Replied.
Agustus Caesar
AG
Back to the front page.
Ay leads on PVW?
joshwayne330
@ Agustus Caesar: If you are asking for leads, that probably means you are not going to find any PVW. It was distributed in Texas over a month ago and as always it, never saw the liquor store shelves...
joshwayne330
@ CyanideJenkins: We all know what PVW bottles look like?! Are you implying that you are willing to get rid of some of your extras by posting your picture?
Agustus Caesar
AG
quote:
@ Agustus Caesar: If you are asking for leads, that probably means you are not going to find any PVW. It was distributed in Texas over a month ago and as always it, never saw the liquor store shelves...

No ****. that's why i'm asking for leads.
Quantum ace
AG
Asking for a lead on PVW is liking asking for a lead on undervalued property that comes with mineral rights and large undiscovered oil/gas reserves.

If you were a family member I liked, I might give you the name of a store to start shopping at now, to possibly get your name on a waiting list for the 2015 release.
Jimmy Valentine
I just received a bottle of 1835 Bourbon in a gift exchange. Has anyone ever tried it? I have never even heard of it.
Agustus Caesar
AG
jeezus it's easier to get help on some obnoxious napa wine lists than pvw.
fack it. i'll get it at my favorite restaurant. maybe they can hook me up.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Yes. It's terrible. The person who gave you the gift has either never had bourbon or doesn't think too highly of you.

Not being sarcastic.
Quantum ace
AG
quote:
jeezus it's easier to get help on some obnoxious napa wine lists than pvw.
fack it. i'll get it at my favorite restaurant. maybe they can hook me up.

I don't think you understand how scarce this product has become. The majority of it is already spoken for on waiting lists months before it has shipped. Best case scenario is someone knows of a little mom and pop shop that is selling a bottle of the 20 yr old for $400. This year shipments to Texas were especially low, and many stores that normally get a couple bottles didn't get jack. There can't be more than a couple bottles that sat on shelves more than a week, at any price.

You are just asking for help way too late.
jobu93
AG
The build up for PVW is so huge I wonder if the actual taste of the product will live up to it.

I'm probably going to get a shot when I'm next at Pappas to try it out. Assuming the shot isn't over 30 bucks.
Agustus Caesar
AG
I do understand how scarce it is; but I also understand money talks. Not trying to low ball anything.
Had the 12 year at Pallas Dallas about a month ago, it was definitely one of the best bourbons I've ever had. Had 20 year at a friends house and it was great as well.
el aggie
AG
My dad got some 20 yr PVW as a gift from a client - I tried it last night in some coke. Didn't taste any different mixed than my $15 Buffalo Trace. Not worth it.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Where are you finding Buffalo Trace for $15?
txaggie05
AG
quote:
My dad got some 20 yr PVW as a gift from a client - I tried it last night in some coke. Didn't taste any different mixed than my $15 Buffalo Trace. Not worth it.

You know how I know you're doing it wrong ?
el aggie
AG
It's not like I don't appreciate good alcohol, my home bar is all top shelf. Patron silver, Gentleman Jack, Captain Morgan. The Pappy Van Winkle just didn't have anything special to it. Sorry to burst your bubble.
wadd96
AG
quote:

Seriously? WTF? That's like covering a Delmonico Ribeye in catsup.

"Today, we showed the resolve of the United States. Today we made a statement to the world... That you can hit us, you can knock us down, but we're gonna get up. And when we do, we will find you and kick your ass!"
- Robert E Clark II, Cpt USN, Commandant of Midshipmen May 1, 2011
txaggie05
AG
I've never even had the stuff. I just have a hard time accepting an opinion on a premium bourbon, particularly one with that large of a following, because of how it tastes mixed with Coke. Don't get me wrong, I love bourbon & Coke. But there are mixing bourbons and sipping bourbons.

In other news has Willett 7 Year been mentioned in here? One of the best bourbons I've ever had.

[This message has been edited by TxAggie05 (edited 12/15/2012 8:42a).]
Quantum ace
AG
quote:
my home bar is all top shelf. Patron silver, Gentleman Jack, Captain Morgan.

This is almost as funny as the idea of mixing pappy with coke.

I'll never turn down patron shots, and have been known to knock back a few captain and cokes, but none of those are any better than average quality wise.
el aggie
AG
Y'all are too easy.
Agustus Caesar
AG
Obvious troll is obvious
powerbelly
AG
Successful Troll.
CRM1712
AG
Just got a Handy Sazerac Rye for my bday. Very excited.
C.C. Bay Ag
AG
Just tried Rowan's Creek and wasn't impressed. For that price point I'd much rather have Basil Hayden's, Four Roses Small Batch or Willet.

My main goal in life is to find a beer as cold as a woman's heart

[This message has been edited by C.C. Bay Ag (edited 12/15/2012 8:02p).]
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 14 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.