Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,853,277 Views | 38543 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TexAgs1992
showtime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Spec's in Dallas also has several vintages of the bourbon. I don't particularly care for the bourbon, but their overproof Rye is wonderful.
Atty_Ag
I'm not in a position to deliver a good review right now after the game. I love Willett's normal offering. I love wheaters, but also love rye, too. First sip is really hot with alcohol with the high proof. I don't like to dilute my bourbon with ice, so I am drinking it neat. I will have to review again tomorrow since I've been drinking beer all game, but early review is meh.

Still on cloud nine after the game.
Atty_Ag
Yesterday's tasting was unfair after drinking too much pale ale. This is good, but not great. At $45, you can do better. Nose is not medicinal, so at almost 120 proof that's a relief. It's got some good caramel and cinnamon touches. The finish does give you that warm burn on the throat for a little bit, but dies a little too soon. I've enjoyed the Knob Creek 9 year single barrel more. Plus, I think I prefer Willett's standard offering to this.

[This message has been edited by Atty_Ag (edited 11/11/2012 10:21p).]
TexasRebel
AG
how are the tannin, color, and mouth feel?

I picked up a bottle of Old Weller Antique last night after the win.

109 proof and very smooth!
proudaggie02
AG
I should be getting a few bottles over the next week. So far, I may have an extra bottle of 12 and 20 year PVW. Anyone interested?
streetfighter2012
AG
I'm interested in the 12.

[This message has been edited by Streetfighter2012 (edited 11/15/2012 12:42p).]
wadd96
AG
Quantos pesos, PA?

"Today, we showed the resolve of the United States. Today we made a statement to the world... That you can hit us, you can knock us down, but we're gonna get up. And when we do, we will find you and kick your ass!"
- Robert E Clark II, Cpt USN, Commandant of Midshipmen May 1, 2011
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
I should be getting a few bottles over the next week. So far, I may have an extra bottle of 12 and 20 year PVW. Anyone interested?

Here. There was a line for your extras on the previous pages.
proudaggie02
AG
streetfighter- Are you also interested in the 15 or 20 (from previous post), or just the 12?

wadd96- I'm not sure yet. What I am going to do is average the price I pay per year, then add maybe $10 for "convenience" fee, plus shipping. I've already hit the far reaches of Denver, and I have a trip scheduled to the mountains to get more PVW. I'm guessing my prices before shipping will be roughly: 10 yr ($45), 12 ($68), 15 ($78), and 20 ($110).

HNIC- I hope I can come through for as many of you as possible.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I'll take the 15 or 20 if available. I can literally PayPal you right now.
wadd96
AG
PA... let me know what you end up wtih...

"Today, we showed the resolve of the United States. Today we made a statement to the world... That you can hit us, you can knock us down, but we're gonna get up. And when we do, we will find you and kick your ass!"
proudaggie02
AG
^
I guess I need to set up a PayPal account. You're near the top of the list, so I'm pretty sure you will get a bottle. I'll know a lot more after tomorrow.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Sounds good.
streetfighter2012
AG
ProudAg: I'd prefer a 12 or 15, just to try and save some money.

But I'll take what I can get

[This message has been edited by Streetfighter2012 (edited 11/15/2012 9:12p).]
wadd96
AG
PA... keep me in mind. I am not picky to which bottle you can get. Heck, for $110, I'll take a 20... Since you don't have PP, I can send you a check. And I promise it won't bounce, unlike a lot of these broke ass college kids ;-) (I kid, I kid...)

DPlainview
AG
ProudAg - PLEASE sign me up for 15 or 20 or both. I'll take up to 3-4 bottles if you can get them.

I'll also be willing to trade you some Green Spot if that will help my cause.
ChopThemHorns
I would like 2 bottles of 15yr if you can get them. I also have Paypal.
BSD
AG
Guys, I have access to some Pappy (and Stagg) from shop in Cali at which I have been a pretty good customer. I'm not a Bourbon guy but I do like having some good bottles around for guests and my occasional cigar night. Which are the better bottles of Pappy to ask for? How is the rye?
AggieChemist
AG
The 20 year is the gold standard.
wadd96
AG
BSD... Any way you can get access to two bottles? If the price is right? And I had a glass of the 20 in Sonoma last month... definitely worth it.

BSD
AG
I'll see what I can do.
wadd96
AG
Thank you sir.

proudaggie02
AG
The 15 and 20 are really hard to come by so far. A few stores initially told me it would be first come-first serve, but later changed to a waiting list/drawing to see who gets a bottle. I still have several more stores waiting for their shipment, so I am still optimistic.

I just got word that a store has 2 bottles of Eagle Rare 17 and 1 of the Sazerac Rye. I was told the bottles are between $80-85 + tax. So, I'd probably charge $95-100 + shipping. If anyone is interested, let me know ASAP and I can stop by the store on my way to play golf.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Thanks for the Pappy update.
Quantum ace
AG
Jim Murray seems more enthusiastic about the 15 than the 20 and 23 in recent years. He did rate Balcones Brimstone pretty highly, and he rated Rowens Creek about the same as hand sanitizer, so take that for what its worth. It's one guys opinion, but he is generally regarded and the leading whiskey reviewer since Michael Jackson died.
wadd96
AG
PA... I am going to hold out for the PVW. Again, will take what you can get.

Let me know.

BSD
AG
I just talked to my guy and should be able to get at least one 20 year and one 15 year. He isn't sure when he's getting them but said its usually around Christmas.
wadd96
AG
BSD. I'll take the 20. Let me know when you get it and how much.

TwoTimeAg
AG
BSD, I'll take the 15.
tx4guns
AG
Got this tonight. Ooooooh so good!

Mathguy64
AG
Got a bottle of GTS a couple of weeks ago. I could spend all day just nosing a glass.
GregZeppelin
AG
Looks great.
proudaggie02
AG
UPDATE:

I got a call right now from a store, saying I could get an extra 15 and 20. The bad news is that the store said the 15 would be $89 pre-tax & the 20 would be $137 pre-tax.... I already got a 15 from this store for a decent price, but the distributor increased the prices severely for this subsequent order.

I'll add $10 + tax to the price, so it will probably be $106 for the 15 and $157 for the 20 (plus shipping). I realize this is not a good price, but let me know if anyone is interested.
DPlainview
AG
I'll take the 15! PLEASE!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I'll take the 20.
First Page Last Page
Page 13 of 1102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.