Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,856,031 Views | 38571 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Aggie Therapist
VegasT
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw this on bourbonr.com South Lamar Wine & Spirits

Anyone know about this place and what their prices are like? Looks like they do a lot of First Come First Serve bottles.
AggieChemist
AG
Anybody want a Handy 2015 BTAC for $300?
the dude10
AG
Nope. Curious though, what would you guys pay for the most popular of the BTAC? I don't know of anywhere you can realistically score a bottle going for less than $200
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
Saw this on bourbonr.com South Lamar Wine & Spirits

Anyone know about this place and what their prices are like? Looks like they do a lot of First Come First Serve bottles.

Scroll back a few posts. They are charging waaaaaay over retail.
Post removed:
by user
plowboy1065
S
quote:
Nope. Curious though, what would you guys pay for the most popular of the BTAC? I don't know of anywhere you can realistically score a bottle going for less than $200

My local guy that I buy a lot from wanted $600 for this years Handy
FlyFish95
Wouldn't pay for than $260 which is what I paid for GTS last year. The price has almost doubled in one year. I don't feel like $260 is that much considering it took me two years to finish my last bottle.
Mathguy64
AG
Two years ago I paid list for my GTS, THH and ER17. They were/are still glorious pours. I'm just too cheap to pay $300 a bottle. I know I can nurse it a long time but that's still a ton of scratch.
aggiemike89
AG
Last year I paid list for 3 GTS and one ER17. Had to pay $275 for a WLW. I won't pay those crazy arse prices but I have a decent bunker so **ck'em.
bigevent99
AG
Scored a 1.75 of weller 12. Looking to trade for ET lee or something else in that range. Let me know if anyone is interested
AggieChemist
AG
3 years ago I paid $129 for 20 yo Pappy.
Stan Crowch
AG
I have like 10 bottles of Weller 12...please tell me nobody is trading anything of value for it.
West Texan
AG
Not as exciting as finding Pappy or BTAC, but I just picked up a bottle of Blanton's! Not very easy to find out here in Abilene, but I'm super excited to try it. Happy thanksgiving to me!
FlyFish95
quote:
Not as exciting as finding Pappy or BTAC, but I just picked up a bottle of Blanton's! Not very easy to find out here in Abilene, but I'm super excited to try it. Happy thanksgiving to me!

I haven't seen Blantons in Houston in a while.
aggiemike89
AG
quote:
I have like 10 bottles of Weller 12...please tell me nobody is trading anything of value for it.

I've seen people on a FB forum pay $100 for W12.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
If you can believe it, I'm on a waiting list for Blantons in Houston
West Texan
AG
Well, I feel even better about picking it up then! I was debating on that or Talisker 10 for thanksgiving with the in laws, but chose the Blanton's because I've never found it before. Good luck in your bourbon pursuits!
aggiemike89
AG
quote:

PM me. I'm going hunting this weekend but I can hook you up next weekend. I know I can find Blantons without a waiting list. That's crazy.
Ringo88
AG
Blantons is all over greater Atlanta. So is Rock Hill Farms, another great bottle from Buffalo Trace which I hear from many friends back there in Texas is very rarely seen.
htxag09
AG
Yeah, I haven't been bourbon hunting in a while but a year ago I needed some blantons for our wedding. I went to my standard store and bought 5 bottles right there....
Robert C. Christian
AG
quote:

Damm, should have picked up some bottles in Nashville. New to the bourbon game but my cheap self doesn't feel like paying 60$ for the bottle.
GregZeppelin
AG
quote:
Blantons is all over greater Atlanta. So is Rock Hill Farms, another great bottle from Buffalo Trace which I hear from many friends back there in Texas is very rarely seen.

Rock Hill is one of my favorites, but I haven't so much as seen a bottle in about a year now.

Can usually find Blantons somewhere around if I really want one.

The Specs by my office that I tend to stop into is keeping Eagle Rare 10 and Buffalo Trace behind the counter now.

The whole damn world has gone nuts.
FriedTex
AG
Was sipping Rock Hill Farms tonight - great pour
tx4guns
AG
Waiting list for Blanton's? It has all gone to hell. I'm done. Moving on to Scotch now.
Stan Crowch
AG
quote:
Waiting list for Blanton's? It has all gone to hell. I'm done. Moving on to Scotch now.

Yup this **** has officially jumped the shark.
austinag1997
AG
$179 each for WLW and ORVW yesterday. Above retail, but not too bad.
the dude10
AG
Very good actually. Yesterday on a hunch I had my wife stop by the store that the owner had told me on Monday would hold a WLW and call me. Yep, their stuff had come in already with no call. She asks about the bottle he was going to hold for me and he said he wasn't holding any but did have some for sale. Instead of the $199 he had told me monday he was asking $399. I wouldn't even care had he told me on Monday that would be his price and that I just needed to check in regularly, but he straight up lied to my face. I wouldn't have paid that, but at least I wouldn't have been counting on him to get me that bottle. I definitely plan to calmly stop by sometime and let him know that this is a perfect way to lose a customer who spends way more money on bourbon than he should. Guy has been super nice the past month I had been stopping in. They just lose their minds this time of year
Hudson2508
AG
Yeah I'm just going to stick to my Green and Yellow Spot Irish whiskey and wait for the boutbon craze to die down.

I'll pull out my Pappy and Jefferson's 18 on rare occasions and try to make it last.
austinag1997
AG
Hudson,

I have moved on the select Scotch and Irish Whisky also. Still drink bourbon, but more daily drinkers like MMCS and Noah's Mill.

The few good bottles, I bunker for a rainy day or special occasion. I am making a trip to KY to stock up in December.
FlyFish95
Anyone familiar with Middleton's. Worth the money?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Never heard of a Middleton bourbon. Another NDP?
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Middleton Irish Whiskey? Very good, just not bourbon.
FlyFish95
Yes, Middleton's Very Rare Itosh Whiskey. Haven't tried it and I'm wondering why it's $150/bottle.
plowboy1065
S
Where are you in Htown? I can go easily and grab you a bottle or two
FlyFish95
I've seen it around in Houston. Getting a bottle is not hard. I just want to know if it's worth my $150. I can spend about that on a bottle of Highland Park 18 and know what I'm getting, but I'm not sure about this. From the description and reviews it sounds very good though.
First Page Last Page
Page 130 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.