Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,864,675 Views | 38666 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by trouble
proudaggie02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll probably have the chance to buy an ETL & a Sazerac 6 this afternoon, but it sounds like it might be marked up quite a bit. Any thoughts on the going rate for each, and is anyone interested if it's too expensive for my taste?
GregZeppelin
AG
I've bought both in the last year for under $30. No reason to pay a markup for either of those bottles in my opinion. If this shipment sells out, there will be another coming in a few months.

Sometimes you have to be on the ball about when the shipments come out, but they're not super rare, once a year, type bottles. You could probably find either at any given time with 5 or 6 phone calls.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
I bought both within the last week and paid 36 for the ETL and 25 for the Saz in Houston.
TBomb06
AG
Not sure where you are located, but the Specs in Dallas had some Sazzy on the shelf at normal price last time I was in. I have not had much luck finding some ETL lately though...so if anyone knows where to look for some in Dallas I'd be appreciative.
Stan Crowch
AG
Just picked up some Stagg Jr batch 5...has anyone tried it yet? Hopefully it has improved from the earlier batches.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
ETL should be $33-$35
Post removed:
by user
austinag1997
AG
With respect to Spec's, not one location has ever explained that to me. I have no problem with that system. They just say they won't get very much, so don't hold your breath.
FarmersFightAg
AG
Well are they wrong in saying they won't get much?
plowboy1065
S
Specs as a chain gets its fair share. Specs as an individual neighborhood store will never see one
FlyFish95
Restaurants get a lot of Pappy
Jock 07
AG
Whisky in ft Collins selling pappy 23 for 150 a pour and WLW for 50 a pour. I kindly told them to go **** themselves this evening.
FlyFish95
$150 for 23 isn't too bad generally speaking. I've seen the 15 selling for $125-$150
Jock 07
AG
Interesting, steakhouse here in town sells it for 40-50 a pour
Stan Crowch
AG
Stagg Jr. #5 is f-ing delicious
tx4guns
AG
What proof is that Stagg Jr.?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Ducks4brkfast
AG
129.7?
Stan Crowch
AG
correct....its hot but nicely balanced. I'm really impressed.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
The hibiki is only about $35 here. I think the yamazaki is around the same. EDIT: Regular yamazaki is the same. Yamazaki 12 year is around $65.

the dude10
AG
Get ready boys. Guy I talked to in Austin said BTAC is coming out tomorrow or Wednesday. He had FRLE small batch at $199 and I grabbed it just cause it's rutledges last pick supposedly. Had OFBB also at same price and I passed, for now... Says he is going to hold me a WLW but I will believe it when I see it. $199 for that as well. I would love to hold out for list prices but just can't hunt hard enought to realistically find that
steve00
AG
If anyone gets Saz18, ER17 or WLW for a reasonable price and is looking to augment their whiskey budget, I'll offer $100 more than you paid.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
that's a lot of money for whiskey!
the dude10
AG
What would be reasonable to you? I will see if I can snag an extra this week if $199+$100 fits your budget. I am definitely looking to augment mine.
steve00
AG
Around $300 total would work for me on those three. They tend to go for more on the secondary market, so if you want more profit, you can sell them to someone else online. My liquor store seems to only get THH and Stagg.
Ringo88
AG
Steve, I really do wish you luck. Someone offered my Dallas-based friend $800 for WLW yesterday; he would have accepted if I wasn't trading him a Pappy 15 for it.
I'm only missing Stagg and ER 17 to complete my 2015 BTAC. I have a shot at one, but I know I won't get both out here in ATL. It all dropped very early this year and I missed those two when they dropped first, in early September.
Hudson2508
AG
FYI, stopped by a store in Austin who is releasing rare bourbons every day this week at random times for first come, first serve. They told me they are charging around $400 for Saz and WLW. Insane.
Furlock Bones
AG
i had some William Larue Weller at Merchants in Nashville. it was 30 a pour.

134 proof. holee xhit. i didn't know anything that high in alcohol content could be good. it was flipping delicious.

they had 2 bottles of all of the Pappy's with varying prices.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
FYI, stopped by a store in Austin who is releasing rare bourbons every day this week at random times for first come, first serve. They told me they are charging around $400 for Saz and WLW. Insane.
F that place

"Good Luck"

iPanic
AG
I remember talking with that liqueur store last year and him telling me he sold the Pappy 23 for like $2,000 to some sucker.

He told me he is going to ask $200-$250 for Forester Birthday Bourbon. I started laughing and then realized he will get whatever he asks for these bourbons. People are paying it out there.

$400 for the WLW is crazy. Those guys are adding to the frenzy but at least some people are getting a shot.
plowboy1065
S
I will keep on drinking the good cheap stuff that I can find everyday. I did have a drink of last years GTS last week and it was amazing but not paying crazy prices amazing
FlyFish95
People are insane.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
People are insane.

And stupid
NoneGiven
AG
Those guys wouldn't sell me a beer once because they hadn't had a chance to tweet out a picture of it.
AggieChemist
AG
I've quit telling people about it when I find a good bargain bourbon.
First Page Last Page
Page 129 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.