Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,748,868 Views | 37531 Replies | Last: 57 min ago by Aggie Therapist
CAR96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Called my local Spec's here is n The Woodlands looking for 4 Roses LE SBR and said no one had it in the Houston area and downtown location had -3.

Here's to another wild goose chase this fall.
jsn1986
AG
Has the 2015 Four Roses been on shelves anywhere yet? Generally speaking none of the woodlands specs will ever see four roses limited edition. One store MIGHT, but highly unlikely. With Specs your options are to get on a list or to get lucky at the Smith Street location and never trust their inventories.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
You are correct it is only available at their facility. Taking the wife there next Saturday - I'm not sure if it would be worth picking it up or not
I'd be willing to pay for one if you'll mule it back to TX.....
tx4guns
AG
The FR LE is not in Texas yet. Gonna be hard to find.
Post removed:
by user
Whoop04
I don't care for it, but I don't care for the regular Woodford.
FriedTex
AG
quote:
quote:
You are correct it is only available at their facility. Taking the wife there next Saturday - I'm not sure if it would be worth picking it up or not
I'd be willing to pay for one if you'll mule it back to TX.....
well I am driving down to Texas for the auburn game
schmellba99
AG
We may need to work out an arrangement. How much are these things going for anyway?
FriedTex
AG
quote:
We may need to work out an arrangement. How much are these things going for anyway?

http://gobourbon.com/makers-46-cask-strength/

According to this its 40 bucks - what do you think is fair?

I was thinking you buy 2 one for me and I'll get you the other one on Nov 7th when I'm in CS for the Auburn game

No sweat if you aren't interested
tx4guns
AG
Just tried it for the first time. Pretty good. Way better than Maker's CS. Not sure it's worth $80 for a 375ml though.

FriedTex
AG
quote:
Just tried it for the first time. Pretty good. Way better than Maker's CS. Not sure it's worth $80 for a 375ml though.

http://i.imgur.com/GSLSDyR.jpg

80 is what it retails for at the distillery? Or what you paid aftermarket?
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:

http://gobourbon.com/makers-46-cask-strength/

According to this its 40 bucks - what do you think is fair?

I was thinking you buy 2 one for me and I'll get you the other one on Nov 7th when I'm in CS for the Auburn game

No sweat if you aren't interested

I likely wont be at the Auburn game. Lemme think on it.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
quote:
quote:

http://i.imgur.com/GSLSDyR.jpg

80 is what it retails for at the distillery? Or what you paid aftermarket?
80 is what it would cost schmellba for a bottle.
tx4guns
AG
You said Schmellba buys 2 and you keep one for bringing them, so it would cost him $80+ for one.
FriedTex
AG
Well that's true
FriedTex
AG
Did the whisky connoisseur tasting at Heaven Hill and it was absolutely worth it. For 20 bucks they gave pours of Elijah Craig 23yo ($280), Heaven Hill Select Stock ($125, which was amazing), William Heavenhill ($150, second favorite) and Larceny (an old standard for me)

All for sale, but I blew my budget at Willet getting bottles of their 9 & 11yr bourbon.

Would absolutely do again
aggiesherpa
AG
Any thoughts on the Hudson baby bourbon or four grain bourbon? I was thinking of picking some up this weekend.
steve00
AG
quote:
Any thoughts on the Hudson baby bourbon or four grain bourbon? I was thinking of picking some up this weekend.

I like the Baby Bourbon and the Manhattan Rye, but $45 for a 375ml makes it hard to justify the value proposition.
aggiesherpa
AG
Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to check prices at a couple places before pulling the trigger, it at all.
Aggiejue
AG
Anyone try the Parker Heritage Collection 9 Malt Whiskey yet? If so, what are your thoughts? I think I will pass on this at $100.
jsn1986
AG
I enjoyed it a lot. Reminded me of the Strannahans Diamond Peak. If you like that style I think you'll be happy, but it is not going to blow your mind.
Mathguy64
AG
For $100, it should blow something.
Aggiejue
AG
OFBB '15 should be available at Specs soon. I received a call earlier to gauge my interest. For $85 I will most likely give it a try since I have never had it. It looks like the consensus is people prefer '12,'14,'13 in the order?
FriedTex
AG
I had a pour of the 12 a couple weeks ago. It was 'ok' I'd save my money for something else personally
tx4guns
AG
Got an OFBB today. Better than 14, not as good as 13. Nutty flavor, nice OFBB nose. It's good. Buy it if you find it.
plowboy1065
S
Had a buddy that got his hand on 3 and offered me one at cost. Can't wait to try the 15
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Found a bottle of Old Forester Birthday for $75. Is that a good price? Is it worth it?
plowboy1065
S
Yes and yes
bigevent99
AG
Got talked into some old scout today, and I must say it is very enjoyable. Anyone familiar?
Ringo88
AG
Interesting. I opened a bottle of Old Scout 7 yr this past Friday during a poker night, alongside 5 other offerings. It was recommended to me as being very smooth. To a man, it was ranked as the "roughest", being beaten out by Booker's center cut, Calumet, 1792 small batch select and Johnny Drum Private Reserve.
If I could hand you the rest of a very full bottle, I'd be happy to share. I don't hate it, just did nothing for me.
tx4guns
AG
If you want good Old Scout get store pick bottles. They are outstanding, especially the ones I help pick.
jsn1986
AG
Can you point us towards some stores in Houston (preferably north side) that have SAOS store picks? I know Nasa Liquors off Nasa Road 1 does, but that's just too far for me to make any kind of regular trip.
tx4guns
AG
NASA Liquors.
bigevent99
AG
It is a store pick 10 year. True spirits in dallas
plowboy1065
S
Anybody else hearing a delay on BTAC and Pappy for Texas? Talked to a couple of store owners and they are all being told mid to late November
First Page Last Page
Page 122 of 1073

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.