Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,753,101 Views | 37590 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by betadawg1
FriedTex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finishing with Elijah Craig ... Bc it's real good and frankly right now it doesn't matter
tx4guns
AG
Rowan's Creek and Coke Zero.
proudaggie02
AG
quote:
Bourbon is quickly becoming not worth the buy. There are many scotches and the one Irish whiskey I've tried (Redbreast 12) that are better than all of the bourbons I've ever tried especially for the prices they are running. I can get Redbreast for $45 at Total Wine and there isn't a bourbon Ive had that is in remotely the same class at that price.

Maybe look for the Scotch thread then. I've had plenty of bourbons under $45 that are much better than $60 bottles of Scotch.
YouBet
AG
I'll back off my comments a bit. I was deep into a bottle of something when I posted that. Back to bourbon talk....
Daytona22
AG
2015 BTAC Info
Mathguy64
AG
2 years ago I snagged a GTS, ER17 and THH all at list price of basically $70 each. Last year, nada at any price. This year, I ain't holding my breath.
Ringo88
AG
Anyone else had the Booker's 2015 Roundtable Center Cut? Found one yesterday to hold as a possible Christmas gift. Wondering if the beautiful packaging should last that long.
tx4guns
AG
The 2015 Roundtable is the worst of the three IMO.
AggieChemist
AG
Put my first deer in the freezer for 2015 this morning. Will be celebrating tonight with some 2014 Stagg and a 601 Habano cigar.
schmellba99
AG
I havent' been on a hunt for anything in a while, but swung by Goody Goody after picking up my new rifle from Eye Guy's store yesterday.

I was searching for some HH BIB 6 year old to put in one of my barrels, but they didn't have any on the shelf this time. They did have some Ron Zacapa 23 rum, so I grabbed a bottle of that because it is damned fine stuff.

Also picked up their last bottle of Ezra Brooks 12 year single barrel. I've never had it, can't say that I've ever heard anything (good or bad) about it, but figured what the hell. It's 99 proof - may crack it this weekend and see if it was worth the $30-ish or not.

Anybody heard anything about the Prohibition Texas Whiskey? They had a crap ton of it at $19.95/5th. I should have got one just to try out but didn't because I"m a cheap ass and didn't want to spend the extra money. I'm sure it's run of the mill production blended stuff out of one of the major distillers, but I've not heard or seen it before and don't know anything about it at all.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Will be muling 2 flasks full of 2012 Stagg into the game Saturday. If you're within arms reach of me you can have a pull.
Ringo88
AG
tx4guns,
Really? Wow, good to know. Sounds like a present to give away.

There's been a run on the "Center Cut/ Steak" 3rd release bottle here in Atlanta. Apparently, the #1 "Big Man" and #2 "Oven" releases were well thought-of and already disappeared. With the #4 bottle on the way within a month, all of my connections have been on the hunt of any remaining #3's. Just goes to show what hype and low supply can create in a fad marketplace.

Thanks for the input.
GregZeppelin
AG
quote:
Will be muling 2 flasks full of 2012 Stagg into the game Saturday. If you're within arms reach of me you can have a pull.

12 oz. of 140 proof bourbon for a three and a half hour game?!
Ducks4brkfast
AG
The two flasks hold the equivalent of a Jim Beam Traveler. Fwiw.
FriedTex
AG
quote:

Damn fine way to christen the new stadium!

I'm about 2 weeks from my HH BIB is ready I my mini barrel - I'll let you know how it turns out
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I paid for parking and my bro providing the booze. Seems fair
plowboy1065
S
Where is within arms reach?
htxag09
AG
I can arrange to be within arms reach.....
aggiemike89
AG
You better take advantage of that plowboy. Aggie football, a new Kyle Field and a pour of GTS. Doesn't get any better than that.
jsn1986
AG
A specs employee indicated they would be making calls on an allocated bourbon soon, but in typical specs fashion she didn't know what it was (or wouldn't tell). Anyone get a call in the last couple days, or know what they might be sending out? My only guess would be EC23 because I heard another store had some recently. Someone also mentioned some $200 4yr Garrison garbage, but I can't imagine that's it.
the dude10
AG
Picked up an EH Taylor barrel proof, that could be it.
Ringo88
AG
Picked up Blood Oath, Pact One a couple days ago as a gift. Lots of hype, B+ juice. I'd give it as a gift to a "collector" but probably won't buy a bottle to hold onto.

Eagle Rare 17 is apparently about to drop here in Atlanta.
Post removed:
by user
AggBock
AG
You guys heard of Benchmark? They sell it in Israel. Made by Buffalo Trace and it is good!
Daytona22
AG
Apparently ER 17 already released in GA Ringo... I'm not sure how hard I am going to hunt this year. I will hit up a couple places but not 7-8 every Friday off like I did last year. Hopefully will come across a gem somewhere but have plenty of bourbon if I don't. Let the hunting begin!

BTAC Release Map
FriedTex
AG
http://bourbonr.com/blog/interview-with-kris-comstock-of-buffalo-trace/?utm_source=All&utm_campaign=ab6d412acb-Bourbon+Heritage&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_857b214d18-ab6d412acb-100088513

Great interview on BTAC
Ringo88
AG
malibu,
My hunt is this week and next as I hold business meetings in GA down to panhandle FL.
Fingers crossed!
bonfiresmoke
I have a friend going to Kentucky in a few weeks and she said she would look for any bourbons I might want. She is not going on any tours, just visiting family. What would be something she might find up there that would be hard to get here?
jsn1986
AG
Makers 46 Cask Strength? Can only be acquired at the gift shop as I understand, but I don't know if you need to tour to hit the gift shop (never been).
Mathguy64
AG
Makers CS is available in many stores. The Bourbon Heritage Center (Heaven Hill) had a pretty decent offering in their store. Woodford just had WR when I was there. They were out of Double Oaked. BT just had BT and the Buffalo Cream. I don't recall even Eagle Rare or Blantons. Certainly not any of the BTAC or Pappy. I don't recall even seeing anything at FR, but I'm sure there was something. WT had stuff, but its what you can get on the shelves at most eny store. We were told that to sell in house, they actually had to buy it from a local liquor store to resell it (at no profit).

The short answer is that you wont be able to make out like a bandit at any distillery. I never bothered to check out the liquor stores when I did the trail.
aggiemike89
AG
Not sure what the Bourbon Heritage Center has now but when I went last fall they had Heaven Hill Select Stock and William Heavenhill cask and small batch. I'm fairly certain you can't buy that at stores but again that was last fall.
bigevent99
AG
Really enjoyed town branch rye when I was there and turns out I can't find it in Texas. Also second the buffalo trace cream.
jsn1986
jsn1986
AG
quote:
Makers CS is available in many stores.
I meant Makers 46 CS which I believe is only available in the gift shop. If you know stores that have it in Houston let me know.
FriedTex
AG
You are correct it is only available at their facility. Taking the wife there next Saturday - I'm not sure if it would be worth picking it up or not
First Page Last Page
Page 121 of 1075

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.